• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I would definitely luv to see Shadow getting the same redemption Knuckles had in the last movie
I've said this before in the past and I will keep saying it till everyone gets annoyed by it:

Shadow was, has been, and can continue to be one of the best written characters both in the franchise he's from and in video games as a whole. I'm not always good with expressing my thoughts and feelings, but I will do my best anyways to describe how I feel about Shadow. Shadow has always amazed me because of both his tragic past and what he represents in the world, because Shadow was part of a project by the world's governments in order to simultaneously create a powerful weapon for the military but also to achieve biological immortality. Yet his creator did not wish to see him become a mere weapon or tool to be used whenever, and so Gerald gave Shadow a heart and soul modeled after his granddaughter, Maria, to not only give Shadow the ability to be something more then a weapon but to also act as a savior and protector of the world rather then a destroyer. Tragedy strikes however when Shadow is forced to see the person he cared for the most in life be killed in front of his own eyes and is later brainwashed by Gerald in order to carry out the destruction of the world in retaliation for Maria's death, until Amy helps remind him of his promise to Maria that he will protect the world and the people that she loved. And by the time Shadow The Hedgehog ends, he was able to move forward from the sorrows of his past and be his own individual self while keeping true to his promise of protecting the world even if it hates him.

So with all said, it absolutely angers me to see such character development and backstory be reduced to be ****** and have Shadow act more like Sonic's Vegeta type rival. A shell of his former self who is unable to have friends or care for others, who is prideful and confident to the point that it causes him to make unreasonably stupid choices ("Cowards run, I win" anyone?"), and is essentially the punchline of mediocre memes and low effort shit posts that completely misinterpret the point of the character and see him as being nothing more then "edgy". That's why I sincerely hope that Shadow is giving the redemption treatment in Sonic 3, because I sincerely want my boi to go back to his 06 levels of characterization and for people and SEGA to stop assassinating his character.

Last edited:
Talking about Shadow, you guys need to upgrade his profile
Don't take me as this snapping at you because it genuinely isn't, but this comment helped spur some emotions I've been keeping:

People on this wiki- yes, including this fandom especially- act so damn entitled. This is a hobby, a pastime, something to burn excess passion on. I can leave at the drop of a hat without warning, and how many people would actually then go and revise the profiles to the extent that I do? Because from my perspective, I see all of this talk about who or what should be revised and yet all of you conveniently shut the hell up when it's time to get to work and do the hard part, actually REVISING the pages. Yet it's easy to point and something from an old ass page and ask it to be fixed.

If you guys had HALF of the passion you had for seeing the profiles revised, the verse would already be one of the cleanest on the site. One day there isn't gonna be somebody to watch do this song and dance on their own

Don't take me as this snapping at you because it genuinely isn't, but this comment helped spur some emotions I've been keeping:

People on this wiki- yes, including this fandom especially- act so damn entitled. This is a hobby, a pastime, something to burn excess passion on. I can leave at the drop of a hat without warning, and how many people would actually then go and revise the profiles to the extent that I do? Because from my perspective, I see all of this talk about who or what should be revised and yet all of you conveniently shut the hell up when it's time to get to work and do the hard part, actually REVISING the pages. Yet it's easy to point and something from an old ass page and ask it to be fixed.

If you guys had HALF of the passion you had for seeing the profiles revised, the verse would already be one of the cleanest on the site. One day there isn't gonna be somebody to watch do this song and dance on their own
If it means anything to you, Shake, I think you deserve nothing less then praise for the near universal effort you've put in alongside to upgrade, tidy up, and organize the entirety of the franchise...games, movies, shows, and comics alike. Like seriously man your profiles are some of the best on the whole wiki, and you've done a lot for Sonic on here more then what was expected in terms of everything I've listed.

So I hope you could appreciate that there's a lot of us on here that feel that way about you and everyone else involved.

people cannot make revisions on their own because:
A.they don't have the experience
B.they don't have the ''name''or the ''recognition''like others

So I hope you could appreciate that there's a lot of us on here that feel that way about you and everyone else involved.
That does mean a lot. I'm sure that's true, and I constantly repeat that you all make it worth the effort and that's definitely the truth. It's moreso the entitlement that really bothers me (again, this isn't subs at Accelerated), because it's that small drop of feeling unappreciated for my work that taints the pool of gratitude I see from a lot of wonderful people.
people cannot make revisions on their own because:
A.they don't have the experience
B.they don't have the ''name''or the ''recognition''like others
A. This one, sure, I can understand. But how are you to gain experience if you just sit there with your thumb up your ass?
B. This one is bullshit. I am nobody, came from nowhere, and made a lot of changes here because I pursued it with effort. You don't need a well-known name or recognition, you just need to work your ass off. That's literally all I did.

I've said this before in the past and I will keep saying it till everyone gets annoyed by it:

Shadow was, has been, and can continue to be one of the best written characters both in the franchise he's from and in video games as a whole. I'm not always good with expressing my thoughts and feelings, but I will do my best anyways to describe how I feel about Shadow. Shadow has always amazed me because of both his tragic past and what he represents in the world, because Shadow was part of a project by the world's governments in order to simultaneously create a powerful weapon for the military but also to achieve biological immortality. Yet his creator did not wish to see him become a mere weapon or tool to be used whenever, and so Gerald gave Shadow a heart and soul modeled after his granddaughter, Maria, to not only give Shadow the ability to be something more then a weapon but to also act as a savior and protector of the world rather then a destroyer. Tragedy strikes however when Shadow is forced to see the person he cared for the most in life be killed in front of his own eyes and is later brainwashed by Gerald in order to carry out the destruction of the world in retaliation for Maria's death, until Amy helps remind him of his promise to Maria that he will protect the world and the people that she loved. And by the time Shadow The Hedgehog ends, he was able to move forward from the sorrows of his past and be his own individual self while keeping true to his promise of protecting the world even if it hates him.

So with all said, it absolutely angers me to see such character development and backstory be reduced to be ****** and have Shadow act more like Sonic's Vegeta type rival. A shell of his former self who is unable to have friends or care for others, who is prideful and confident to the point that it causes him to make unreasonably stupid choices ("Cowards run, I win" anyone?"), and is essentially the punchline of mediocre memes and low effort shit posts that completely misinterpret the point of the character and see him as being nothing more then "edgy". That's why I sincerely hope that Shadow is giving the redemption treatment in Sonic 3, because I sincerely want my boi to go back to his 06 levels of characterization and for people and SEGA to stop assassinating his character.
images

That does mean a lot. I'm sure that's true, and I constantly repeat that you all make it worth the effort and that's definitely the truth. It's moreso the entitlement that really bothers me (again, this isn't subs at Accelerated), because it's that small drop of feeling unappreciated for my work that taints the pool of gratitude I see from a lot of wonderful people.

A. This one, sure, I can understand. But how are you to gain experience if you just sit there with your thumb up your ass?
B. This one is bullshit. I am nobody, came from nowhere, and made a lot of changes here because I pursued it with effort. You don't need a well-known name or recognition, you just need to work your ass off. That's literally all I did.
ok the second one was stupid from my part

TBH Sonic already has some of the best pages on the site-quality-wise, in fact not much comes to mind in competition.

Also, I know this may sound weird, but the reason I managed to learn English was out of the Shadow the Hedgehog game of all things (I got weirdly obsessed with it for a while and wanted to get the plot), so seeing once again Shadow getting proper spotlight is nice.

I’ve got a question: what’s the exact reason for Super forms being Low 2-C at a baseline? The Chaos Emerald page says the seven together are superior to the World Rings, but doesn’t give a reason why. Is it just general “strongest power in the verse” statements that put them this high, or is it something specifically to do with the World Rings?

If it’s just general “strongest power” statements then I think that could lead to either a huge downgrade or huge upgrade.

Do the Super Forms have immunity to the Dream Duality stuff?
They're powered by something which is directly responsible for its existence, that being the Chaos Emeralds, and we know that emotions are necessary for dreams to exist. The Chaos Emeralds are legit all about emotional empowerment nearly every time they're relevant to a story, and it's what empowers them. So in a sense you could say so. Immunity is a strong word though, I wouldn't take it that far. There's always the potential for a stronger duality (such as any Nondual with Plurality) to overpower it, or even other Aspect 2 Nonduals with greater scope.

So it seems that Jim Carrey, despite retiring from acting after Sonic 2, might be returning as Eggman for Sonic The Hedgehog 3. To be honest I actually hope that Eggman is in Sonic 3 considering that he was the catalyst for Shadow's reawakening in Sonic Adventure 2, and I have no doubt Sonic 3 will be using SA2 as a massive inspiration for its script and plot.

I got a question for you Sonic bros: Do you wish to see Sonic 3 be darker in tone then Sonic 1 and 2? And I don't mean dark in the edgy sense, but in the sense that it's more mature and serious given Shadow's back story and Maria's death

So it seems that Jim Carrey, despite retiring from acting after Sonic 2, might be returning as Eggman for Sonic The Hedgehog 3. To be honest I actually hope that Eggman is in Sonic 3 considering that he was the catalyst for Shadow's reawakening in Sonic Adventure 2, and I have no doubt Sonic 3 will be using SA2 as a massive inspiration for its script and plot.

I got a question for you Sonic bros: Do you wish to see Sonic 3 be darker in tone then Sonic 1 and 2? And I don't mean dark in the edgy sense, but in the sense that it's more mature and serious given Shadow's back story and Maria's death
I suppose, but i don't expect it to go too much dark, maybe a little spice of darkness to fit the tone

Good, sticking to their roots is what will ground Sonic Movie 3 in success. If there's ever a game to draw on for nostalgia, Sonic Adventure 2 is that game.
Yes, I think it would mirror well how the franchise took a darker shift as well when SA2 came around despite already being somewhat gritty ever since SA1. It would also be a welcome change of pace and in itself could be played for laughs when contrasted against the attitudes of Sonic or Tails.

Back