• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur Vl Revision + Original Timeline Upgrades

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So now it is time to hopefully finish revising this verse. It took some time, but this should end it.

Everything discussed here was put together here. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2255146

For New Timeline stuff, here is this blog. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...bur_Franchise:_Soul_Calibur_Vl_Respect_Thread

New Timeline Scaling
God Tiers: At least Small Country level (With the combined power of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur along with absorbing the power of multiple Astral Fissures,the Ultimate Seed had enough power that could destroy a country or two. In this case we used a low end of Germany. This scales to Ultimate Seed Azwel, Libra of Souls Groh and the Libra of Souls Protagonist)

Top Tiers: At least Small City level, likely Small Country level (Azwel's feat is only done with parts of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur's power. This means that the likes of Inferno and Nightmare should partially scale to this. The likes of Siegfried scale to this as well as Sophitia and Cervantes with Both Soul Edges. Siegfried scales as he defeated both Inferno and Nightmare at once by himself)

Mid Tiers: Large Town level+ (These guys scale to half of the Low 7-B calc as it takes two characters to defeat Incomplete Nightmare and Inferno. This scales to Kilik, Xianghua, Maxi, Ivy, Astaroth, Taki, Groh, Base Azwel, Mitsurugi, Zasalamel, Tira, Voldo, Geralt, Yoshimitsu and Cervantes)

Low Tiers: Large Town level (Weaker than the likes of Mid Tiers. Characters like Mi-Na can put up a small fight against Ivy, but are ultimately to weak to defeat them. Along with Mi-Na we have Raphael, Lizardman (Aeon) and Talim who scale to this)

Bottom Tiers: Street level to Wall level (Weaker Malfested and Soldiers can break heavy armors. Basically absolute fodder)

New Abilities
Now when it comes to abilities, everyone is almost quite literally the same. However there are some new things.

Nightmare: He gets Space-Time Manipulation via the fact that his power created Astral Fissures in which are literal rips in Space-Time.

Zasalamel: He gets Time Stop due to his ability to well....stop time.

Siegfried: He gets Soul Manipulation via Soul Wave from his Dark Legacy state only.

Yoshimitsu: He gets Mind Reading as throughout his Story Mode, he constantly read the minds of the people he came across.

Everyone: This I didn't not in the blog, but everyone gets Statistics Amplification via Soul Charge.

Original Timeline
Well on the thread linked above we discussed multiple evidences that upgrades the God Tiers immensely and upgrades Mid and Low Tiers as well.

God Tiers:

Algol:

Night Terror:

• At least Planet level (Is a much mightier and chaotic form of Nightmare and the personification of the Soul Edge in its completed state. It is the very embodiment of Astral Chaos and everything inside it, and those who master the energy within Astral Chaos can casually create entire planets. Even the likes of Algol is fearful of him), possibly Large Planet level (Astral Chaos contains fragments of the human world, and possibly gas giants such as Jupiter)
Top Tiers: Complete Soul Edge Nightmare, Complete Soul Calibur Siegfried, Complete Inferno, Elysium, Cervantes with Complete Soul Edge, Alpha Patroklos and Pyrrha Omega (Mountain level) (Scaled to Complete Inferno's 394 Megaton feat). So "7-A"

High Tier: Abyss (Mountain level) (Scaled to his very own 368 Megaton feat). So "7-A".

Low High Tiers: Incomplete Nightmare, Siegfried, Incomplete Inferno, Zasalamel, Xianghua with Soul Calibur, Z.W.E.I (Mountain level) (Scaled to half of Abyss' feat as it took Siegfried and Nightmare combined to defeat him. So 184 Megatons). So "7-A"

Mid Tiers: Kilik, Xianghua, Maxi, Astaroth, Cervantes, Ivy, Mitsurugi, Taki, Setsuka, Regular Patroklos, Regular Pyrrha, Tira, Hilde, Voldo, Yoshimitsu, Rock, Sophitia, Aeon, Xiba, Leixia, Natsu, Mass-Produced Astaroth and Ashlotte (City level+) (Half of Incomplete Nightmare in which is 92 Megatons. Some characters are a bit lower than this). So "7-B".

Low Tiers: Mi-Na, Yun-Seong, Talim, Necrid, Li Long, Hwang, Raphael, Amy, Cassandra, Shura, Dampierre, Kamikirimusi, Scheherazade and Charade (At most City level) (Weaker than the mid-tier characters, but can still put up a fight against them). So "At most 7-B"

Only one Ii don;t know how to fit in is Edge Master who said that he was willing to face Algol, but was not 100% sure he'd win.

tl;dr New Timeline
God Tiers: At least Low 6-B

Top Tiers
: At least Low 7-B, likely Low 6-B

Mid Tiers
: High 7-C+

Low Tiers
: High 7-C

Bottom Tier
: 9-C to 9-B

tl;dr Original Timeline
God Tiers: At least 5-B. possibly 5-A

Top Tiers
: 7-A

High Tiers

Low High Tiers

Mid Tiers
: 7-B+

Low Tiers
: At most 7-B

This should be everything.

The Low 7-B calc was done by a Complete Soul Edge. Remember that the Soul Edge in story is only at half power.

That's what I said.

We have baseline Low 7-B at 1 megaton. Half of 3.3 megatons is 1.65 megatons, which is higher than that.

But remember that the Mid Tiers scale below that. It took Kilik and Xianghua combined with special weapons to beat Nightmare and Inferno. Top Tiers scale to 1.65 Megatons.

For the most part. However, Soul Calibur didn't come into play until the Inferno fight. Kali Yuga absorbed Nightmare's Evil Energy and Xianghua's Krita-Yuga is a sealed SC. Hence why they don't fully scale.

Firstly... I've just watched the whole of Libra of Souls, and am not sure about the God Tiers being that strong. Could someone explain that to me ?

Other than that... I'm good with everything else.

Basically, Azwel has the power of both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

This is clearly not the full power as Soul Edge has already been defeated by this point is still not Complete.

Your character literally pulls out Soul Calibur to defeat Azwel. (Or Soul Edge if you decided to be an asshole instead of an actual decent human/lizard/malfested/robot/etc being)

This power is also gained from absorbing multiple Astral Fissures (Rips in Space-Time caused by Nightmare). Basically absorbing bits of power from Astral Chaos.

This means that the Low 6-B feat is formed by 3 main things: Some power from Soul Edge, Some power from Soul Calibur and power taken from Astral Chaos.

Thank you. That makes more sense... But still a bit fuzzy on some ends. There was a crucial point about him/her (Protagonist) being the missing key Azwell was searching for... So maybe that could help w/ scaling.

The missing portion was the MC because while he had the base power, he didn't have all the power he needed. He needed you in order to give it planetary range so that he can basically mind hax the planet with energy. See his goal was the "evolution of the human race" not the "destruction of the human race".

Yeah, he is considered to be a major threat post Azwel and even forced the protag to have to run away in their first encounter. Then the second time, matching him in combat.

seems legit. Though didn't siegfried wielded both soul caliber and soul edge in SC 3? Still top tier only or could be higher?

You are thinking of SC ll after he was freed from Inferno's control. He only had both for like a few seconds. He immediately gave the biggest middle finger to Soul Edge and stabbed him in the eye with Soul Calibur, forming Soul Embrace. Basically sealing away both swords.

i remember smth about him giving the finger really. But i'm just wondering if he should have a stat for having soul embrace even for a bit?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
i remember smth about him giving the finger really. But i'm just wondering if he should have a stat for having soul embrace even for a bit?
Well Soul Embrace isn't exactly a weapon, it a state in which both swords are basically useless and sealed.

So I need to know. How should we treat weapon abilities here? I assumed we toss them out in the New Timeline, but some weapons have lore based powers from the OT. Should we still grant them these abilities in the NT?

Back