• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KnightOfSunlight said:
Well, Sora still gets oneshotted, but he comes back into the fight and gets oneshotted again.
The reason he gets one shotted the 1st time is because he doesn't immediately start with Warp. Post Ressurection he'd be more likely to.

Hst master said:
The reason he gets one shotted the 1st time is because he doesn't immediately start with Warp. Post Ressurection he'd be more likely to.
Not really, as he doesn´t gsin experience from it either, leading to the exact same strategy over again, also applying to Dante, leading to the exact same chain of events as before, leading to an inconclusive if this happens, as neither will truly defeat the other. Unless Sora actually considers using Warp or Dante seals in the first attemp, which doesn´t seem likely, but still considerable.

Hst master said:
......Bob, Tangible Experience is Game Mechanics.
Not really as we can see all the stuff going in that one part of the game with cutscenes.

Are you going to tell me cutscenes are game mechanics out of all things?

And after seeing the profile..

What prevents Sora from just leaving the Sealing by just making a portal?

He can mayyybe use the Power of Waking to just go to a place that´s "inside him", the get out to another place where he can just go back.

Dante's sealing? Well, it can hold another 3-A back and prevent them from leaving where they've been sealed, even via teleportation or other means.

It took Mundus a long time (it's implied centuries, but we don't know how long ago Sparda sealed him away) to come close to breaking a similar seal, and that was just making a hole for him to travel through.

Dienomite22 said:
@Bobsican
You lost me and that sounds like a really big maybe

@KnightOfSunlight

Mundus and the demon world were sealed for 2000 years
Well, Sora managed to do it after having to reach the hearts of his friends that were taken by an unique Heartless, which act ended up triggering the causality manip retcon to try again before all the stuff, meaning that such thing is also prone of being causality´d

@Bobiscan

I'm not familiar enough to get the context of what you're referencing but it doesn't sound like it was used to resistance sealing.I would ask for an explanation but I doubt I would still get the context so someone else who knows about KH should give a proper rebuttal to this.

Dienomite22 said:
@Bobiscan
I'm not familiar enough to get the context of what you're referencing but it doesn't sound like it was used to resistance sealing.I would ask for an explanation but I doubt I would still get the context so someone else who knows about KH should give a proper rebuttal to this.
Not exactly, more like "retcon" it, you could say.

And I tried to find it, but that part of the game technically isn´t a proper cutscene (most of it is actual gameplay with dialogue), meaning that I would have to dig into actual gameplay, which would take a while...

Not really as we can see all the stuff going in that one part of the game with cutscenes.

Are you going to tell me cutscenes are game mechanics out of all things?

And Tangible Experience isn't in cutscenes. At all. Nor is it even acknowledged.

Being able to control or interact with the experience you gain, altering the effects of how you grow or how you learn.

So in this case, Sora using moves that prevent him gaining experience means he can, at least in some way, theoretically interact with and alter how he learns and develops.

@Bob

I mean the literal experience points that drop from enemies in Chain of Memories(The game Sora uses Warp in). It doesn't drop when he uses Warp on Enemies

Hst master said:
@Bob
I mean the literal experience points that drop from enemies in Chain of Memories(The game Sora uses Warp in). It doesn't drop when he uses Warp on Enemies
Oh.

No, that´s another thing. I´m talking about his causality stuff that leaded to such scenario.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Actually, Sora may have a win condicion in Lethal Frame, which can time stop those with time stop resistence, but the chances of him going for that are not very big.

Theglassman12 said:
Is there proof he spams it in character?
If we go by what´s only at the cutscenes in the series, Sora leads with Keyblade swings, basic elemental spells (Thunder, Fire, Blizzard, their upgraded versions and probably also including Water and Aero), Flowmotion (which allows quite a lot of useful movement/attacks and also allows to quickly close the gap between him and the opponent) and Form Changes as far I remember.

Also obligatory mention of Curaga and summons.

Outside of that, he´ll start using better stuff if he notices just smacking Dante won´t do it.

Being at low health also turns his Drive Form stuff load far faster, meaning that he can also spam form changes (Which he does in character when he can), which basically means... Ultima Weapon.

And it´s to be noted that as the fight goes on, Dante´s regen will decrease (As denoted in the weakness section), by the way, meaning that he can´t just take attacks forever.

Dante's weakness section needs revising as there's nothing in the games that suggests his regen weakens. And it doesn't change the fact that Dante oneshots with anything, and he can continuously oneshot or just seal Sora.

Sora also has ways to passively heal himself to put Second Chance/Once More to the limits, like the Stitch summon or linking with a Wheeflower.

Dante can passively heal himself to with DT and fought people who can heal passively. That's nothing new to him.

But it still means that Sora can go more for the offensive in such scenario (As Second Chance and Once More only needs Sora to have at least more than the bare mininum amount of health to keep fighting), which is prone to happen.

Why are we trying to jump through hoops on Sora abilities when Warp would get him a win? It's quite literally his only wincon and he'd be more than willing to use it once he gets one shoted the 1st time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back