• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Crush Doesn't Exist

I actually agreed in the last thread about Orihime. She is the only character who has clearly shown resistance to it. But that doesn't change it not working on stronger characters.

But that's the point, she has no higher energy than people that don't resist, and her being special is due to her causality stuff, nothing else.

Or the fact that, again, Tatsuki resisted the soul suck and ended up extremely weakened while Chad and Orihime did without any adverse effects. There's a clear difference in resistance, and a clear fact that resistance to soul stuff is needed. Just being powerful doesn't cut it.

AKM sama said:
I actually agreed in the last thread about Orihime. She is the only character who has clearly shown resistance to it. But that doesn't change it not working on stronger characters.
Omg what? This is completely false. I don't even understand the point you're trying to make with this "stronger character" business. There are several abilities that weaklings have within the series that can harm the "stronger" individual. Your argument seems to revolve around Aizen's statement and nothing else as far as I can tell.

Actually, let me ask this in the simplest of senses because I feel a miscommunication.

Are you saying someone without resistance to Soul stuff would resist by merely having the same power or close to it? Or that people with resistance to soul stuff would resist by merely having the same power or close to it?

AKM sama said:
Pretty much everyone in bleach have resistance , not just orihime .

You need a uncontradicted statement for a caveat to be accepted , according to the very rules of the SBA , and you have yet to present any .

Whether it has a caveat of simply not working against people of similar AP or something so long as they have an energy? That's what I got from the posts above.

Actually regarding Tatsuki, I feel people are making a false equivalancy between Reiatsu Crush and what Yammy did.

Yammy's soul suck is not reiatsu crush, it's not even soul destruction. It's soul absorption, which isn't the same thing as what Reiatsu Crush is being treated to have currently. Just because you resist having your soul pulled out of you doesn't mean you resist having it crushed/destroyed. Which aligns with the fact that Tatsuki's soul was getting flattened by Yammy despite Gonzui failing against her.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Are you saying someone without resistance to Soul stuff would resist by merely having the same power or close to it? Or that people with resistance to soul stuff would resist by merely having the same power or close to it?
That it doesn't work on people having more energy than the user, which is literally the case in Bleach.

Also about the statement part, it is preferable but not the only thing needed. Feats always > statements. And there are several where it doesn't work on stronger characters and none where it works.

In no way does that prove that it can tanked with only AP.

Did you heard about resistance ? That's is the reason why RC is not affecting those above you .

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Actually regarding Tatsuki, I feel people are making a false equivalancy between Reiatsu Crush and what Yammy did.

Yammy's soul suck is not reiatsu crush, it's not even soul destruction. It's soul absorption,
Lol what

┘ó┘á┘ó┘á┘á┘ú┘á┘® ┘í┘º┘ñ┘ú┘í┘í

How is not working on stronger people help your argument here? When it literally doesn't work on fodder as explained to you multiple times. You're completely ignoring their natural resistances. I'd also like to see some of these several scenes you're talking about.

Your argument doesn't work here, you think you're exclusively arguing power bypasses it but don't realize your argument is essentially one of the arguments people try to use saying all the characters are immune to everyone hax within the series because of lower Reitasu which is like contradicted every single time someone weaker fights someone stronger.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Yeah, only Quincy can't except Yhwach and maybe Jugram.
Ok. So if Hollows and Soul Reaper crush souls with RC, wouldn't there be more human deaths in Bleach?. I'm not to knowledgeable but haven't hollows and soul reaper battled in Ichigo's home town many times. Wouldn't the second they flexed out their energy, countless humans would die in the area given this is a passive effect?.

Or am I missing something?. Are they keeping it contained?.

Ah right. Then Correction. Tatsuki resisting soul suck from Gonzui is the faulty example to use (this was used above, which is why I responded to it)

That said, I'm also not liking the idea that not a single person here has even remotely considered the possibility of these being outliers.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Yeah, only Quincy can't except Yhwach and maybe Jugram.
Ok. So if Hollows and Soul Reaper crush souls with RC, wouldn't there be more human deaths in Bleach?. I'm not to knowledgeable but haven't hollows and soul reaper battled in Ichigo's home town many times. Wouldn't the second they flexed out their energy, countless humans would die in the area given this is a passive effect?.
Or am I missing something?. Are they keeping it contained?.
Shinigami have seals on their reiatsu while in the human world, they need permision to remove them, and, IIRC, the 2dn dimision is also creating a zone in the human world for the shinigami to operate at 100% reiatsu (tho I may be wrong on this).

There would be, but Shinigsmi wear limiters to the human world and also lower their power to try and not influence the human world.

As for hollows, in the canon Bleach sequel Burn The Witch it's stated about 80% of the deaths in the history of London was caused by "dragons" or in other words hollows. So they do kill them.

So for what you're talking about, I think you mean fake Karakura town which isn't the real one, the Shinigami have a fake version of the town to protect the humans.

Idk if you can count that as resistance for Tatsuki. It wasn't like she was unaffected.

Edit:

At least, based on the scan shown.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Also no, she wasn't resisting Yammys RC. She was literally about to be killed until Chad and Orihime stepped in to save her....
Except that's the definition of resisting? What you're saying here doesn't matter. Let's not forget she was also able to stand in Aizens presence without getting obliterated as well.

Aizen is a different case. But the specific case with Yammy is most definitely not resistance.

Ulquiorra flat out said Yammy was crushing Tatsuki's soul just by being in front of her, and she was passing out simultaneously. That wouldn't have happened if she had actual resistance. And resisting Gonzui (which is a different application of soul hax) doesn't help.

You're not listening to a word I'm saying. If she had no resistance she'd be instantly killed. It's simple to understand.

Her passing out means she withstood it, and again Reitasu has a variety of effects.

Again you didn't understand what I said, I'm saying Gonzui weakened her heavily. Please read my posts clearly before you respond.

Uh, what? Not being instantly killed can easily be covered by Yammys reiatsu crush just not being that good. We have never given resistances out for that and, outside of this, still isnt treated like that IIRC.

> Not being that good

Dude what? It's literally a power for just existing lol. But actually according to the logic at hand and your statement I guess he should be downgraded to tier 9? since she apparently has enough power to withstand a 6-C or should we upgrade her to 6-C?

And we do give resistance, it's literally how you get resistance. For tanking something. I'm not going to keep arguing this point with you.

Maybe her not getting one-shot is plot convience?

And I don't think that's how resistance works here. Even if you were to give her resistance, it would be nowhere near its full value.

Hell, I made a profile that was in a similar situation. Sofia Bulga resisted the effects of Tomoki Iwahashi's mind manipulation (With a potency in the tens of millions). While others are instantly mind haxxed by it, she was only subtly made to think of Tomoki favorably, while still being able to fight and kill him (Which she would have done, if it wasn't nighttime).

She doesn't scale to the full value of his MM potency and actually has more evidence to support her having resistance than Tatsuki, being that she's way stronger than Tomoki (A lot of times more strength = more resistance) and she was much less harmed by the effects of MM than Tatsuki was by RC. Literally all it did was make her think "Ah, he was a worthy opponent who had interesting abilities." She also has more evidence for resisting this stuff because her whole shtick is fighting and taking the power of dragons, so it's very likely she resist a dragon's roar anyway, which is already in the millions mind-hax wise.

Back