• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The G.U.N Commander finally has a first name
Yup
and Egg Pawns can somewhat keep up with Team Dark's speed
Yeah that was a bit interesting to see. I think Sonic is one of the rare all-ages video game franchises that narratively make the fodder stronger (Colors DS statement, IDW Egg Pawn and Shellcracker feats, etc.)
Also, does Rouge have a new voice actress? I love her voice here, which is something I haven't said since Heroes
Sounds new from what I heard, but maybe not

Karen Strassman (Rouge’s VA from previous games) is credited, so yeah I think it’s just better direction. Glad they didn’t stick with whatever they were cooking in Dream Team.

Also they pretty much finally confirmed this is Gens Shadow and not current Shadow, so glad that’s cleared up.

Btw I just watched this video and thought it had some interesting theories about the game and how it would tie into Sonic’s portion. I didn’t realise episode 2 of Dark Beginnings had come out already so I imagine this’ll just be lost in the more interesting discussions, but does anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Several things confirmed here.

First off: the fight choreography and cinematography are freaking AMAZING! It really emphasizes the speed these characters are capable of going at while also showing that they can fight and hit as well as they can move

Secondly: so not only do we see the G.U.N Commander from Shadow the Hedgehog when he was a kid, but the Shadow in SxS Generations is from Generations? I guess that makes sense given the setting of the game. But damn, I wonder if this is going to retroactively buff up the Time Eater if it's capable of affecting events which happen in the future as well as the past.

First off: the fight choreography and cinematography are freaking AMAZING! It really emphasizes the speed these characters are capable of going at while also showing that they can fight and hit as well as they can move

Secondly: so not only do we see the G.U.N Commander from Shadow the Hedgehog when he was a kid, but the Shadow in SxS Generations is from Generations? I guess that makes sense given the setting of the game. But damn, I wonder if this is going to retroactively buff up the Time Eater if it's capable of affecting events which happen in the future as well as the past.
It's great that they're really leaning into displaying the raw firepower & swiftness these characters have. I hope we get a full series of this.

It's great that they're really leaning into displaying the raw firepower & swiftness these characters have. I hope we get a full series of this.
I partially believe so many characters in this franchise are underestimated because we've had no consistent animated medium that display the beauty in their combat such as now.

Here's to every future game getting animated tie-ins such as this!

Karen Strassman (Rouge’s VA from previous games) is credited, so yeah I think it’s just better direction. Glad they didn’t stick with whatever they were cooking in Dream Team.

Also they pretty much finally confirmed this is Gens Shadow and not current Shadow, so glad that’s cleared up.

Btw I just watched this video and thought it had some interesting theories about the game and how it would tie into Sonic’s portion. I didn’t realise episode 2 of Dark Beginnings had come out already so I imagine this’ll just be lost in the more interesting discussions, but does anyone else have any thoughts on it?

I don't like the crazy speculations he makes because of Black Doom's slightly different voicelines, but I like the direction he would take the story into for the most part.

Can we officially change the name of G.U.N Commander to Abraham Tower on his profile? Or should we just name him "Abe (The G.U.N Commander)" since we TECHNICALLY don't have 100% confirmation of his full name?
I think his profile name should probably just stay GUN Commander to keep consistency with other Sonic characters who primarily use nicknames/titles like Tails and Eggman, but Abraham Tower should be in his list of names on the profile. While it’s true we technically don’t have 100% confirmation, I feel the intention is so obvious that it shouldn’t matter in this case.

Also there’s this:

I partially believe so many characters in this franchise are underestimated because we've had no consistent animated medium that display the beauty in their combat such as now.

Here's to every future game getting animated tie-ins such as this!
Sonic not being able to harm random bar patrons on the first movie is probably the worst anti-feat in the entire IP & unfortunately I knew some people who took that & ran with it. I'm glad the opposite is happening currently.

Sonic not being able to harm random bar patrons on the first movie is probably the worst anti-feat in the entire IP & unfortunately I knew some people who took that & ran with it. I'm glad the opposite is happening currently.
The second movie has an even worse anti-feat that also takes place in a bar. It also has Knuckles get hit by a car and struggle to catch up to it.

I think his profile name should probably just stay GUN Commander to keep consistency with other Sonic characters who primarily use nicknames/titles like Tails and Eggman, but Abraham Tower should be in his list of names on the profile. While it’s true we technically don’t have 100% confirmation, I feel the intention is so obvious that it shouldn’t matter in this case.

Also there’s this:

i can't see anything

I think it's the same actress, just better voice direction.
Speaking of better voice direction: that's how I'm feeling right now with Kirk Thornton's Shadow. Like I never inherently hated his take on Shadow, but there was something kind of ear grating with his voice that always made me prefer Jason Griffith and David Humphrey over Kirk.

However, Shadow Beginnings and the voice clips for SxS Generations for that matter have recently made me see Kirk Thornton in a different manner and I've grown to really like his Shadow voice due to better voice direction I feel. And I don't know if I'm just speaking head canon here, but I wonder if was bad voice direction which really plagued the 2010's Sonic era of games.

Ultraguy hasn’t since he still downplays Archie Sonic (and Sonic in general) with his updated blogs whenever there is a death battle regarding him let alone any other Sonic character.
Pretty sure the blog didn't even put Archie at Multi+ or so. Ultra has changed his views given I've seen the change first hand. Hell, I thought this blog had been deleted, and he's even admitted this blog is outdated in the past.

Pretty sure the blog didn't even put Archie at Multi+ or so. Ultra has changed his views given I've seen the change first hand. Hell, I thought this blog had been deleted, and he's even admitted this blog is outdated in the past.
Even so, he still downplays Archie and heavily favors other verses. He’s still not a trusted individual when it comes to research let alone trying to be neutral.

Even so, he still downplays Archie and heavily favors other verses. He’s still not a trusted individual when it comes to research let alone trying to be neutral.
Wasn't he responsible for Trunks vs Silver? Archie cosmology got directly compared to DC in this one, and the blog following the episode had some really deep cuts in favor of Silver.

Wasn't he responsible for Trunks vs Silver? Archie cosmology got directly compared to DC in this one, and the blog following the episode had some really deep cuts in favor of Silver.
If that was the case, Wally West Vs Archie Sonic would have turned out differently. But you know how it goes with Death Battle and DC. Gotta downplay the other verse to prop up DC more.

If that was the case, Wally West Vs Archie Sonic would have turned out differently. But you know how it goes with Death Battle and DC. Gotta downplay the other verse to prop up DC more.
Pretty sure they've confirmed to finding DC cosmology larger than Archie's at large. Flash does legitimately win due to higher scaling, speed, hax, and speedforce shit, too.

Sonic Question Time: If you could make a game similar to Shadow Generations but with a different character instead of Shadow, what sort of set of abilities would you add to said character like Shadow's Doom Powers from his Black Arms DNA?

My personal answer would be a Silver based game that greatly expands on Silver's psychokinesis abilities and goes beyond telekinesis and flying and all that. Like imagine Silver doing things like creating physical constructs from his psychic energy, mind controlling enemies to attack each other, creating projections to trick enemies, or even just enhancing Silver's existing usage to make his telekinesis visually insane to the eyes.

Back