• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
So, as shown with the new revisions on Sonic the Hedgehog's page, the Final Egg Blaster (The thing that did this) is powered by the Chaos Emeralds, which the Super Emeralds are vastly above.

However, Super Sonic also derives his power from the Chaos Emeralds, which would logically make him High 4-C, as well as any character currently 5-A, as Super Sonic and the Final Egg Blaster have the same power source, and as a result should both be comparable in terms of power output.

And just in case anyone asks, this isn't particularly contradictory. Dark Gaia's 5-A feat was caused just by it waking up and when it was incomplete (Read: Far below its full power), so it's not like 5-A is a determined max the characters are established at, nor is it a ridiculous outlier like the Time Eater and Solaris.

Thoughts on this would be appreciated.

@Crop

The Death Egg's profile is horrendously outdated, especially when it still uses the 4-A instead of the High 4-C from the given calc.

Also, this,

"Sonic embarks on a new mission through West Side Island in an effort to free his friends and ensure Robotnik does not obtain the 7 Chaos emeralds to fuel the Death Egg."

Except the Final Egg Blaster is built onto the Death Egg. If it's an extension of the machine powered by the Chaos Emeralds, I don't see why it wouldn't also be powered by the Chaos Emeralds.

If this gets accepted all the villains that fought on par with the super forms will be scaled as well, Gaia will have two tabbers for his forms. Hyper forms will be at least High 4-C+, possibly higher.

I feel that we could go with stats like this.

Super form AP and Durability: Large Star level (Powered by the chaos emeralds, which could destroy several stars)

Hyper form AP and Durability: At least Large Star level+ (Vastly superior to his Super forms to an unknown extent, as he is powered by the Super Emeralds), likely higher.

And Sonic has quite a lot of experience with the emeralds as well, so we can assume that he can tap into most of, if not all of the power of the emeralds, especially considering how easily he controls the Super Form.

The issue seems to be whether or not Emerl had the emeralds when the blaster was used or if he simply copied their power.

Not 100% sure on my opinion yet, but I thought I'd clarify something about the final part of Sonic Battle.

The Final Egg Blaster is not powered by the Chaos Emeralds. It was used by Eggman in order to override what Sonic and friends had been teaching Emerl so that he would be ready to capture energy for Eggman. Emerl hadn't really been drawing on much of the Chaos Emeralds' power at that point, but they then activate, giving him a huge boost. However, such a sudden boost means he can't contain all of the power and starts malfunctioning, and tries to use the Final Egg Blaster to destroy Earth. However, despite being powered by the Emeralds, he can't control or contain it, which is why base Sonic can still break through his defenses and hurt him.

In short, not sure yet.

But it was a electronic devices shouldn't it be capable of pulling more energy out then's one naturally can? I know it works that way in the comics at the very least not sure if it applies here.

Cropfist said:
Why you're uncertain? This post debunked the premise this entire upgrade was based on.
Debunked it how? The Emeralds > Final Egg Blaster. Eggman wanted to use the Final Egg Blaster in the first place so that Emerl would start using the power of the Emeralds, absorb energy, and become stronger.

The reason I'm uncertain is because it's a far cry from most other feats in the series, even with the Emeralds.

This thread is trying to upgrade Super Forms not because the emeralds > FEB but because the blaster was powered by the emeralds, an assumption already proven false. The last part is why I still disagree with the upgrade though. The Emeralds being large star would be very inconsistent with everything else they've displayed.

Hmm. I would appreciate more input regarding this.

It seems to have been established that the cannon was not powered by the Chaos Emeralds. In that case, the only thing supporting the upgrade now is the idea that the Emeralds are more powerful than the Blaster.

Unless there's something in the text that explicitly states the Emeralds are more powerful, all we can do there is attempt to interpret the text and narrative and start making assumptions.

Granted, I myself believe that at least the Super Emeralds are probably stronger, as they're basically the Chaos Emeralds supercharged by the Master Emerald, which is probably the most powerful artifact in the 'verse aside from maybe the Jeweled Scepter. However, that's just making assumptions again, and on top of that, the Super Emeralds are dubously canon at best.

Cropfist said:
The Emeralds being large star would be very inconsistent with everything else they've displayed.
The Chaos Emeralds are the series go-to plot devices. They're going to be inconsistent just from their role in the story, hence why discussions in-universe about their power use vague terminology and imagery.

I am not certain considering I don't remember the emeralds being used to power the thing up so it may not apply. I am rusty on sonic battle so yeah all i remember is that the FEB destroyed some stars but note that emeralds power source was A chaos emerald

Unclechairman said:
Cropfist said:
The Emeralds being large star would be very inconsistent with everything else they've displayed.
The Chaos Emeralds are the series go-to plot devices. They're going to be inconsistent just from their role in the story, hence why discussions in-universe about their power use vague terminology and imagery.
Does that really justify this being a one-time occurence that's supported by nothing else in the series?

@Crop

You say that as if it's heavily contradictory for them to be High 4-C when it isn't. The best non-outlier feat otherwise is Dark Gaia's awakening, which was done when it was not only incomplete but from literally waking up.

Large Planet is an enormous category. The conditions of Dark Gaia's feat barely supports dwarf star, it isn't anywhere near High 4-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back