• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this mind control? It sure seems to be, but most minigames have Sonic and his friends beating each other up. It's not like Eggman needs to brainwash them in this context lol

Btw the clip of Eggman farting is exclusive to Tournament Edition. The original has him use some kind of party popper, so nothing notable.

Sonic Question Time: There have been a variance in the groups that fill a protagonist role in the franchise, sooo... If you had to create a team for the next game, who would it include?

Examples include:
  • The Teams (Sonic Heroes)
  • Core Four (Sonic Frontiers)
  • Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Tails, and Cream (Sonic Dream Team).
You don't need the typical Speed-Power-Flight formula from Heroes, I'm just doing it for fun. Anything goes.

Sonic (Speed), Shadow (Power), Silver (Flight) is an oldie but goodie.
I'm going with Team Series Free

With Mecha Sonic, Omega and Gemerl.

It starts with Omega pursuing a strange badnik that's been spying on Cream's family for a few days and naturally Gemerl joins the pursuit leading to a competition between the two to see who can take out the badnik first, however this chase leads them to an uncharted island that's not on either of their databanks and to Omega's surprise he sees another E-series (Sigma) that's telling off the strange badnik for leaving the island.

Gemerl then sees what looks to be "Metal Sonic" nearby (seeking revenge for they last encounter) Gemerl jumps in and a brawl begins, yet this version of "Metal Sonic" seems a little rusty and too talkative which leads to both parties accusing the other of being Eggman's pawn. Sigma thankfully manages to calm the situation down before it escalates too far and asks Omega to come out of hiding, Omega is impressed that a inferior model could detect him and eventually Sigma introduces Mecha Sonic and the rest of the Scrapniks all of which have defected from Eggman Empire.

Sigma then asks Mecha Sonic to show Omega and Gemerl around the island and thus the adventure begins...

*Omega has given himself his own self-imposed directive of eliminating all Eggman's robots yet for some reason he has no motivation since the Scrapniks aren't Eggmans robots anymore but there's something else, they're "worthless consumer models" yet he feels no malice towards them just a strange sense of pity.

*Gemerl wants to know why a Scrapnik has been spying on his family yet after looking at the Scrapniks and the island he realises he already knows the answer, both him and Omega have been taking their own freedom for granted while other robots are more limited despite their desire to see world and it's people's too.

*Mecha Sonic is highly suspicious of the two newcomers but then he remembers Tails mentioning other former creations of Eggman have broken free too. He is a little envious of Omega and Gemerl for being up to date models and having the freedom to travel the world but more importantly he's happy to see fellow robots that have made friends/family in this world.

This little journey may have some interesting implications for the free series trio: Omega potentially feeling a little remorse for the all robots he has destroyed in the past (that may have had the capacity to rebel against Eggman too), Gemerl realizing many of his fellow robots aren't as fortunate as he is plus the potential to merge as well as feel emotions of the Scrapniks and finally Mecha Sonic thinking about the future of his kind, they obviously can't stay on the island forever plus Omega and Gemerl are proof robots can leave freely in this world alongside Humans and Anthros yet is the world truly ready to accept the Scrapniks?

Finally I just want to see the potential banter between the three of them from Mecha Sonic and Gemerl talking about how they both gave Sonic a hard time in the past, to Omega constantly roasting the Scrapniks for being outdated and in need of upgrades and of course similar to Whisper getting a little PTSD with Shadow (via Shadow Androids), Gemerl being constantly sus of Mecha Sonic (via Metal Sonic) would be entertaining to see in my opinion.

Thoughts on a potentially Mega Man X inspired Sonic story and game with three robots?

Is this mind control? It sure seems to be, but most minigames have Sonic and his friends beating each other up. It's not like Eggman needs to brainwash them in this context lol

It seems more like Eggman is draining everyone's rings, and they need to get the other person to stop it.

I genuinely think we could speak for NiGHTS and Sonic to share the same canon, and scale them to each other, if this website hasn't already.

I think I remember that Ian Flynn has mentioned wanting to crossover Sonic and NiGHTS using Maginaryworld as a connecting lore point, between them. I like that idea.

I don't find that unfortunate. I find it hilarious. There's a time where I would have hated it, but I've reached the age where fart jokes are funny again and I embrace the cartoonish absurdity that always existed in Sonic games. Besides, my headcanon is that Eggman isn't actually farting here, but using a device under his clothes to replicate the effect of a deadly low multiversal fart because he thinks it's funny (which it is).
I genuinely think we could speak for NiGHTS and Sonic to share the same canon, and scale them to each other, if this website hasn't already.
We already do this, but I do think there's more that should be done with that. For examples, Nights doesn't have rings on his profile despite being shown collecting them. I'm pretty sure there may be cosmological implications we haven't explored, too.

Stupid SEGA manda-
Wait Eggman’s physicals scaling to Sonic in Riders is a thing?

If only there was a bit more evidence to dodge the outlier moniker

He can deal legitimate damage in every Riders game, with his 3 attacks in Riders 1 and the one attack in ZG and Free Riders each. In issue 51(?) of IDW, he was able to throw Surge off of the Egg Walker thing, and in 50, he was able to slam Dr. Starline with enough force to stun him. Dr. Starline also withstood a Spin Attack from Sonic in issue 14, and is definitely less impacted by that than he is by Eggman slamming him. So, that might be some stuff.

Stupid SEGA manda-
Wait Eggman’s physicals scaling to Sonic in Riders is a thing?
I wonder if this is because Archie tried it. Exploring Silver’s Future, that is. Since all Archie-Adjacent ideas were killed off entirely outside of the Metal Virus (as that was intended to be Archie Eggman’s latest scheme before the run ended), I could easily see how such a venture would seem risky and they may believe it opens them up to legal attack. Especially after Chronicles happened, where any similarity of the Nocturnus and Penders’ work was entirely superficial and he still tried a lawsuit anyway.

Maybe, but, SEGA did "yes" a Silver future arc in post-reboot, I think? But still, as you mentioned it could be a "time and money were in archie so we'd rather remove the bones from our body than let writers do things" type thing, and SEGA seems to not let people do things a **** ton.

Maybe, but, SEGA did "yes" a Silver future arc in post-reboot, I think? But still, as you mentioned it could be a "time and money were in archie so we'd rather remove the bones from our body than let writers do things" type thing, and SEGA seems to not let people do things a **** ton.
We DID just get confirmation that Egmont aren't allowed to reprint Sonic the Comic because Sega doesn't consider it "on brand", so you might be on to something...

We DID just get confirmation that Egmont aren't allowed to reprint Sonic the Comic because Sega doesn't consider it "on brand", so you might be on to something...
That sucks, as some would say, ass. Dang dude. Leave it to the gambling company to produce an inconsistent mindset. StC isn't 'on-brand', but, Paramount's movies set in a different continuity with a Sonic of different lore and story are? I could fistfight a building and still make more sense than SEGA, god.

Tbh I feel like some of the profiles (cough Modern Sonic cough) have way too many images at the top. Like I can get having an image to represent different mediums like IDW or Prime, but do we really need a 3D and 2D image for every game original form/outfit of the character at the top of the page? I feel like those would fit better in the Gallery section.

Tbh I feel like some of the profiles (cough Modern Sonic cough) have way too many images at the top. Like I can get having an image to represent different mediums like IDW or Prime, but do we really need a 3D and 2D image for every game original form/outfit of the character at the top of the page? I feel like those would fit better in the Gallery section.
I don't think it's too much of a bad of a thing to be honest

I do still think some pages are a little stuffed so maybe people like Eggman and Metal Sonic could get the Sonic treatment of being separated into era pages

Back