• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora and Shiro vs Komugi from HunterxHunter in Gungi

Meruem's intelligence is on par with Shiro and Sora imo, and even he never managed to defeat Komugi. I don't think there's much they can do here. Blank will unfortunately experience their first loss here, because I'm pretty sure Komugi is just impossible to beat in that particular game, that's essentially her Hatsu I believe.

Again, similarly to Shiro, Meruem can analyze nearly infinite possibilities and pretty much predict the future based on even the faintest of inputs. Yet he never managed to beat Komugi even with his Extraordinary Genius and Accelerated Development, because Komugi herself outmatched him in all those regards, when it comes to Gungi. That's her hax imo.

Honestly, I don't know that Meruem can be stated to be on the same level of intelligence as Sora and Shiro. Heuristically speaking, it is true that Komugi's hatsu is what makes her Gungi intelligence so great, but ____ has defeated opponents that use magic to cheat in their games in multiple occasions. So I don't think Komugi having Hatsu grants decisive victory.

I can definitely see this going either way.

MindControl116 said:
Honestly, I don't know that Meruem can be stated to be on the same level of intelligence as Sora and Shiro. Heuristically speaking, it is true that Komugi's hatsu is what makes her Gungi intelligence so great, but ____ has defeated opponents that use magic to cheat in their games in multiple occasions. So I don't think Komugi having Hatsu grants decisive victory.

I can definitely see this going either way.
True, but it's usually through circumventing the magic ability or working around it by using the rules of the game to their advantage or their opponents' ignorance of a certain topic. Not to take anything away from them, but as far as I remember they haven't beaten any magic ability directly without some sort of trick. Not to mention that they will likely not even realize that Komugi's skill is due to Nen/Magic, so that may throw them off if they don't have previous knowledge.

Though admittedly I'm not entirely caught up with NGNL, so I maybe missing something.

Even Lex Luthor has 15 rounds to beat her and we don't even sure he could ?

He is vastly smarter than Meruem (He even on par Brainiac)

and the bro-sis is good at chess only IIRC

Can sibling learn about the rules of Gungi ?

Saw Komugi techniques ?

If not Komugi Ez Won ?

They're probably Gungi experts, especially Shiro, but it's still likely not enough to beat Komugi's Hatsu.

Lemongifted101 said:
Even Lex Luthor has 15 rounds to beat her and we don't even sure he could ?

He is vastly smarter than Meruem (He even on par Brainiac)

and the bro-sis is good at chess only IIRC

Can sibling learn about the rules of Gungi ?

Saw Komugi techniques ?

If not Komugi Ez Won ?
What on Earth are you saying? They're only good at chess? What?!

Have you read No Game No Life? Because, uh, I have read it, and they're very good at every game they have ever played. It's not "just chess."

Alsotime said:
Lex Luther isn't on par with brainiac and I'm sure the siblings can beat her(Komugi)
Luthor has outsmarted Brainiac multiple times. And when it comes to Gungi, Komugi's accelerated development is far faster than what the siblings are capable of, so I don't think they can.

So yeah I'm voting Komugi. If Meruem couldn't do it despite his superhuman intellect and his accelerated development that makes Gon's look like a turtle, I don't think the siblings can either.

If Komugi was in base they could stand a chance, but her Hatsu basically makes it so she's unbeatable in Gungi, and it'll take nothing less than a Supergenius to defeat her in this state.

outsmarting someone doesnt always make you smarter than them, I know for a fact that braniac is smarter than lex luther because of their intelligence levels luther the smartest man on earth is a 8 and braniac one of the smartest beings in the universe is a 12 and even thought that may seem like a short 4 number difference the gap is astronomical and I believe that blank who has consistently won games they have never played before could beat komungi

If Komugi was in base they could stand a chance, but her Hatsu basically makes it so she's unbeatable in Gungi, and it'll take nothing less than a Supergenius to defeat her in this state.

This sound like NLF to me. If it wasn't, then I would vote Komugi, but it's precisely the fact that this is NLF what motivates me not to vote for Komugi.

It's not NLF. She was impossible to defeat by Meruem, so if you can prove that [____] is smarter than Meruem, then you'll have proven they can beat Komugi arguably.

Just to demonstrate how intelligent Meruem is I'll quote some excerpts from his profile:

"Extraordinary Genius. Meruem was able to speak before even being born. Meruem possesses immense memory and analytical skills, being able to learn and master nearly anything he comes across in a short period. He was able to defeat world champions at various games just after reading a rule book and playing a few matches. He is capable of examining multiple scenarios in a matter of seconds. He excels at identifying his opponent's "rhythm," the unconscious bias that guides their choices, and at disrupting it or turning it against them, not only gaining insight in their thought process but also managing to exploit it for his benefit. Playing Gungi with Komugi elevated his pattern-recognition skills to an ability similar to precognition. It is thanks to this faculty that he was able to penetrate Netero's otherwise impregnable defense, even predicting what body parts he would be able to cut off in advance."

"Precognition (Due to his genius in Gungi and other strategy-based games he gained a supernatural foresight. After a while, he can see the opponents unconscious bias when they attack and act accordingly; against Netero who had limitless options of defense, he was able to identify his unconscious bias and take out his limbs)."

And he was still nowhere near the level needed to beat her, and keep in mind that both Meruem and Komugi have Accelerated Development as well so they were both constantly improving.

Also I'd like to point out that Meruem is 40 days old XD.

Are they only given a single game to try to win? I don't know who they are but from reading their profiles and the posts in this thread, I think they could honestly win if they're given a fair amount of attempts.

With each attempt Komugi's skill accelerates even further. I honestly don't believe they are intelligent enough to catch up with her. She played hundreds of games with a fellow Extraordinary Genius and he was never close to beating her even once.

Purgy said:
Are they only given a single game to try to win? I don't know who they are but from reading their profiles and the posts in this thread, I think they could honestly win if they're given a fair amount of attempts.
But even with many attempts, she too will constantly improve and adapt to them, at Gungi only ofc. As LordUrien pointed out, she and Meruem played hundreds of games and he never came close to beating her. Even though he was massively improving each game.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Purgy said:
But even with many attempts, she too will constantly improve and adapt to them, at Gungi only ofc.
I know but her growth rate is kinda vague, Meruem wasn't close to beating her so we don't know how much she actually improves by when using Nen. If they're only given one match then I don't think anybody could beat her (I'm probably wrong) excluding nigh-omniscients and omniscients of course.

We do know that Meruem's rate of improving is insane considering what he managed to achieve in less than 40 days. Even with such an insane development rate he couldn't catch up to her because she too was improving as they played, which to me means that she has a comparable rate of development, only in Gungi of course as that's her only talent.

Purgy said:
I know but her growth rate is kinda vague, Meruem wasn't close to beating her so we don't know how much she actually improves by when using Nen. If they're only given one match then I don't think anybody could beat her (I'm probably wrong) excluding nigh-omniscients and omniscients of course.
It's actually not too far-fetched to say this. Even for Supergeniuses like Doctor Doom, Brainiac or D, I would doubt they could defeat her just after reading how to play.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
We do know that Meruem's rate of improving is insane considering what he managed to achieve in less than 40 days. Even with such an insane development rate he couldn't catch up to her because she too was improving as they played, which to me means that she has a comparable rate of development, only in Gungi of course as that's her only talent.
There's no evidence of that though, it could just be that her initial skill level was so far greater than Meruems that he just couldn't catch up to her in the amount of matches they played. Again, Meruem was never near her level so you can't even say Komugi and Meruem share a similar rate of growth which means, unless I'm missing something, Komugi's growth rate is a complete unknown.

Having said that, I'm sure she grows in Gungi at a fast rate but I just think it's impossible to say precisely how quick she develops at Gungi. Her biggest advantage in these kind of threads is the fact that she starts the match already a complete master at Gungi whereas her opponents start with zero knowledge of even the games existence, hence why I think if given a fair amount of attempts they might be able to win.

Keep in mind though, I don't know who Sora and Shiro are and this is based solely on their profiles and the posts in this thread so as usual I'm probably wrong.

LordUrien935 said:
Purgy said:
It's actually not too far-fetched to say this. Even for Supergeniuses like Doctor Doom, Brainiac or D, I would doubt they could defeat her just after reading how to play.
I agree, though I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to characters like that honestly.

No, actually Meruem almost caught up to her before she unlocked her Hatsu I believe. Not to mention that he himself is a master at Gungi to a superhuman degree with skills bordering on Precognition. So it's not like Komugi was beating a novice here. Meruem is disgustingly skilled at Gungi actually, and that very skill is what pushed her to improve so much. So I think it's not that far of a stretch to assume a comparable rate of growth for both. That being said though, I cannot give you a concrete number tbh.

But let's assume that she was just THAT much better than Meruem, and didn't advance as much as he did. I honestly think that assumption makes it worse for the siblings and here's why. Meruem definitely has a higher development rate than the Siblings, again given what he managed to achieve in less than 40 days, yet over hundreds of games he wasn't able to bridge this gap.

Simply put, they don't have the stamina to do this, even if they theoretically could. Plus knowing their characters, they would get absolutely crushed if they lose to someone so easily. They're easily demoralized, as they believe that they can't lose to anyone in a fair game, even God. So losing that many times won't be doing wonders for them lol.

As I said, I don't know who they are. I was just basing what I said on their profiles so I can't really refute all of what you said. However, as far as I remember, there's no indication that Komugi learns as fast as Meruem does.

See I doubt that's the case because her Hatsu is literally based on rapidly evolving her Gungi skills or else she dies, and we know that severe restrictions and pledges MASSIVELY increase the potency of a Nen ability.

That being said though, as I've pointed out earlier it really doesn't matter whether she improves or not. I think she'll win regardless.

He purposefully limits what he knows so he can keep having fun and get suprised. Them beating him is impressive, but we have no idea how impressive.

WHYNAUT said:
He purposefully limits what he knows so he can keep having fun and get suprised. Them beating him is impressive, but we have no idea how impressive.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It never made sense to me that they beat Tet at his full potential, and then have to exert a little effort beating much lesser beings.

Back