• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If “becoming Modern” had a numerical multiplier, you’d be able to visually see it and it’d be virtually canonical calc stacking. Though I guess that’s just the nature of time loop based plots like this.
This shit sounds genuinely hilarious and wacky.

Infinitely above baseline Low 2-C via recurring loop when?

It IS. I never hear people talk about it, but Generations is literally a canon scaling loop of stupidly high proportions if you followed it to the natural conclusion. And this is ignoring that, NOW, due to SHADOW GENERATIONS, Gens. Sonic is ALSO gonna upscale to Forces and Frontiers Sonic (either via beating Gens Era Shadow who goes through those stages, or clearing them himself if they’re added to HIS level choices), and yet still grow into his future title selves. (Not to mention the new implication of ANY FUTURE TITLE being involved.)

He is fighting modern Badniks from the Unleashed and Colors era, plus Sonic randomly growing in power to fit the plot is a common theme in the games.
I don't think badnik scaling matters much when Shadow will fight Forces and possibly Frontiers badniks in this game.

What about the implications that there are dozens even not thousands of natives on Sonic's world that are all above baseline L2-C? From Badniks to Ancient robots and various resistance members armed with Wispons (who fought phantom clones of Infinite, Shadow, Metal, etc in Forces). What is this?
(Not to mention the new implication of ANY FUTURE TITLE being involved.)
So about not reusing the "doomed future" plotline...

So about not reusing the "doomed future" plotline...
squidward-future.gif

Thank you Sonic Generations for destroying Sonic powerscaling once again.
Tbf the final bosses of the last three mainline titles were:

*Literal Death and Entropy that brought the end to many civilizations.
*An apocalyptic dragon that spams black holes.
*Eggman but if he was a NiGHTs villain.

And that's not including whatever the "multiversal" mess Prime is. It's one thing to scale, it's another thing entirely when you're given high-end feats like candy from the source material...
The way the universes balances itself out is by having an issue of IDW being about Sonic characters unable to destroy a wooden door :LOL:
I mean gotta have stakes right and wooden stakes are quite effective, last time I checked. Those bombs Dr.Starline used on Sonic and Silver (which left the latter drained for days) must have been concentrated Big Bangs right???

. I never hear people talk about it, but Generations is literally a canon scaling loop of stupidly high proportions if you followed it to the natural conclusion. And this is ignoring that, NOW, due to SHADOW GENERATIONS. Sonic is ALSO gonna upscale to Forces and Frontiers Sonic (either via beating Gens Era Shadow who goes through those stages, or clearing them himself if they’re added to HIS level choices), and yet still grow into his future title selves.
Honestly I don't think it's outlandish to consider the possibility that the starfall gaurdians and especially their weaker soldiers are less powerful than we give them credit for. After all those smaller soldiers got demolished by the dozen against Knuckles who had no koco amps and the guardians got massacred by Sonic both in gameplay and promotional material. So all things considered I don't think it's impossible for the gaurdians to just be generations era sonic level.

I saw some many tweets and comments about this. Why is it so hard to think that a time travel story might have stuff from the future? Even in Iizuka's statements, the mention have been that the Time Eater erased all of time and space, it was not just the specific details of Eggman's defeat, those are just side-effects that the timeline basically had been erased.

Honestly, they should add a stage for the next Sonic game just as a tease so fans could understand this.

It is interesting to see the discussion of how this affects scaling, across the timeline.

As the kids say (and they do not, as horses don't exist anymore), I don't have a horse in this race. So, it does mean I get to listen in stress-free, I guess, and it is nice.

I saw some many tweets and comments about this. Why is it so hard to think that a time travel story might have stuff from the future?
For me in particular, it's mostly just odd seeing Shadow in an area he seems out of place in. Granted it just brings further cohesion, but I guess people are moreso baffled about the location rather than something from the future.

And also likely because we aren't used to Sonic Team seizing good opportunities. Until the past few years, they only seemed to seize the bad ones...

I’m curious as to who will be in Shadow’s White Space, since MOST of the characters are already in Sonic’s. Off the top of my head there’s Omega here, then Vanilla, potentially Gerald and Maria, Gemerl, the Babylon Rogues could pad out 3, Nega (if they ever decide to actually talk about him), and this is also a good time to introduce comic characters into canon. The issue being most of these don’t really have interesting interactions with Shadow…

I’m curious as to who will be in Shadow’s White Space, since MOST of the characters are already in Sonic’s. Off the top of my head there’s Omega here, then Vanilla, potentially Gerald and Maria, Gemerl, the Babylon Rogues could pad out 3, Nega (if they ever decide to actually talk about him), and this is also a good time to introduce comic characters into canon. The issue being most of these don’t really have interesting interactions with Shadow…

Maybe Big? I know they barely know each other but he wasn’t in base Generations

Emerl would be perfect considering the prelude animation where we get to see them box, if not Gemerl to keep progressive continuity as the game goes along to nod at the continuity. Beyond them, er... no clue lol

Are people still with the dumb idea that we are traveling in Sonics memories when we are traveling in time and space?do people even understand the difference

There simply weren't future games after Generations at the time. Doesn't mean it's exclusive to their memories, if anything this makes a remake a perfect avenue to show this being through all of time and space

Why would people thought this was a travel in Sonic memories?
Maybe because there were only stages of past games? That's my guess, even though the reason for that is literally just that Generations was the most recent game at the time

Sonic and Shadow Generations happen concurrently and they cross over, so it’s not separate plots happening at once—They’re connected.
Maybe because there were only stages of past games? That's my guess, even though the reason for that is literally just that Generations was the most recent game at the time
I think it’s just them confusing the meta reason for the in verse reason. The META reason was celebrating Sonic’s history by visiting the greatest hits of his past titles, and bringing back the older game format as a callback to also celebrate it from the stance of Classic visiting and cherishing his future.

Out of universe, they’re absolutely correct—The story is entirely about Sonic’s life and his stages. It doesn’t really work as a celebration of Sonic’s history (and thus memories) if he meets and fights people he never met. Conversely, in universe, the REASON for this all occurring is the Time Eater. It’s Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobbly, and as such it has nothing to do with “Memory.” Sonic can (and does) go to stages he’s never been in (ala 3DS Version of Generations with the Biolizard Boss Battle). It’s happening across past, present, and future, and there’s no real narrative reason he couldn’t.

They’re trying to mash together these things, these reasons and justifications, into one larger and overarching confusion, when in reality the answer is as simple as “Shadow doesn’t have a whole lot of non-Shadow 05 Boost Levels/3D Levels to explore, and we want to pull from the whole franchise, to keep celebrating its history, so Shadow is gonna go to places he’s never been and meet the future.”

I just assume the white space is an area that the past, present & future mesh into a one, giant, white void as it is a place that doesn't have time or even space, it doesn't even matter if sonic went into those levels because it is a place that just has everything relevant or important in it.

Back