• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Eggy’s gonna get scrambled (I do love the Sol Sonic idea tho)
Unfortunate. I personally think Eggman should win. Both because I like him more, but also because I think him and Bowser are about even, with Eggman being faster, smarter, and more resourceful ways of knocking out the competition (as well as easily creating mirror matches that can overwhelm Bowser.)
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1820819597387313512
I don't know if this is true, but, this could be cool. I'm really wondering if this will be something that start and ends, like a mini-arc in IDW, for example. A set number of chapters, and stuff. Or, if this will be something ongoing, like IDW, Fleetway, and Archie before it.
The thought of taking Shadow and having his own franchise for him, I think, has been an idea in the mind(s) of SEGA and/or Sonic Team for decades, almost. If this is something ongoing, this comic, then it, Shadow Gens, and the 3rd Paramount Sonic movie could be the start of it, in some way.
Shadow getting stuff is peak, but I need a Metal Sonic game and manga soon I swear-

Metal Sonic could be super fun in a game. I imagine a 3D platformer in which you're sort of Too Fast for the levels and overshoot stuff, but, the game is designed with that sheer, extreme speed in mind.

And, an open world RPG in which you can copy different weapons, armor, equipment and powers, or pick them up to have an external, tangible version could be neat. I feel Metal Sonic is one of the few mainline characters that can go from helping a full town like an Elder Scrolls protagonist to killing a full town like an Elder Scrolls protagonist, without it being entirely out of character. Maybe this is Metal's "who am i" arc, if they wanted to go that route with a game like this.

Unfortunate. I personally think Eggman should win. Both because I like him more, but also because I think him and Bowser are about even, with Eggman being faster, smarter, and more resourceful ways of knocking out the competition (as well as easily creating mirror matches that can overwhelm Bowser.)
I feel like Eggman should win too, it’s just the guy researching the episode has already made his opinions known. I guess they’ll bank on them being even stats but Bowser has more powers natural to him, so he can more easily deplete Eggman’s resources than vice versa by doing brick transmutation.
Shadow getting stuff is peak, but I need a Metal Sonic game and manga soon I swear-
Facts; dude’s been taking nothing but Ls outside Neo.

I feel like Eggman should win too, it’s just the guy researching the episode has already made his opinions known. I guess they’ll bank on them being even stats but Bowser has more powers natural to him, so he can more easily deplete Eggman’s resources than vice versa by doing brick transmutation.

Facts; dude’s been taking nothing but Ls outside Neo.
You know what makes Metal losing so crazy to me in my mind? He’s the ORIGINAL Sonic rival. Moreover, there’s a lot of interesting stuff that CAN be done with him (particularly in how he is similar to Shadow, and thus they could relate over that, as Archie played with, OR in what his existence means—How does he PROVE himself to be SONIC?) that doesn’t get touched.

Also, something that always bugged me is Tails being impressed that Infinite was faster than Sonic, as if it was the first time. My GUY, the ORIGINAL Sonic Rival, Metal Sonic, is LITERALLY 4x FASTER THAN SONIC at top speed. (Base Form to Base Form, via the V. Maximum Overdrive Attack).

Man, this sucks because Bowser never actually does that in a single game PLUS he has infinite resources with the Ruby and infinite time travel with the Time Eater.
He's done it in 5 games, unless you mean on screen in which case still did it in 2 (Not counting stuff like SMRPG where he can use items to transmute people as well)

Granted still doesn't make it the most in character move for him to pull out in a pinch, but just wanted to point that out.

I think Bowser winning is def reasonable if they use stuff like his infinite revives, abuse Kamek’s Hax like power null and item shuffling, use Boos and their potential layered intangibility and possession; etc.

Yeah, that’s a very WTF moment. Did they ever explain how he did that?
Unironically all the explanation is: “SUDDENLY, BOWSER SMASHED THROUGH SPACE TIME AND-“ and that was it. He just did it on a whim, I guess, via being that cool. Which I honestly have 0 issue with, because it’s just as silly as Eggman escaping White Space with no resources whatsoever based on vibes.

Unironically all the explanation is: “SUDDENLY, BOWSER SMASHED THROUGH SPACE TIME AND-“ and that was it. He just did it on a whim, I guess, via being that cool. Which I honestly have 0 issue with, because it’s just as silly as Eggman escaping White Space with no resources whatsoever based on vibes.
Bowser “suddenly warping through space and time” is at least a funny “HUH???” moment. Plus I think it makes the slightest bit more sense since Bowser could technically gather the resources to do that, whereas afaik Eggman physically can’t.

I think Bowser winning is def reasonable if they use stuff like his infinite revives, abuse Kamek’s Hax like power null and item shuffling, use Boos and their potential layered intangibility and possession; etc.
Infinite revives get negged by all the methods Eggman has of pulverising Bowser completely. Even if his revives can bring him back from such a thing, they're unlikely to bring back crucial equipment that was lost in the process.

It also reminds me of Sonic, like, falling out of Cyber Space, I guess.

Back