• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Maginaryworld genuinely seems to be a vague amount of "all dreams from all dimensions". That's a big amount, but, not entirely countable. Intentionally lowballing it to one dream per person (which may just be how it works), and an even version of 2000's real world population gets you to 6,000,000,000 dreams. Chao dream, and we know alien life exists within Sonic, so the number is off regardless, really.
I have 357 universes accounted for in Sonic. I'm sure that number absolutely isn't accurate, 1-to-1, and we know some universes such as Null Space don't contain any life at all. Lowballing a bit, though, to 350 universes (using Shadow's alternate timelines, counting each special stage type as one universe, and not yet using Maginaryworld), 350 times Earth's evened out population during Shuffle's development gets you to 2,100,000,000,000 dreams.

I appreciate the responses, by the way. I wanted to be sure I had a decent understanding on what was going on, so to speak.

20221101_054502.jpg

Here's this, from Frontiers. It's the white wavy line, I believe.

Isn't that something that always existed and just never was a part of gameplay before? I remember being part of the early lore that Sonic could sense danger and would sneeze due to that as well.

Ian was teasing that SEGA revealed the origin of the Chaos Emeralds and we would be getting that story soon, but I really thought they would just put it on Tailstube or a random story on IDW's annuals, but it seems that Sonic Frontiers really is going deep in the lore...

Ian was teasing that SEGA revealed the origin of the Chaos Emeralds and we would be getting that story soon, but I really thought they would just put it on Tailstube or a random story on IDW's annuals, but it seems that Sonic Frontiers really is going deep in the lore...
Yeah and to be fair we know next to nothing in frontiers aside from the first few islands in the Early game so if we're really going to be going in the deep end like this it'll be very interesting to see

I did see someone pitch the idea of Angel Island being the last one you play, but, I feel that's an entire open world of its own. I do like the idea that Angel Island may have once been a part of the Starfall Islands, though.

Yes, as JJ said. It technically did exist, but, I feel it was so vague it could never really be used. Now, though, it's more of an actual thing, I suppose.

Also:

God that was so awesome. The animation was fluid and really showed off Knuckles and how strong he truly is.
I don't know if it's just me here but it seems like Sonic Frontiers won't be treating like an idiot thank god

Some speculate the Super Emeralds are in SA1, due to their larger than usual size in the Master Emerald Shrine flashbacks. This animation also shows them as being abnormally big, for Chaos Emeralds, so, that's cool, I feel.

Based off of Knuckles dialogue, there were multiple echidna tribes and his tribe weren't the ones who built the Master Emerald shrine. And the Starfall tech predate seemingly all of the civilizations in Angel Island. Was Angel Island originally part of the Starfall Islands?

Based off of Knuckles dialogue, there were multiple echidna tribes and his tribe weren't the ones who built the Master Emerald shrine. And the Starfall tech predate seemingly all of the civilizations in Angel Island. Was Angel Island originally part of the Starfall Islands?
Confirmed by Ian to not be the case, Angel Island's origin is what was presented on Sonic Adventure and they didn't retcon any of that, the reason for why that island is connected with the ancients is something else that is going to be revealed later on Sonic Frontiers.

Confirmed by Ian to not be the case, Angel Island's origin is what was presented on Sonic Adventure and they didn't retcon any of that, the reason for why that island is connected with the ancients is something else that is going to be revealed later on Sonic Frontiers.
Nah. Watch that be a lie.

Ah, this is cool to see! Thank you for linking it.

I'm sorry if this comes across as naggy, but: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(Archie_Pre-Genesis_Wave)
His art here is fanart of game Sonic, and should be replaced by something else. I'm sort of shouting into a void though, as I'm not sure where else to bring this up, so I'm sorry about that.
Noted. I would recommend commenting on ElixirBlue's wall, super understanding guy. If you copy-paste your previous comment on the matter (I saw it but forgot to respond, sorry), I know he'll be willing to help!

You know since Frontiers is only about 5 more days away (going by EST) I gotta ask, is Super Sonic going to have some sort of time limit in this game?
I mean just based on the gameplay which has been leaked that depict Super Sonic fighting those titans, I don't see any signs that the form will be limited

I personally don't buy giving Super forms Ring-based time limits, but I suppose Frontiers could give us a more definitive answer.

If you REALLY wanna know.

It is Ring based, but you can just stock up on Rings before the fight with the Cyloop and get max rings. That's literally what I watched in some leaked footage of the Giganto fight

Last edited:
Ah, this is cool to see! Thank you for linking it.

I'm sorry if this comes across as naggy, but: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(Archie_Pre-Genesis_Wave)
His art here is fanart of game Sonic, and should be replaced by something else. I'm sort of shouting into a void though, as I'm not sure where else to bring this up, so I'm sorry about that.
But why, I like it (plus it's noted within the verse's page that some of the character's pictures are fanart)

"Here's an extremely expository line that just happens to be convenient for powerscalers. Gotta go fast!" — Sonic the Frontiers, Hedgehog, 2022.

I loved the part where Sonic finally faced Sage and said, "I know no boundaries, Sage. It's time to cross these frontiers", and then Sonic'd all over his enemies.

It was really cool that Sonic soloed Elder Scrolls ?? We all know Elder Scrolls has has a pretty rocky transition into Sonic Frontiers releasing November 8th

Back