• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur Vl: Soul Blade Feats

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this one is something that popped in my head and i don't know how to handle this.

Soul Calibur Vl is a reboot of Soul Calibur's 1-ll and part of lll. However, the events of Soul Blade are still canon to this new timeline.

So the question here is whether feats from the original Soul Blade are allowed to be used for Vl. And by feats, I mean the High 7-C+ feat from weakened Soul Edge and Cervantes.

If the events are depicted as the same likely, for Mortal Kombat for example the events were the nearly same up until point, and were splitted because the new feats were higher for the char. i can see the split if there are feat higher than the original continuinity.

For example the original timeline MK characters are rated 9-A, they started the same in the new continuity due to test of might, but the timeline ended up to be altered and there was an event that did not accured in the original timeline which was Kintaro surviving a 8-A bomb, that event dived the characters key based on the timeline. I was referring to that, the same could happen to SC.

Oh I see. Well there is that Power spreading feat they mention and show when Siegfried is getting possessed and that is during the time of Soul Blade. So you maybe right as that is something that didn't happen in the original.

Yes, also in the story there is the option to talk with NPC about it which is nice.

Okay, that does answer my question. I was wondering. So we at least know we have a 6-C to fall back to at the very least.

If the Nightmare beam of the Soul Calibur Intro and SE Cervantes appearing with a storm in a flashback in the story, then yes.

Yes, the beam is the likely same with the phrase that it splitted the sky, it is also said that it went as far to India. The story is also mostly the same and it does not deviate like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct did.

I wonder if there are any new speed feats. Otherwise these guys are stuck at unknown speed.

So basically we have a solid High 7-C feat that we have to work into scaling. Sadly the 7-A Cloud-Piercing feat didn't carry over.

I will search for speed feats once I get the game in an hour or so.

Next is to decide how to scale. I think this game has made it quite clear that most of the cast can reasonably keep up with one another. Of course I still have to play Soul Chronicle to see for myself.

I will see what I can find and then make the SCVl revision thread within the next few days. Keep your eyes on this blog.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...bur_Franchise:_Soul_Calibur_Vl_Respect_Thread

Back