• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic vs Garou version 2.0 (10-0-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

both are 6-c (dark sonic vs pre awakening garou)
speed equal

sonic: 10

garou:

inconclusive: 1

Last edited:
its not a oneshot, besides garou has several stuff to keep him in and probably even close the ap gap slightly

How would that make it more fair for garou? He’d get blitzed before he passively gets faster

How would that make it more fair for garou? He’d get blitzed before he passively gets faster
Isn't Dark Sonic 1.4 c and Garou 4.33 c?
Garou's 6 C key is the one that performed the Light Speed feat so he starts with 4.33c.

Last edited:
Also, the near one-shot gap doesn't amount to much as Garou can also one-shot with Durability Negation.

Yeah I think despite Sonic’s AP advantage I think this is a skill/haxstomp in Garou’s favor…

• Garou is able to deflect the strength an opponent back on them two-fold, enabling Garou to effectively use Sonic’s AP advantage his benefit.
  • He can use Pressure Point Strikes to disable Sonic by striking joints and vital spots
  • Instinctive Reactions enable his body to evade attacks autonomously. This combined with his Analytical Prediction and rapidly increasing speed will make him untouchable with speed equalized
  • Aura Sky Ripping Fist ignores durability
  • Low-Mid Regeneration would heal any grievous injuries if Sonic somehow managed to land a blow despite Garou’s edge in skill, Instinctive Reactions and greater speed via evolution.
  • Last but certainly not least, Garou’s Reactive Power level will close the AP gap and even enable him to far surpass Sonic give time (the guy jumped from 6-C to 6-A in a couple chapters lol)
…What is Sonic supposed to do here?

Tho, as Dark Sonic is Berserk mode Sonic, he does have access to his other moves he tends to not do in character, like Time Stop and Teleportation.

Tho, as Dark Sonic is Berserk mode Sonic, he does have access to his other moves he tends to not do in character, like Time Stop and Teleportation.
But isn't that specifically with Chaos Emeralds? Is the emerald standard gear?

Dark Sonic is a transformation using a bunch of Fake Chaos Emeralds. Sonic has used Teleportation using a fake emerald in the SA2 adaptation, just as well as using a real emerald would give him.

Last edited:
Dark Sonic is a transformation using a bunch of Fake Chaos Emeralds. Sonic has used Teleportation using a fake emerald in the SA2 adaptation, just as well as using a real emerald would give him.
So, does he use Time Stop regularly to defeat his opponents? What is the nature of this ability?

So, does he use Time Stop regularly to defeat his opponents? What is the nature of this ability?

Sonic’s ability as a character, is if he knows it’s possible, he can replicate it. It’s how he can cross dimensions as Super Sonic, without ever training or practicing at it because he learned it was possible from episode 1 and the Season 2 finale.

It was stomp when nobody remembered Sonic had access to Time Stop. Garou can still win, since Dark Sonic didn’t even use Time Stop as his opening move and Garou still has his reactive evolution and skill to have a chance to win before Dark Sonic uses Time Stop.

Dark Sonic was literally used in 1 scene where he killed 2 robots who were vaguely too hard to beat normally. Him using chaos control with fake emeralds in the games doesn't matter. This is not game sonic. This sonic has no feats that he'd 'use powers he doesn't use IC'. I don't think sonic x fake emeralds even have feats of being used for timestop and the like. Its a completely arbitarily scaled form that is somewhere from 2x as strong as sonic and only shown ic attack was to speed blitz.

Even in Sonic X, in the image posted above, that is Shadow, not Sonic. Its not IC for Sonic to go for timestop, its not backed up by literally anything that he can timestop with fake emeralds from my memory.
The entire argument so far is
  • Sonic is stronger but we don't know how much
  • He will act OOC because I said so, based on nothing, directly contradicting his actions the one time he went dark sonic
  • Fake emeralds can do what normal ones can do because they did so in an entirely seperate verse
  • He will timestop, which he basically never does, because I said so
Oh and even in that scene his 'berserk' lasted the whole of 2 attacks before he immeidately calmed down because his own nemesis told him to. So its questionable to even call it a berserk mode. He basically just threw a tantrum.

Dark Sonic was literally used in 1 scene where he killed 2 robots who were vaguely too hard to beat normally. Him using chaos control with fake emeralds in the games doesn't matter. This is not game sonic. This sonic has no feats that he'd 'use powers he doesn't use IC'. I don't think sonic x fake emeralds even have feats of being used for timestop and the like. Its a completely arbitarily scaled form that is somewhere from 2x as strong as sonic and only shown ic attack was to speed blitz.

Even in Sonic X, in the image posted above, that is Shadow, not Sonic. Its not IC for Sonic to go for timestop, its not backed up by literally anything that he can timestop with fake emeralds from my memory.
The entire argument so far is
  • Sonic is stronger but we don't know how much
  • He will act OOC because I said so, based on nothing, directly contradicting his actions the one time he went dark sonic
  • Fake emeralds can do what normal ones can do because they did so in an entirely seperate verse
  • He will timestop, which he basically never does, because I said so
Oh and even in that scene his 'berserk' lasted the whole of 2 attacks before he immeidately calmed down because his own nemesis told him to. So its questionable to even call it a berserk mode. He basically just threw a tantrum.
So, I guess I'll wait for input. I'm going inconclusive for now. i don't know nearly enough about Sonic.

Sonic is stronger but we don't know how much
I’ll let @ElixirBlue speak for himself on the other points (it sounds like you’re majorly strawmanning him lmao) but this one is pure bullshit, we do by how much he exceeds Garou.
  • Garou = 5.4 Gigatons of TNT
  • Sonic = 30 Gigatons of TNT
So Sonic is 5.5x stronger. Not enough to pull a Saitama but a barrage of attacks would brutalize Garou.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I was talking about dark sonic form. Sonic, in that form, is stronger than base, but we don't have any concrete numbers on how much stronger, as he used it in literally 1 like 30 second long scene.

And YOU need to work on your attitude adjustment, prick. Don't come on a thread strawmanning an entire argument with sarcasm and then go insulting people on top of that.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.
No need to be a dick for no reason lol
I was talking about dark sonic form. Sonic, in that form, is stronger than base, but we don't have any concrete numbers on how much stronger, as he used it in literally 1 like 30 second long scene.
Anyway, you listed the claim “Sonic is stronger but we don't know how much” in your list of bullet points of @ElixirBlue’s arguments (or your interpretation of them, anyway), so if you weren’t referring to an argument Elixir made you should work on structuring your arguments better to avoid miscommunication.

No need to be a dick for no reason lol

Anyway, you listed the claim “Sonic is stronger but we don't know how much” in a list of bullet points of @ElixirBlue’s arguments (or your interpretation of them, anyway), so if you weren’t referring to an argument Elixir made you should work on structuring your arguments better to avoid miscommunication.
No.
If I was countering his point, I would have quoted him. Not sure why you think you can just dictate what my posts are for me. I wasn't replying to anyone in particular with that post, but the general weird concensous the thread had reached that Dark Sonic can do things he's never been hinted to be able to do and will do them despite his only showing being a speed blitz.

Anyways this is the only scene of dark sonic. 2:30 to 3:17 or so. He literally just kills 2 robots and immediately calms down. He doesn't timestop, or show an intent to do so, or capability to do so. He's not even berserk. He's just pissed off but to such a small degree eggman gets him to calm down with 2 words.

Dark Sonic was literally used in 1 scene where he killed 2 robots who were vaguely too hard to beat normally. Him using chaos control with fake emeralds in the games doesn't matter. This is not game sonic. This sonic has no feats that he'd 'use powers he doesn't use IC'.
Nah, dude, solely using Sonic X for arguments. Luckily, Sonic X adapted SA2 and X Sonic has displayed more willingness to use Hax is combat unlike Game, like the use of deconstruction against Perfect Chaos.

Dark Sonic is Base X Sonic plus in Berserker form. It’s an angrier version of Sonic who’s already comfortable using Haxes when he is calm, like Dimensional Travel or sending the Chaos Emeralds across the Universe.

I don't think sonic x fake emeralds even have feats of being used for timestop and the like.
They displayed Teleportation and X Shadow was surprised Sonic could use Chaos Control from a fake Emerald. Chaos Control is not 1 ability. It’s control over the energy present in the Emerald, which is Space-Time. Sonic’s doing Chaos Control with a Fake Emerald means it has properties of Space-Time, since they aren’t mutually exclusive.

Sonic doesn’t need to show it to know he is capable of it. He learned and replicated Chaos Control from Shadow by being aware it was an ability existed, without knowing if he was capable of, to teleport. Then he used Chaos Control for Dimensional travel with no issue, despite the only ones capable of Dimensional Travel to teach Sonic it was possible with the Chaos Emeralds were machines.

Sonic is capable of replicating Time Stop, since he knows Shadow can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back