• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sort of. The evidence for planet size in sonics case is decent but in general I think planet size calcs create inflated ratings. I also think that they are far more arbitrary than regular calculations because you can get dozens of different planet calcs depending on the variables that result in ap ratings varying by millions of times.

Question, did anyone here get the Fortune Cards deck with the guidebook, or will this be another thing we'll have to hope it gets shared somehow? :unsure:

Boop
The hilariously sad part about that is that even this key of Sonic at his weakest that's only relevant for his very first two appearances, is still stronger than base Mario according to the Wiki.

Death Battle has always respected Archie (reminder they popularized the take of Archie being OP while the games are mid/fodder) and Shadow vs Ryuko is just a pity win. Those matchups are enough to trust an indie youtube show that already said they mostly follow popular powerscaling takes.
Death Battle has NEVER respected Archie let alone the Sonic series in general (especially when it comes to powerscaling) despite what Ben Singer claims to. Especially after Wally West Vs Archie Sonic, they need to be gatekept away from touching anything that involves Archie Sonic in every way imaginable. Don't get me started on how they really screwed up the Game Series as well (cough cough Mario Vs Sonic 2018). Never in my life have I've seen so much bias and faulty PR-esc claims/arguments on why Wally West can just phase through anything Archie Sonic can based on out of context scans and terrible cosmology/dimensional tiering. They don't know a single thing about dimensional tiering and just claim that The DC Cosmology is infinitely greater in every way possible without even elaborating how or why. Even if you agree with that claim, Wally West's peak power is being present within a realm beyond the 5th dimesnion (making him 6th dimensional) at best. Wally West with that tiering is no where near the levels of Archie Sonic when comparing it with Archie Sonic's tiering let alone feats and haxes. Genuinely one of the worst pieces of content I've ever watched in my life. I don't care how good their animation is. Their research has and ALWAYS will be biased and rushed to meet that two episodes a month deadline. They need to go for good.

So... Did you all see this posted in the 1-A hub?

To those who have a stance, how do you feel about this? Me personally, I'm beginning to HATE dimensional tiering kek.

To preface, all the arguments and reasoning are from @Brogeefrong himself. All I did was help him with grammar and structure.
I forgot to ask. When will discussion regarding this thread (and other threads like it) take place to see if approval will come forth?

This is so petty and disrespectful, not cool man.
I apologize. I got pretty heated. I'm just sick and tired of them doing this regarding their research for over a decade and most people eating it up and always pointing to them as an official source when in reality, it's either more subjective, or they're just incorrect.

Death Battle has NEVER respected Archie let alone the Sonic series in general (especially when it comes to powerscaling) despite what Ben Singer claims to. Especially after Wally West Vs Archie Sonic, they need to be gatekept away from touching anything that involves Archie Sonic in every way imaginable. Don't get me started on how they really screwed up the Game Series as well (cough cough Mario Vs Sonic 2018). Never in my life have I've seen so much bias and faulty PR-esc claims/arguments on why Wally West can just phase through anything Archie Sonic can based on out of context scans and terrible cosmology/dimensional tiering. They don't know a single thing about dimensional tiering and just claim that The DC Cosmology is infinitely greater in every way possible without even elaborating how or why. Even if you agree with that claim, Wally West's peak power is being present within a realm beyond the 5th dimesnion (making him 6th dimensional) at best. Wally West with that tiering is no where near the levels of Archie Sonic when comparing it with Archie Sonic's tiering let alone feats and haxes. Genuinely one of the worst pieces of content I've ever watched in my life. I don't care how good their animation is. Their research has and ALWAYS will be biased and rushed to meet that two episodes a month deadline. They need to go for good.
For Wally vs Sonic, i was kind of mad at first because of the huge losing streak of the Sonic verse, but this was basically the only loss of thiers (aside from maybe Mewtwo vs Shadow, which is still an awful episode) that I ended up agreeing with. Wally doesn't peak at 6D. He peaks at outerversal and irrelevant speed. They called Archie Sonic "basically unbeatable against almost anyone else" and gave him is fate hax even though it was very contentious at the time and still is today. So overall, I didn't hate the episode. I'm more bothered by its wasted potential and how out of character Sonic was at the end. Mario vs Sonic 2018 was dogshit though. I'll give you that.

For Wally vs Sonic, i was kind of mad at first because of the huge losing streak of the Sonic verse, but this was basically the only loss of thiers (aside from maybe Mewtwo vs Shadow) that I ended up agreeing with. Wally doesn't peak at 6D. He peaks at outerversal and irrelevant speed. They called Archie Sonic "basically unbeatable against almost anyone else" and gave him is fate hax even though it was very contentious at the time and still is today. So overall, I didn't hate the episode. I'm more bothered by its wasted potential and how out of character Sonic was at the end. Mario vs Sonic 2018 was dogshit though. I'll give you that.
Wally West Outerversial? Where did that come from? Either way, if these Outerversial Changes with Archie Sonic get approved, Wally still loses to Archie.

Wally West Outerversial? Where did that come from? Either way, if these Outerversial Changes with Archie Sonic get approved, Wally still loses to Archie.
Nope, cause irrelevant speed go brrrrrrr. Wally ******* outran the speed force itself. That's just completely stupid but it's DC for ya

Nope, cause irrelevant speed go brrrrrrr. Wally ******* outran the speed force itself. That's just completely stupid but it's DC for ya
That's pretty fast but captain cold is faster. Really though it's so funny how flash can have some of the most bs feats in fiction but job in hilarious ways if that's what the plot demands.

In that 1-A thread for Archie Sonic, that Next Evolution Plane of existence where Time is irrelevant? Wouldn't that grant irrelevant speed? What about the Chaos Force being outside of time and space? Wouldn't that also grant irrelevant speed but on a higher plane of existence? Again, I'm basing these arguments off of that 1-A thread since you claim that Wally West is Outerversial (which again, I still don't see how). Again, these changes are still waiting to be discussed regardless of whether they will get approved or not so I hope discussion for those happens soon.

In that 1-A thread for Archie Sonic, that Next Evolution Plane of existence where Time is irrelevant? Wouldn't that grant irrelevant speed? What about the Chaos Force being outside of time and space? Wouldn't that also grant irrelevant speed but on a higher plane of existence? Again, I'm basing these arguments off of that 1-A thread since you claim that Wally West is Outerversial (which again, I still don't see how). Again, these changes are still waiting to be discussed regardless of whether they will get approved or not so I hope discussion for those happens soon.
The guy behind the revision told me the answer to that question. It's a no.

The 6D scaling you attributed to Wally is actually outerversal since the speed force transcends the bleed, which transcends dimensionality itself, supported by the fact that even individual timelines in DC are shown to contain infinite spatial dimensions. He also caused a shockwave that reached the damn source wall, which would scale him way higher than what I gave him credit for. I won't argue DC scaling any further in this Sonic discussion thread though

The guy behind the revision told me the answer to that question. It's a no.
What happened to the discussion regarding the revision? What made him change his mind? Is there going to be anything like it or another cosmology revision in the future (anyone can answer that question)?

I forgot to ask. When will discussion regarding this thread (and other threads like it) take place to see if approval will come forth?
There's a 1-A/High 1-A/Tier 0 queue thread.

Last I checked, Archie's 1-A attempt is at #16 in the queue. So there's around 14 1-A threads that need to be finished before we're up to bat (as only 3 can be opened at a time iirc).

Also I'll just say I'm extremely biased for Low 1-A being accepted rather than 1-A if any of it is valid. If there's a least-shit tier in dimensional scaling it would be that imo

Doesn't help that BDE directly calls out conceptual domains as an inverse to realms of nothingness, this shit is making me a liiiittle uncomfortable for no particular reason at all that I'm sure won't be relevant down the line

There's a 1-A/High 1-A/Tier 0 queue thread.

Last I checked, Archie's 1-A attempt is at #16 in the queue. So there's around 14 1-A threads that need to be finished before we're up to bat (as only 3 can be opened at a time iirc).
Thank you very much for letting me know. Now, is that said thread the one that @Brogeefrong made or is it something else entirely? Or, is it that Off Panel Thread @ElixirBlue said he was doing?

Thank you very much for letting me know. Now, is that said thread the one that @Brogeefrong made or is it something else entirely? Or, is it that Off Panel Thread @ElixirBlue said he was doing?

This is kind of a tangent but what is your most wanted death battle match involving sonic characters.

Mine is boom Eggman vs Gruh or Megamind.
Gru and Megamind are 100% obligated to fight each other.

Silver vs Ness quickly comes to mind. It's very thematic and very debatable for most Death Battle viewers since they're both contreversial in terms of stats and hax.

Second place goes to Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut, but if I could find good matchups for Blaze and Rouge, the second place would probably belong to whichever matchup that would be instead. There was a Death battle cast for Rouge vs Sly Cooper in which Sly hilariously won most of the votes from the community, but even Ben knew that was bullshit. Rouge stomps so hard even if you gave Sly's entire verse 10 years of prep time and prior knowledge, Rouge would still solo it

Last edited:
Pretty sure Doof stomps and has better matches still, but I respect your opinion
After looking at their pages it seems kinda close. Although out of curiosity what matchups we're you referring to for doof having better matches. I must find the ideal match for boom Eggman.

Edit: Briefly thought of dr evil for a matchup but dismissed it. Still with how many matchups I'd be okay with I'm starting to think I'm just easy to please.

Last edited:
This is kind of a tangent but what is your most wanted death battle match involving sonic characters.

Mine is boom Eggman vs Gru or Megamind.
*A rival free-for-all with Shadow, Knuckles, Blaze, Metal Sonic, Silver, Surge, Scourge and Jet (who let's be honest is the Volnutt of Sonic's rivals).

*Perfect Chaos Vs Primal Kyogre.

*Emerl Vs Perfect Cell or JLU A.M.A.Z.O.

Also yeah I very much would like to see Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut also (similar to Shadow) Knuckles needs an episode to do his character justice (regardless if he wins or loses) after Boom Knuckles and unfunny overused memes bled into Knuckles Vs DK plus the dated research.

*A rival free-for-all with Shadow, Knuckles, Blaze, Metal Sonic, Silver, Surge, Scourge and Jet (who let's be honest is the Volnutt of Sonic's rivals).
You should leave Scourge out of it. He's just gonna solo, especially with Death Battle'a research.
*Perfect Chaos Vs Primal Kyogre.
This one is surprisingly pretty likely. It had a Death Battle cast and multiple comissions. I prefer Zygarde as an opponent for Chaos simply because it's a closer match, but Kyogre has more connections I guess.
*Emerl Vs Perfect Cell or JLU A.M.A.Z.O.
Emerl is very unlikely to be used, but I'm not really one to talk since I want Cream and Cheese vs Adeline and Ribbon.

Mine is boom Eggman vs Gru or Megamind.
Not sure I have a "most wanted" in regards to Sonic characters specifically, but for some reason I kinda vibe with Boom Sonic vs. Pacster (aka Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man).

Back