• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
that happens, i won't engage in a back forth of "it did, no it didn't, it did....." any longer
Please show it, I read the translated story and the only thing I could find is Sonic saying “he didn’t understand what happened”, which has multiple interpretations besides “he got blitzed”
How can he blitz someone he is not trying to catch? he isn't after nor paying attention to Sonic at all, he IGNORES Sonic if he doesn't do anything to climb him even

This isn't a situation where Giganto can't blitz Sonic, but one where he doesn't even try to catch him in the first place
If Giganto was immeasurably faster he would be able to instantly detect Sonic running along him and swat him off, other Titans are shown attacking Base Sonic during the climbing sequence.
Universal Energy System, unless you have anything that would imply that the boost given by the same energy works differently for some arbitrary reason, this is nothing you coming up with stuff to fit your narrative
The boost to speed isn’t even quantifiable by any numbers, so you can’t prove it’s the same every time.
Sonic was literally clashing against him in the same page, wdym "he was caught off guard"?
In the panel where Metal slams Sonic and Knuckles to the ground, he catches them off guard while they’re having a conversation about Sonic distracting Metal and “if Metal can catch him”
saying and not showing doesn't help you, i checked, there isn't any place where they legitimate reacted to him, not one where he wasn't very clearly joking around with them and not trying at all

idk why you keep ignoring the "HE WASN'T SERIOUS AND WAS PURELY JOKING ARROUND" point........

regardless, in that same page he blitzes both Sonic and Knuckles at the same time effortlessly, mocking them about how easy it was.............all you have 1 out of context panel, that's all you have
Two panels, one of them is Sonic moving his body out of the way in the panel with dozens of golden spin dash trails signaling Metal’s movement, one of said trails being about to hit Sonic had he not moved, and the other is the aforementioned panel where in the background they are having spindash clashes. Considering all the immeasurable feats are done by super forms with casual movement, the fact Sonic can react to a casual Metal to some degree is notable.
you ignored the IDW showing that it doesn't happen that to Zavok point weird how you need to straight up ignore parts of the argument to counter argument regardless........do you have any evidence of this? specially when what matters, his reaction speed, has no reason to go down?
Yeah reading the chapter again he is shown capable of reacting, but generally speaking big targets have a far more difficult time tagging smaller entities, it’s why flies are so difficult to swat. Regardless I’ll admit I was wrong.
in gameplay? yes, in lore? no idea, not provable by fighters alone, going from the canonical depiction of an Emerald amping someone tho? yeah it isn't reactable
Sonic reacted to Metal passing him and was about to call out to him as Metal started disintegrating.

“Metal…?!”

“Metal Sonic is slowly losing his bearings and disintegrating, even as he moves ahead.

Just when Sonic sensed something and was about to call out to him…“

Last edited:
I just wish sonic has a little more consistency with it's powerscaling system, I do believe Ian does want to be lower significantly because it would be easier to manage, not mainly out of his own opinion as to what level sonic would be. (since multiple games contradict his views on it, even some of the more modern ones.)
I kind of get why Ian wants to have a nerfed sonic after all it makes writing stakes easier but a more OP sonic I'd argue fits with mainline canon for one reason. A hero is only as strong as the villain they defeat and eggman is cracked to the point where he could unironically fit in as a superman antagonist. In bullet points he's.

• Built a mega death ray that can shread solar systems.
  • Attached planets to chains and towed them across the universe to make a theme park.
  • Fabricated an unstoppable super virus that successfully wiped out everyone in silvers future.
  • Invents reality warping devices like fake phantom ruby's, the egg field and his tower in idw. In the ladder case he did it because he considered the constraints of reality boring despite reality not stopping him from pulling off the absurd stuff seen previously.
  • Possess a ridiculously large robot army with death egg robots that might as well be skyscrapers on legs.
  • And of course he has controlled or awakened various world ending eldrich horrors. It's such a common occurrence that I'm starting to think he buys them on Craigslist.

And despite doing all of that his archnemisis and ultimate rival who's beaten him over 227,000 times isn't overpowered barely an inconvenience actually. Sonic straight up had a whole anime battle with surge but thought she died from fall damage. As if launching your body through solid steel at mach speed every day is less impressive than falling normally... Really makes me wonder why eggman hasn't bothered dropping sonic from space or using a basic bomb to take him out. Starline actually tried the ladder approach and it hospitalized silver so it should work on sonic. Or how about carpet bombing if one can't do the trick after all eggman said he could kill sonic by doing that any time. Guess he forgot that he tried that in sonic 3 and it didn't go well lol.

Overall sonic being a powerhouse makes his dynamic with eggman believable in my opinion. After all why go through the trouble of establishing a batman joker narrative when just saying sonic is a freak of nature is a simpler explanation for eggmans defeats.

I kind of get why Ian wants to have a nerfed sonic after all it makes writing stakes easier but a more OP sonic I'd argue fits with mainline canon for one reason. A hero is only as strong as the villain they defeat and eggman is cracked to the point where he could unironically fit in as a superman antagonist. In bullet points he's.

• Built a mega death ray that can shread solar systems.
  • Attached planets to chains and towed them across the universe to make a theme park.
  • Fabricated an unstoppable super virus that successfully wiped out everyone in silvers future.
  • Invents reality warping devices like fake phantom ruby's, the egg field and his tower in idw. In the ladder case he did it because he considered the constraints of reality boring despite reality not stopping him from pulling off the absurd stuff seen previously.
  • Possess a ridiculously large robot army with death egg robots that might as well be skyscrapers on legs.
  • And of course he has controlled or awakened various world ending eldrich horrors. It's such a common occurrence that I'm starting to think he buys them on Craigslist.

And despite doing all of that his archnemisis and ultimate rival who's beaten him over 227,000 times isn't overpowered barely an inconvenience actually. Sonic straight up had a whole anime battle with surge but thought she died from fall damage. As if launching your body through solid steel at mach speed every day is less impressive than falling normally... Really makes me wonder why eggman hasn't bothered dropping sonic from space or using a basic bomb to take him out. Starline actually tried the ladder approach and it hospitalized silver so it should work on sonic. Or how about carpet bombing if one can't do the trick after all eggman said he could kill sonic by doing that any time. Guess he forgot that he tried that in sonic 3 and it didn't go well lol.

Overall sonic being a powerhouse makes his dynamic with eggman believable in my opinion. After all why go through the trouble of establishing a batman joker narrative when just saying sonic is a freak of nature is a simpler explanation for eggmans defeats.
Exactly! They made both Eggman and Sonic way too cracked way too consistantly and blatantly to go back now. Ian says that writing OP characters is hard, but to that I say "skill issue". He even says that despite making the characters even more OP in some aspects.

Shadow having ****** up self-biology manipulation is something I've been obsessing over since it was revealed, so I really hope they go all in on it, really. I need him to hold his arms together and form a greatsword from his limbs. I need him to be able to harden his flesh as a messed up shield.
This could be super cool.

A hero is only as strong as the villain they defeat and eggman is cracked to the point where he could unironically fit in as a superman antagonist...
Instantly made me think of this
image.jpg

You guys will kill me for this, or ignore me completely, but I have a few CTRs saved for months, and I at least want to start/get rid of one

just because I want to say something, I think that sonic 4 takes place in the classic era and not in the modern era (or adventure era)just like, at the end of that era.
by the way, what does anyone think about this?

just because I want to say something, I think that sonic 4 takes place in the classic era and not in the modern era (or adventure era)just like, at the end of that era.
by the way, what does anyone think about this?
Well yes, that's the logical conclusion (modern design, but it follows the events of the classic part of the franchise, and several pages hinted that it came right after CD, which in turn placed CD after any of its numbered counterparts with the exception of 4)
Now, how the timeline works after the failure (and incomplete state) of Sonic 4, the creation of Mania, Superstar and confirmation that almost all the alternate versions of the games take place within the canon before or after the classic main line ... who knows

In fact, in both Sonic 4 and Mania, Metal Sonic was on Little Planet, which is a bit contradictory.

Last edited:
Howdy would any of you guys be down for a game of sonic would you rather. If yes here are the 2 options I came up with.

Would you rather try to steal the master emerald while knuckles is awake and ready or live inside erazor djins lamp for a full month 🙂.

Howdy would any of you guys be down for a game of sonic would you rather. If yes here are the 2 options I came up with.

Would you rather try to steal the master emerald while knuckles is awake and ready or live inside erazor djins lamp for a full month 🙂.
Knuckles, easy. He wouldn't even hurt me for trying to steal it since I'm clearly not a threat. Hell, I couldn't even carry the damn thing around by myself

Alright it's nice to see my pick is the popular one. Although I have a great plan to nab the emeralds which goes like this.

Step one: Set up a ladder next to the master emerald and climb on.

Step two: Strike a JoJo pose and try to go super.

Step three: Nothing happens and I look like a total doofus.

Step four: Knuckles dies on the spot via second hand embarrassment.

Step five: Profit 😈.

Chaos doesn't seem to have the multipliers agreed upon here for some reason? In Sonic Adventure, Chaos gets stronger with every Chaos Emerald he absorbs. If the power increase granted by one emerald is equivalant to the High 4-C calc + a 2 times multiplier to base strenght, then why does Chaos only get an extra High 4-C increase for every new emerald?

Chaos doesn't seem to have the multipliers agreed upon here for some reason? In Sonic Adventure, Chaos gets stronger with every Chaos Emerald he absorbs. If the power increase granted by one emerald is equivalant to the High 4-C calc + a 2 times multiplier to base strenght, then why does Chaos only get an extra High 4-C increase for every new emerald?
Simple, he does get the 2x multiplier with each, pretty sure that is mentioned in the blog as well

Simple, he does get the 2x multiplier with each, pretty sure that is mentioned in the blog as well
Huh. Don't think that was there the last time I checked. Still, doesn't that result in a power scaling paradox? The base cast is simultaniously comparable to base Chaos, Chaos 2, and Chaos 4 despite the HUGE gap in power between each. Do we attribute that to accelerated devellopment for Team Sonic?

Huh. Don't think that was there the last time I checked. Still, doesn't that result in a power scaling paradox? The base cast is simultaniously comparable to base Chaos, Chaos 2, and Chaos 4 despite the HUGE gap in power between each. Do we attribute that to accelerated devellopment for Team Sonic?
They aren't comparable to Chaos 0 or 2, they scale to Chaos 4, outside of the fact that quick power growth not being of the tabble for this series, there is nothing really putting anything bellow 4 as comparable to them

Back