• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
H didn't do anything there, Silver came around on his own and he was like "cool"

Sonic is ok with people changing their ways despite all the trouble they caused him, but he won't put the effort to change them, that's done by other characters or they come to that conclusion themselves.
Yeah, and outside of Metal Sonic IDW Sonic doesn't really try to change anyone, he just makes it clear to them that they can if they want......and even then only if they keep insisting for him to say it

One of the best IDW issues is a Metal Sonic one without dialogue.
Are you referring to the Reflections one shot? Because I agree with you, it's not only one of the best issues in the IDW Sonic run but also one of my favorite pieces of media involving Metal Sonic.

I've said this a very long time ago, but what makes that comic so special to me is it's likely the closest we've ever gotten to getting a deeper look into Metal's psychology and how it ironically feels despite being nothing more than a machine. Especially when the comic gives off the vibe that Metal deals with existential dread due to both his inability to fulfill his purpose of ending Sonic, and the realization that he isn't the real Sonic after all.

Are you referring to the Reflections one shot? Because I agree with you, it's not only one of the best issues in the IDW Sonic run but also one of my favorite pieces of media involving Metal Sonic.
Heavy, heavy agree. It's kind of fitting, and ironic, that the most notable Sonic duplicates have received storylines (an unfortunately small snippet in Metal's case) that delve the farthest into the psyche of a machine and questioning personhood. It's why I'm always singing Scrapnik Island's high praises.
Especially when the comic gives off the vibe that Metal deals with existential dread due to both his inability to fulfill his purpose of ending Sonic, and the realization that he isn't the real Sonic after all.
T'was raw. Honestly, I'd like to see Metal Sonic get his own 4-issue miniseries that carries the weight Reflections did.

I've said this a very long time ago, but what makes that comic so special to me is it's likely the closest we've ever gotten to getting a deeper look into Metal's psychology and how it ironically feels despite being nothing more than a machine. Especially when the comic gives off the vibe that Metal deals with existential dread due to both his inability to fulfill his purpose of ending Sonic, and the realization that he isn't the real Sonic after all.
Yes. You said it well.

This has been in my mind for a bit.

Sonic Question Time: We all know IDW isn't exactly known for its riveting and engaging arcs (even if several do fit the bill). I'm sure we've all been exasperated at least once with the book, so I ask; What direction would you like to see the IDW Comics go in? (This can be in terms of the story, the overall tone, characters you'd lile to see become important, etc.)

Personally, I'd like the IDW Comics have an all-out-war sort of arc that bands together all the built up heroes and villains across the previous issues. The Scrapniks, Clean Sweep Inc. (ugh), Surge & Kit, etc. Something that ties everything together in a neat little bow before blasting the door open for more creative arcs down the line.
What I want, partially, is something I don't think we'll ever get. SEGA wants Sonic to be as all-ages and marketable as possible, but, I want the writers and artists to have more freedom with tone, direction, and content within. Those can't exist with what it feels like SEGA wants, so. I also want Sonic to stop being treated as if reality literally is orbiting around him, but, that is a franchise-wide issue, for me. Sonic always must be important, can never be wrong, and must always come out on top no matter what.
That's boring as hell, though, for me, to be truthful. I don't want Sonic to say "I don't know Tails cops are pretty cool", because that would suck, but, like ./ Part of why I like Sonic, for what I feel him to be, is that I feel he sincerely cares for individuality. He cares for life, and existing. He loves that things are real, really. But I like that he can be a jerk, and can feel so sure and confident in his beliefs that he can maybe sort of tunnel vision himself. I like to think he was a bit more constantly rude when he was younger, but, he's tried to mellow out a bit. Partially for Tails's sake, but, yeah. I want these characters to be able to change, both positively and negatively, to have permanent scars upon their memories, for things to happen that are bad ( and aren't wished away with the real superpower of teamwork ). I legit want Eggman to take advantage of, like, a housing crisis to make Eggmanland. I want him to use the faults of the money-focused world to his advantage whilst Sonic aspires for and lives for the positives of existing. Those two things inherently already clash in our world, and I feel it works perfectly for these two characters. ( Plus, it's not even morally-gray. Sonic's just right, and Eggman's just wrong, so you wouldn't even need to change their representitive dynamic. )

But, no, i guess ( its fine)

But, yes. I do really like IDW, but if SEGA just, like, gaslit themselves into forgetting about it, and the writers and artists could just go for what they desire, I do think it would be a far more enjoyable story, personally. We know, if I'm correct, that no characters who are not made for the comic can be developed. So, I understand one having issues with IDW focusing on the new characters at times over existing ones. They can do jack and also shit with the existing characters. So, sincerely in an extreme scenario where we could have the book be only old characters or only new characters, 10 out of 10 times, I would go for the latter. They are allowed to actually do things with the new characters. I mean, gays like me have gone crazy over Dr. Starline, Tangle, and Whisper, so from my eyes they're absolutely doing well, in that regard.

What I want, partially, is something I don't think we'll ever get. SEGA wants Sonic to be as all-ages and marketable as possible, but, I want the writers and artists to have more freedom with tone, direction, and content within. Those can't exist with what it feels like SEGA wants, so. I also want Sonic to stop being treated as if reality literally is orbiting around him, but, that is a franchise-wide issue, for me. Sonic always must be important, can never be wrong, and must always come out on top no matter what.
That's boring as hell, though, for me, to be truthful.
In fairness, the last tidbit is partially cuz of his protagonist syndrome but I agree on the two other points. The Annuals and Anniversary Specials have been better at giving others the limelight, Tails' 30th in particular since Sonic's arrogance actively f*cked him up. Never being wrong is more of an IDW-centric issue, though, despite their attempts to cast doubt on it narratively.
Part of why I like Sonic, for what I feel him to be, is that I feel he sincerely cares for individuality. He cares for life, and existing. He loves that things are real, really. But I like that he can be a jerk, and can feel so sure and confident in his beliefs that he can maybe sort of tunnel vision himself.
His simple appreciation for life is certainly an admirable quality.

That's boring as hell, though, for me, to be truthful. I don't want Sonic to say "I don't know Tails cops are pretty cool", because that would suck, but, like ./ Part of why I like Sonic, for what I feel him to be, is that I feel he sincerely cares for individuality. He cares for life, and existing. He loves that things are real, really. But I like that he can be a jerk, and can feel so sure and confident in his beliefs that he can maybe sort of tunnel vision himself. I like to think he was a bit more constantly rude when he was younger, but, he's tried to mellow out a bit. Partially for Tails's sake, but, yeah. I want these characters to be able to change, both positively and negatively, to have permanent scars upon their memories, for things to happen that are bad ( and aren't wished away with the real superpower of teamwork ). I legit want Eggman to take advantage of, like, a housing crisis to make Eggmanland. I want him to use the faults of the money-focused world to his advantage whilst Sonic aspires for and lives for the positives of existing. Those two things inherently already clash in our world, and I feel it works perfectly for these two characters. ( Plus, it's not even morally-gray. Sonic's just right, and Eggman's just wrong, so you wouldn't even need to change their representitive dynamic. )

But, no, i guess ( its fine)
I think you would like the Archie Comics.

official-burning-blaze-render-from-sonic-forces-speed-v0-n94mbpwcsq5d1.png

Burning Blaze finally got an official render after about 19 years later (From Sonic Forces: Speed Battle / Sonic Dash), shouldn't we be replacing it with the current render?

In fairness, the last tidbit is partially cuz of his protagonist syndrome but I agree on the two other points. The Annuals and Anniversary Specials have been better at giving others the limelight, Tails' 30th in particular since Sonic's arrogance actively f*cked him up. Never being wrong is more of an IDW-centric issue, though, despite their attempts to cast doubt on it narratively.
i mean, he never was wrong in any of the games

official-burning-blaze-render-from-sonic-forces-speed-v0-n94mbpwcsq5d1.png

Burning Blaze finally got an official render after about 19 years later (From Sonic Forces: Speed Battle / Sonic Dash), shouldn't we be replacing it with the current render?
I just noticed how wierd it is that Blaze's hair is only on fire starting from her ponytail.the hair on the side of her head should be that way too, but I guess they didn't know how to make that look good?

I do extremely enjoy Worlds Collide, and Worlds Unite is really cool, too. But, I don't enjoy the rest of Archie Sonic, really. Archie Megaman is lovely, though, I feel.
Rereading through Archie is often a slog ngl, I've had a Rotor profile in the works but man... It just drags on a LOT sometimes.

Ian being flat out incorrect (again). He said Chaos Control doesn't "warp" anything,"you just move while time is stopped". I didn't know the Ark & Black Comet just willingly scooted out of the way suddenly because the clock was frozen. He also said Chaos Emeralds can't dimension hop(Chaotic Inferno Zone & Cyber Space say hi).

His "WoG" really is one of if not THE most useless.

Last edited:
Damn,how couId someone draw such an incorrect conclusion when there's half a dozen examples of warping in SA2 alone? Most of which are crucial moments to the plot.

Last edited:
Ian being flat out incorrect (again). He said Chaos Control doesn't "warp" anything,"you just move while time is stopped". I didn't know the Ark & Black Comet just willingly scooted out of the way suddenly because the clock was frozen. He also said Chaos Emeralds can't dimension hop(Chaotic Inferno Zone & Cyber Space say hi).

His "WoG" really is one of if not THE most useless.
How much of this is Ian saying "this is how this canonically works", compared to "for what I know, this is how I think it works"? Additionally, how much of this is "SEGA created and has legal license over the character and worlds of Sonic The Hedgehog", though?

Back