• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Crush Doesn't Exist

Funny how you said something I never said.

"doesnt immediately do what its supposed to please."

The point of having resistance is to stop a hax from working on you. If the ability still does its job, then your not resisting it.

My only issue with this is Tatsumaki tbh, like a girl with a smidget of Reikyoku can have resistances on such a high level. There's also that argument with Aizen thinking Ichigo not having Reiatsu against him, sacrificing it for "physical strength" or what have you.

@Manzi

Her Resistance is scaled off of Gonzui, nothing on her profile is related to resistance to RC.

And no it's not for plot, she has no form of importance outside of being Orihime and Ichigo's friend.

And once again she resists against Aizen as well, he even congratulated her.

Her resisting Aizen is an actual feat yes. But like I said before, not a single one of us ever considering these feats are Outliers is an issue.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:

The point of having resistance is to stop a hax from working on you. If the ability still does its job, then your not resisting it.
This would make sense if you actually understood the effects of Reitasu instead of thinking it's just some soul crush. It's literally on the profile as an aura with a variety of effects. It can range from a variety of effects with soul crush being the strongest.

In the scan in question, he said she survived via luck, not having resistance to Gonzui. So yes, it very much is plot convenience.

I feel like what it does in a vs match should be specified on the page. "insta-soulhax gg" seems to be a common go-to.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
This would make sense if you actually understood the effects of Reitasu instead of thinking it's just some soul crush. It's literally on the profile as an aura with a variety of effects. It can range from a variety of effects with soul crush being the strongest.
Then she resists the abilities that didnt actually effect her. Simple.

"Resistance is the ability to lessen the effectiveness of certain techniques and abilities through whatever means, such as greatly decreasing the potency of Mind Manipulation or nullifying it altogether. In many cases, it can occur through sheer willpower, especially in the case of mental attacks. For any ability, resistance to that ability can be demonstrated, to varying degrees of effectiveness, ranging from slight and mostly inconsequential to extremely high, potentially completely nullifying those abilities"

Even slightly lowering the effect is counted as resistance

YungManzi said:
In the scan in question, he said she survived via luck, not having resistance to Gonzui. So yes, it very much is plot convenience.
Nah she should keep her Gonzui resistance. While it was a struggle, she did barely keep her soul from being sucked. It just needs to be referenced that the resistance isnt as great as implied to be.

YungManzi said:
Except Yammy is a dumb brute, these arguments aren't exactly new. You can't survive with luck. The series literally explains it and how reiryoku work and etc. Not plot since she has no significance to the plot.

You mean the soul crush that was clearly doing what it was supposed to do? No.

I think you're trolling me now -.-. She dulled the effects it had on her and thus resisted it. Stop being incredibly difficult.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
So Soul Crush? I won't repeat it again...
You mean the soul crush that was clearly doing what it was supposed to do? No.
Even if she slowed the soul crush for 0.001 seconds , it's still resistance .

Plenty of characters have no significance to the plot and survive via plot convenience anyway in plenty of series. But seriously, is it not strange that his base RC can soul crush her, but she has resistance to a soul related named ability of his?

Is Gonzui that garbage in-verse?

EmperorRorepme said:
My only issue with this is Tatsumaki tbh, like a girl with a smidget of Reikyoku can have resistances on such a high level. There's also that argument with Aizen thinking Ichigo not having Reiatsu against him, sacrificing it for "physical strength" or what have you.
The Aizen point isn't a real thing, he was questioning why and how Ichigo got so strong is all because he was using no techniques or anything just parrying. He was also unable to sense his power.

And that is not how resistance works. There's absolutely nothing here that says an ability not immediately working = the character is resisting it.

Again, point out to me a single character page here who has a hax resistance because of this.

EmperorRorepme said:
Aizen also said that he is a dimensional tier above soul reaper and that mugetsu ichigo is a dimension beyond himself : so 5-D ichigo when ?

Aizen got it wrong , plain and simple . The dude was so delusionnal during that fight it's not even the same characther .

EmperorRorepme said:
Aizen was wrong.

That isn't the point though. He theorised it which brings up the possibility. He didn't even question how Ichigo was able to stand in his presence.
He also theorized Ichigo had a dimensional gap in power it's just a guess, Although I'm not sure where you're going with this considering no character within the series does that.

Aizen literally thought he was the strongest being in existence and got so full of hubris he didn't even use KS. So using an unsupported theory that you admitted is incorrect is silly to me.

EmperorRorepme said:
He wasn't delusional he was arrogant and exaggerating his power.
He was also saying that it was impossible for him to lose , all the while badly losing .

That is being delusionnal .

All of his "theories": physical strengh ,5-D ichigo etc, was just his coping method to try to understand why he was losing without admitting that he was weaker and wrong

Ok sure that was delusional but denying he was losing is just a villainy troupe of "I have the ultimate weapon" then utter disbelief that someone in an very short period of time could defeat him. Centuries of time and effort wasted in an instant in comparison.

That doesn't mean he cannot make rational judgements though and this was before he started acting delusional and losing badly.

5D Ichigo and 4D Aizen are just extreme overestimation of power or just a fundamental misunderstanding of how dimensions work. Not really a delusional theory but he was wrong yes.

And to add to the physical power thing not once did he question why Ichigo wasn't evaporating in his presence.

You guys realise that ichigo in that moment is in soul society which proves that he is just a spiritual mass?if he doesn't have reiatsu how would he even exist there

So you admit that aizen, during that fight, can make statements that clearly miss how the fundamental works but you base your argument on one of those statements ?

Aizen is clearly wrong about his "spiritual power into physical power" theory anyway , because ichigo is still a soul in this fight , a being made of spiritual matter and energy , he can't have none and still be alive or even existing. Even basic souls have spiritual energy , that's why hollow eat them in the first place .

He also said , that soul reaper battles are fight of spirit energy a while before , so wich is it ?

Aizen was just speaking non sense during his fight against ichigo

Yeah because he stated this before he started saying delusional things.

He is but that wasn't the point. Aizen only said that because he couldn't sense Ichigo at all. Also Ichigo could still be Reishi but not have any Reiatsu.

Sure but he can't sense any energy from Ichigo so he had to make this theory. I'm not saying Aizen is right btw.

EmperorRorepme said:
No he isn't. He's in a random wasteland. You can have reiryoku without reiatsu by the way.
Lol what,that is soul society it's the whole dimension lol that's where real karakura town were removed to

And no reiatsu is just another form or reiryoku

The difference between spiritual energy and spiritual pressure is simple: Reiryoku is the amount of energy a being has stored within their body or soul, whereas Reiatsu is the pressure that a person's Reiryoku exerts. In other words, Reiryoku is potential while Reiatsu is energy in use and can be sensed by other spiritually aware beings. In general, those with high levels of Reiryoku will often have the highest levels of Reiatsu also.

You can have a look at bleach wiki they have scans and sources

@kuki yeah ichigo at that point is a spirutal reishi being and every spiritual being must have reiykou

Again from bleach wiki

Every spiritual being and every Human has a certain amount of Reiryoku. If this amount is higher than a certain degree, it grants the person superhuman abilities.

EmperorRorepme said:
No he isn't. He's in a random wasteland. You can have reiryoku without reiatsu by the way.
they were in the real karakura wich was in soul society at the time , he then move Aizen to a wasteland , but they are still in the soul society.

If aizen was right about his theory , then it would be a condradiction .

But he is wrong so where is the problem ? he theorized , contradict himself from a dozen of chapter or so ago , and he is being delusionnal the whole fight . His statements during his fight against ichigo can't be taken into account .

Back