• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well I mean we are an index site first. So if something isn't on the profile then we don't acknowledge on vs threads unfortunately.

well some of his abilities are bundled in another abilities like time manipulation which automatically implies one of the stones abilities.

I think acknowledgement is fine if the claim can b sourced in the thread, done jt before myself where I just posted an infodump and people were like "yeah this fine"

Wokistan said:
I think acknowledgement is fine if the claim can b sourced in the thread, done jt before myself where I just posted an infodump and people were like "yeah this fine"
That's just because you're staff smh

The secret to winning vs debates is to type such unreasonably long comments that people don't want to read them and just sorta ac what you're saying. Beats even the power of s green name

Aside from the one time where it's not even confirmed if he died in the first place and he immediately fainted upon "coming back", When has Sonic ever resurrected. Heck, when had Sonic ever not worried about dying?

Thanos being infinitely above baseline means he taps Sonic and wins. At best Sonic's incapacitated, at worst he dies.

Completely ignoring what I said I see.

Tell me, if Sonic is apparently this unkillable god who has instant resurrection and literal fate on his side 100% of the time, how come there's any stakes at all?

Tbf his fate thing is an in verse stand in for "i am the main character so contrivances happen for me"

The real cal howard said:
Completely ignoring what I said I see.

Tell me, if Sonic is apparently this unkillable god who has instant resurrection and literal fate on his side 100% of the time, how come there's any stakes at all?
The best way I can describe it is as writers not being truly consitent with power in their forms of work.Sonic's aura has been continuously mentioned when fighting Enerjak and so forth even mentioning the issue where it was originally used.

@Wok. I'm aware of what it is. And unless Sonic is Umineko written by Grant Morrison levels of metafictional, I fail to see it as more than a 4th wall break given the countless times Sonic nearly died in his run. And how does it explain him getting reset to Post-Genesis it Fate should've prevented it.

@Oblivion. Not saying the aura doesn't exist, bro.

That was more as a response to the stakes thing.

Real life legal issues > plot contrivances

Guess I'll throw an actual vote for thanos, probably gonna see about strengthening my position tomorroe

The first 3 Thanos votes shouldn't be counted. They relied on Time Manip and Reality Warping, which is a big no-no (as I explained above). And no, it's not even because I'm voting Sonic. Those reasons were genuinely somewhat lousy.

You need to prove the reverse, actually. Sealing's been demonstrated to work on far more powerful and abstract beings than sonic, sith their own abilities doing no good in averting it. No scans have come for a precog resistance, you just said he should because he has fate stuff withiut explaining how this has messed up precog before or some shit. Given how IG precog works, fate isn't seeming too important.

@Cal just giving an example that his Holy Manip and Aura is consistent and remains passively as well as his Fate hax.Also as much as I love Sonic his fate hax are ******* stupid as hell

ShakeResounding said:
It was Sonic who took out reality to begin with, so there's that
Speaking of which...

Sonic resists conceptual manipulation due to tanking the SGW. Why in the name of god do we take that when it erased beings more powerful than him (like True Enerjak) and the very thing that empowers him?? Heck, it's conceptual in general because of the Chaos Force. Is Sonic > the Chaos Force?

Will Thanos lead with sealing against Sonic tho? Again, Sonic doesn't seem like a sealing-worthy opponent for him (could be wrong tho).

Can't the votes automatically go to the more reasonable votes with explanations though. If not I'm still voting for Thanos for the others reasons the others have expressed.

Back