• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Speed Downgrade

Lemme just get to the point. Archie Sonic should NOT be Immeasurable in any shape or form. The whole reasoning behind it was that Sonic and the rest of The Super Forms scale to Archie Solaris. Here's the issue with that. Archie Solaris doesn't exist, why scale the cast to a scrapped event that never happened and making assumptions of how the battle would play out.

This is essentially indifferent from scaling Lucas to Giygas because he was meant to appear in Mother 3 despite being scrapped

Cropfist said:
Except it blatantly did happen and Solaris does exist, it's just off-panel.
https://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Solaris_(Archie)

• "Solaris was first hinted to have existed within the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book universe when Ian Flynconfirmed that the events of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) had occurred in the comics on his Ask Ian discussion board. It was first later in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia that Solaris was officially revealed to have existed, along with details about its history."
  • "The Archie Comics was originally going to have Solaris be in the main story of the Sonic the Hedgehogcomic series. However, the character was scrapped, and only an artwork picture is left of the idea."
There is only confirmation it supposedly happen in universe from Flynn himself. However in the same itself, The Hedgehogs never defeated Solaris by travelling to different periods with Speed alone. Each Hedgehog was in a different time period already and they just attacked him through there. So they shouldn't be Immeasurable regardless

Maverick Zero X said:
This was totes settled in another thread. Archie Solaris does exist (as stated by WoG and the official encyclopedia). He just appeared off-panel.
My downgrade involves the notion that there's no evidence Archie Solaris or The Hedgehogs physically traveled to different periods. In the game itself they never done so but instead were already in different periods. I only brought that up as a sidepoint

Eggman states defeating it then & there would do nothing,afterwords the Super trio are shown traveling through time via movement after transforming.That would qualify as immeasurable speed,consistant with the feats Mammoth Mogul has shown by destroying infinite universes in finite time.

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
Eggman states defeating it then & there would do nothing,afterwords the Super trio are shown traveling through time via movement after transforming.That would qualify as immeasurbale speed,consistant with the feats Mammoth Mogul has shown by destroying infinite universes in finite time.
But where are people getting this notion that they did it through sheer speed alone. Especially when the battle happened off panel. As i said above. In the actual game itself, the hedgehogs were already in different time periods and didn't traverse to them on their own

It does imply they fly to different time periods,they could've used Chaos Control though,I think if Solaris is omnipresent in time, the Super Trio's places are relative,Sonic is in the Future to Shadow but in the past to Silver,they must have some form of immeasurable speed to tag Solaris in every second that he exists in,I don't know, it's a really weird predicament.

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
It does imply they fly to different time periods,they could've used Chaos Control though,I think if Solaris is omnipresent in time, the Super Trio's places are relative,Sonic is in the Future to Shadow but in the past to Silver,they must have some form of immeasurable speed to tag Solaris in every second that he exists in,I don't know, it's a really weird predicament.
Where is it implied tho. It's more than likely they used Chaos Control to travel to these periods. As in the game itself the hedgehogs NEVER travel to a different period with their speed but always used the emeralds to travel to the past. The same thing could have happened here considering as Super Hedgehogs they can do everything the emeralds can

I surprisingly dunno much about this "time travel with speed alone" thing (you should ask Executor N0 about that) but Sonic also has immeasurable speed via scaling to Master Mogul who could exist in places devoid of space-time after destroying universes and tagged the Ancient Walkers with an energy blast whom are considered higher dimensional beings that exist outside of space-time.

Solaris was amped by the emeralds too,which most likely gave him his speed,other than the traveling thing the super Trio dodged attacks from Someone who was temporally omnipresent,that sounds like immeasurable as it's beyond linear time.

Maverick Zero X said:
I surprisingly dunno much about this "time travel with speed alone" thing (you should ask Executor N0 about that) but Sonic also has immeasurable speed via scaling to Master Mogul who could exist in places devoid of space-time after destroying universes and tagged the Ancient Walkers with an energy blast whom are considered higher dimensional beings that exist outside of space-time.
That sounds more Infinite Speed that anything

As existing outside of Space-Time is generally accepted as Infinite Speed as opposed to Immeasurable

I still believe The Chaos Force is 5D,it's above Mobius Prime,which is the true reality & all others are merely divergent but have the same constants.

Solaris must exist within every attosecond of time, the trio's places in time are relative to each other thus they must posses immeasurable speed to tag him everywhen at once.

No they don't. Solaris is only omnipresence across the past, present and future. If they used Chaos Control and fought Solaris then Immeausrable Speeds wouldn't be required as they are still within linear time while attacking. If they actually did traverse to different periods with Speed then yes that's Immeausrable but i haven't seen anything to suggest this

Back