• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Random for fun question.

Free for all.

Sonic vs Shadow vs Silver (for fairness, forms are limited to just the Super Form so no Darkspine or Excalibur).
Tough question. Sonic clobbers the both of them in a 1 on 1. However, this is a free for all. I think Silver has the best kit for this type of a match. Multi-target PK that he can spam from a distance. Because of that tho he'll likely be targeted... Hmm, between Sonic and Silver tbh.

Not gonna give an answer on this, but I wanna double check something:
Doesn't Shadow have like, Super form negating Chaos Spears or some bs like that cause of IDW? Used against Super Neo iirc? Or am I misremembering hard

Not gonna give an answer on this, but I wanna double check something:
Doesn't Shadow have like, Super form negating Chaos Spears or some bs like that cause of IDW? Used against Super Neo iirc? Or am I misremembering hard
Yeah, Neo was removed from Super after being speared in the chest cavity. Albeit Metal was using the Master Emerald and his Super Form is different according to Flynn. I think if he could null any Emerald user, a lot of these final bosses wouldn't be difficult to manage. Solaris? Undone upon being hit once, etc.

Yeah, Neo was removed from Super after being speared in the chest cavity. Albeit Metal was using the Master Emerald and his Super Form is different according to Flynn. I think if he could null any Emerald user, a lot of these final bosses wouldn't be difficult to manage. Solaris? Undone upon being hit once, etc.
Gotcha, thx

li'l update: my wrists are dEd
IMG_1311.jpg

it feels like i just experienced carpal tunnel LMAO

i'll be okay though

Random for fun question.

Free for all.

Sonic vs Shadow vs Silver (for fairness, forms are limited to just the Super Form so no Darkspine or Excalibur).
Sonic stomps both as of frontiers. Dude got stronger to an insane degree.

But if you mean hypothetical current versions for the other hedgehogs, then I’d still give it to sonic but it’ll be a tough fight. Unless they gang up on sonic then I see no way for sonic to get the upper hand.

I hope the Hyper forms return.
Wait, is Sonic Origins gonna remaster S3&K with Amy in it?
Cause she doesn't have a Super or Hyper form yet.. :devilish:

While were on the topic of jobdow, I'm curious as to why people believe Shadow without inhibitation rings is so much stronger than he normally is for folding a bunch of fodder clones. Like it's def an amp. Wouldn't put it above any other arbitrary amp tho such as one's Sonic gets in generations (such as the one that further increases his speed), etc.

I say Sonic wins the Meele a trois, not only is he stronger and faster but he has ways of patching up his AP for Chaos Boost and Limiters Off Shadow.

While were on the topic of jobdow, I'm curious as to why people believe Shadow without inhibitation rings is so much stronger than he normally is for folding a bunch of fodder clones. Like it's def an amp. Wouldn't put it above any other arbitrary amp tho such as one's Sonic gets in generations (such as the one that further increases his speed), etc.
Shadow can amp himself in ways without taking off the inhibitors. So uninhibited he’d be even more powerful than that.

Hello guys i wanted to ask a thing. Does Sonic resist transmutation? i saw on the profile he has the resistence due to the zombot virus but what i'm asking is if he can actually resist a more serious transmutation. Like the gold flower of Mario that turns enemies into gold coins, can sonic resist that?

Hello guys i wanted to ask a thing. Does Sonic resist transmutation? i saw on the profile he has the resistence due to the zombot virus but what i'm asking is if he can actually resist a more serious transmutation. Like the gold flower of Mario that turns enemies into gold coins, can sonic resist that?
Imo would say the Metal Virus’s transmutation is more potent since it’s biological but that’s debatable. That’s just my opinion.
But if you look further on the profile, Sonic also has resistance to transmution off of the Wisps, so unless the gold flower has layered transmutation, yes he would resist.

Imo would say the Metal Virus’s transmutation is more potent since it’s biological but that’s debatable. That’s just my opinion.
But if you look further on the profile, Sonic also has resistance to transmution off of the Wisps, so unless the gold flower has layered transmutation, yes he would resist.
he should really resist even the transmutation of the ring time

how is it more potent? cause the gold flower instantly turns you into a coin...(kinda like ring time) Also where does he resist to Wisp transmutation?

how is it more potent? cause the gold flower instantly turns you into a coin...(kinda like ring time)
Once the Metal Virus spreads over organic matter, the points of contact spread while actively transmutating them into a metallic goo substance. Sonic's speed is actively reverting that process, de-metalifying his body in the process. So not only is he actively reverting his body from becoming gooey metal, he's doing it on a molecular level repeatedly (the level at which the Metal Virus infects at).

I have no opinion on what transmutation is stronger, just thought I'd break it down further for Sonic's case.

Once the Metal Virus spreads over organic matter, the points of contact spread while actively transmutating them into a metallic goo substance. Sonic's speed is actively reverting that process, de-metalifying his body in the process. So not only is he actively reverting his body from becoming gooey metal, he's doing it on a molecular level repeatedly (the level at which the Metal Virus infects at).

I have no opinion on what transmutation is stronger, just thought I'd break it down further for Sonic's case.
and i understood this point. What i don't get is that okay he resists it in this case but the metal virus is over time while Gold Flower/Ring Time is instant, how can sonic run and revert the process if he is a coin?

how is it more potent? cause the gold flower instantly turns you into a coin...(kinda like ring time) Also where does he resist to Wisp transmutation?
the time it takes to transmute =/= potency. Unless it’s been shown to work on beings who resist transmutation then it isn’t more potent. That’s how potency and layers works.

It’s listed under Resistances under his “End of Adventure-Current” tab

Does Sonic have limited reactive evolution?
I have a few examples why I think this, and if anyone has any other examples let me know.

The scene that sparked my idea is this scene in the CGI opening of Secret Rings. Here Sonic uses the flame on his chest, which was a curse that would kill him if he didn’t collect the seven world rings, to change his boost to a fiery boost.

Now whether or not that was a boost or Speed Break, Sonic is clearly shown using his flame to alter/activate his moves. I believe Speed Break’s peculiar ability to leave fire in the user’s wake after speeding forwards hints that the scene depicts Sonic using his flame to do Speed Break, which is very interesting.

Note that this isn’t the only time the flame installs odd effects on Sonic, as when against the Iblis Golem Sonic is incapable of damaging it initially due to both being tied to the flame.

In the page for reactive evolution it says users that have this ability can gain new resistances and powers, and Sonic uses a curse that was killing him to Speed Break, which is a new technique/power/ability. So this should suffice.

But wait, I have more!
As we know, in Sonic Unleashed, Dark Gaia’s essence is capable of driving people crazy.
Even down to the conceptual level.
Now unlike other beings that have corrupted into Dark altered versions of themselves, Sonic was capable of not being fully corrupted by the Dark Gaia energy, and he is still capable of harnessing Dark Gaia’s energy for massive boosts of power.

Let me know what you guys think.

Does Sonic have limited reactive evolution?
I have a few examples why I think this, and if anyone has any other examples let me know.

The scene that sparked my idea is this scene in the CGI opening of Secret Rings. Here Sonic uses the flame on his chest, which was a curse that would kill him if he didn’t collect the seven world rings, to change his boost to a fiery boost.

Now whether or not that was a boost or Speed Break, Sonic is clearly shown using his flame to alter/activate his moves. I believe Speed Break’s peculiar ability to leave fire in the user’s wake after speeding forwards hints that the scene depicts Sonic using his flame to do Speed Break, which is very interesting.

Note that this isn’t the only time the flame installs odd effects on Sonic, as when against the Iblis Golem Sonic is incapable of damaging it initially due to both being tied to the flame.

In the page for reactive evolution it says users that have this ability can gain new resistances and powers, and Sonic uses a curse that was killing him to Speed Break, which is a new technique/power/ability. So this should suffice.

But wait, I have more!
As we know, in Sonic Unleashed, Dark Gaia’s essence is capable of driving people crazy.
Even down to the conceptual level.
Now unlike other beings that have corrupted into Dark altered versions of themselves, Sonic was capable of not being fully corrupted by the Dark Gaia energy, and he is still capable of harnessing Dark Gaia’s energy for massive boosts of power.

Let me know what you guys think.
you maybe have a point here

Shadow can amp himself in ways without taking off the inhibitors. So uninhibited he’d be even more powerful than that.
I get that, but those other amps also aren't substantial. I've been seeing here recently that people seem to think Super Shadow without Inhibitor rings is a match for Hyper Sonic which couldn't be further from the truth. Man wouldn't even be able to defeat Super Sonic. Let alone his Hyper Form. It's an amp, but an unquantifiable one that only appeared once to help him quickly clear out a room of fodder.

Last edited:
I get that, but those other amps also aren't substantial. I've been seeing here recently that people seem to think Super Shadow without Inhibitor rings is a match for Hyper Sonic which couldn't be further from the truth. Man wouldn't even be able to defeat Super Sonic. Let alone his Super Form. It's an amp, but an unquantifiable one that only appeared once to help him quickly clear out a room of fodder.
Hyper Sonic is stronger no doubt. No super form is matching Hyper. Disagree on Super Shadow not being able to defeat Super Sonic though. Also it would make no sense for Shadow without inhibitors to be weaker than his Chaos Blast with the inhibitors on.

Hyper Sonic is stronger no doubt. No super form is matching Hyper. Disagree on Super Shadow not being able to defeat Super Sonic though. Also it would make no sense for Shadow without inhibitors to be weaker than his Chaos Blast with the inhibitors on.
It also makes no sense for it to be superior to the Chaos Blast. You can't assert either without evidence. I'm also quite confident Sonic does indeed fold Super Shadow. He has quantifiable amps of his own and is faster than Shadow to begin with. Super Sonic is also stronger because he has better control over the Emeralds. Super Sonic would not be defeated by Super Shadow in any scenario tbh. Unless Shadow went out of character and spammed all his hax.

Back