• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sound files for quotes

Not my area of expertise so I really can't help out here.

considering it's not causing any harm, I don't personally see a problem with it. It's kinda fun.

Last edited:
It's common with other wikis that are more centered around explaining the characters, but VSBW focuses more on the character's power so I wanted to know if others found it necessary or not. It's certainly a fun addition, but that's somewhat unrelated to how much it adds to the page.

It's common with other wikis that are more centered around explaining the characters, but VSBW focuses more on the character's power so I wanted to know if others found it necessary or not. It's certainly a fun addition, but that's somewhat unrelated to how much it adds to the page.
I've seen the GTA wiki use it more than anyone else TBH. But I thought we couldn't add media files anymore.

In any case, it's not something I see as mandatory so people are free to add it to profiles at their own leisure.

Seems fine in theory, but it could be hard to monitor, i.e. if the ogg/sound file has copyrighted music/inappropriate sounds.

I'd say this is quite fine and an addition to the standard template would be best.

As long as it does not violate any other rules... I am neutral.

But I would personally suggest that the words in the written / printed quote actually match with the words in the voices.

As long as it does not violate any other rules... I am neutral.

But I would personally suggest that the words in the written / printed quote actually match with the words in the voices.
That's obviously a given as Crabwhale said.

For what it's worth, I tried this on the mobile version and couldn't get the sound file to work. Dunno if that's a general mobile thing

I'm just neutral on this. I don't think it's something that is really needed on the wiki but I won't object to it.

Nothing against the idea, but it may take more complications to record and create. As long as it's only an optional thing, I don't mind them.

I'm neutral. It could be an optional thing. But it will also be a bit harder to monitor.

I agree with what The_Impress said. I see too many possible problems occurring with this, with only minor benefits at most.

I really don't see why something like this would be needed, and as The Impress said it could easily be used for trolling, it also takes a lot of time to go through each of these voice files to review them.

I saw it being implemented in Omni-Man's profile, and while it does works on mobile, it looks really out of place.

I’m fine with this being only an optional thing given how time-consuming this would be to implement.

I disagree tbh, sound files are far harder to monitor vs. regular text, and can very well be used to troll by containing misrepresentative or even vulgar audio
That is a very good point. I suppose that I switch to a negative view of this then.

I land in Neutral, leaning towards Disagree for Impress' reasons.

Sound files would be difficult af to keep track of, and I just don't think it's worth it.

Like, are content mods willing to constantly listen to the entire sound file of whatever profile's made? Even if could contain earrape or other miserable screechings? Because that's the route I'm seeing this go.

Amount of dedication and moderation would genuinely have to make this a locked-pages exclusive

Last edited:
Like, are content mods willing to constantly listen to the entire sound file of whatever file's made? Even if could contain earrape or other miserable screechings? Because that's the route I'm seeing this go.
No

Like, are content mods willing to constantly listen to the entire sound file of whatever file's made? Even if could contain earrape or other miserable screechings? Because that's the route I'm seeing this go.

Amount of dedication and moderation would genuinely have to make this a locked-pages exclusive
I do not mind listening to sound files but that's a good point about earrape and miserable screeching. I'd have to turn down the volume a bit for that sort of stuff but that wouldn't be something I'd do all the time, so I might get caught off guard. If we can in fact expect this to be a serious issue, then I can see that as a reason not to allow this.

Last edited:
Hell I could even maybe put a sound file that's hella quite in the beginning, but midway turns into ear-piercing yells, or maybe do that one trick of having the quite layered over the painful frequencies only kids are able to hear, and in general splice whatever disgusting audio I find midway a quote.

Like yes this kinda trolling DOES need effort, but imo not that much effort to do, and the first discoverers would be at the receiving end of it.

The more I think about it, the more opportunities I see of its exploitation :V

It seems like we are leaning toward rejecting this suggestion so far.

Back