• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If Ian, Surge's writer and creator, were to state her Lightspeed line is just her being cocky, we would need to downgrade the cast to Rel+, regardless if you trust Ian or not.
I'm sorry but that is absolutely not how that works. If we took creator statements above all, half of this wiki would be in literal shambles. It wouldn't matter if Ian birthed Surge from his mouth and dropped her onto the paper of the comic.

Is it also a bad time to tell you that the Laser Wisp not only just solidified Speed of Light IDW, but rather FTL as well? So no, Ian's words don't mean shit if it contradicts the narrative.

Last edited:
Been catching up on all the new footage of Frontiers and this whole time I thought the parry was only for physical attacks, just found out Sonic can also parry and reflect lasers like he's Link

Been catching up on all the new footage of Frontiers and this whole time I thought the parry was only for physical attacks, just found out Sonic can also parry and reflect lasers like he's Link
Yep he sure can lol and there's a lot more too

He's got the Golden Fleece without actually having the Golden Fleece

Is it also a bad time to tell you that the Laser Wisp not only just solidified Speed of Light IDW, but rather FTL as well? So no, Ian's words don't mean shit if it contradicts the narrative.
Seems like an important detail. Currently, the SoL speed ratings use only and solely Surge's statement. If said statement were to be debunked by the author, we shouldn't use it if it's the only factor supporting the rating.

Now, you're informing me that we have more than just one single statement, which further solidifies the rating. I think we should put this on the profiles.

Seems like an important detail. Currently, the SoL speed ratings use only and solely Surge's statement.
Do you know the meaning of supplementary evidence? Seems you don't, because that was never even the main thing used. If the Rel+ feat wasn't performed, SoL wouldn't have gone through. I would know, considering I did the upgrade thread.

Also because the Laser Wisp stuff is in the latest issue, which isn't even out fully yet afaik. Some pages were dropped today

Do you know the meaning of supplementary evidence? Seems you don't, because that was never even the main thing used. If the Rel+ feat wasn't performed, SoL wouldn't have gone through. I would know, considering I did the upgrade thread.
And? Literally, my point is still irrefutably correct, lmao. 0.6c makes Surge's line reliable, sure, I agree with that. By if said reliability were to be debunked by Ian, then the speed would be downgraded to Rel+, and that's it. You can't argue she's talking the truth when the one who wrote it said she wasn't. You can't just say "Well, since we have a feat nearly 1.9x below SoL, then Surge's line is the absolute truth above all others", it's simply not the case. I believe in the mentality that any statement written is a form of exposition, thus true until proven false.

But I digress, you're trying very hard to tackle a hypothetical situation, Ian never debunked Surge's line's credibility, I'm just saying it's a very weak justification with a half decent support, which I literally acknowledged before. Like, geez, why do people on this site act so emotional over cartoon characters.
Also because the Laser Wisp stuff is in the latest issue, which isn't even out fully yet afaik. Some pages were dropped today
Cool. Let's add that when it's out, it's seemingly far better than just a line by a character.

And? Literally, my point is still irrefutably correct, lmao. 0.6c makes Surge's line reliable, sure, I agree with that. By if said reliability were to be debunked by Ian, then the speed would be downgraded to Rel+, and that's it. You can't argue she's talking the truth when the one who wrote it said she wasn't. You can't just say "Well, since we have a feat nearly 1.9x below SoL, then Surge's line is the absolute truth above all others", it's simply not the case. I believe in the mentality that any statement written is a form of exposition, thus true until proven false.
Also, I would like to correct myself.

No, the actually decent supplementary evidence doesn't increase the reliability of Surge's line. The feat is unrelated to it, after all.
It just makes it so that we need less evidence to support SoL, since the Rel+ feat puts it out of the realm of impossibility. Thus, Surge's line isn't more credible than it was before. The credibility is the same, but the context around the feats of the verse makes it so that her line is enough to support SoL.

However, if hypothetically, Ian were to say, "She's just being cocky, she can't actually reach the speed of light.", then that credibility would be zero, as we'd know the intentions of the writer when he wrote that line. Thus it would be improper and factually incorrect to index such line as true, and Sonic IDW would become Rel+. Again, Ian's never debunked the line, and now we have better evidence to prove SoL IDW, so we don't have to get stressed over a hypothetical downgrade (which you'd have to accept).

The resolution isn't great, but here's this. I couldn't send the video directly, so I uploaded it via YouTube. It's a brief clip of Sonic fighting. Nothing new is seen, but it looks nice, I feel.

But I digress, you're trying very hard to tackle a hypothetical situation, Ian never debunked Surge's line's credibility, I'm just saying it's a very weak justification with a half decent support, which I literally acknowledged before. Like, geez, why do people on this site act so emotional over cartoon characters.
Like, geez, why does me attempting to refute your comment mean I have to be emotionally invested in an argument? Lol, any platform where arguing is one of the main attractions have people that have arguing as second nature

Do you know the meaning of supplementary evidence?
^
Like, geez, why does me attempting to refute your comment mean I have to be emotionally invested in an argument? Lol, any platform where arguing is one of the main attractions have people that have arguing as second nature
Yeah, I don't think I have a problem with you simply arguing your point, as that's what I am doing as well. That would be highly hypocritical, but are you going to tell me that wasn't passive-agressive? Slightly condescending behavior might indicate annoyance over my stance.

Again, it's not anything major, so let's not make a tempest on a cup of water, please. I'mma go and catch up with the latest issue.

Yeah, I don't think I have a problem with you simply arguing your point, as that's what I am doing as well. That would be highly hypocritical, but are you going to tell me that wasn't passive-agressive? Slightly condescending behavior might indicate annoyance over my stance.
I'm just very sarcastic (t'was raised that way), but I do apologize cuz that did seem dickish for no reason. Nothing meant by it
Again, it's not anything major, so let's not make a tempest on a cup of water, please. I'mma go and catch up with the latest issue.
Agreed, I'm gonna stop procrastinating on my college assignments 💀

Also, just to be safe, how can we tell that Solaris was going to destroy canon, and not just one universe? I assume it's the former, but I would like to be sure.
Also, I believe someone once mentioned Sonic carries over 70,000 rings or something in Sonic Jump?

Last edited:
Also, just to be safe, how can we tell that Solaris was going to destroy canon, and not just one universe? I assume it's the former, but I would like to be sure.
I won't hold your absence against you but this particular bit has been done to death. Solaris was going to annihilate all of time as said in the JP version of 06, something that means the destruction of every Low 2-C structure in the verse (which includes Maginaryworld, as their universes function on Time). There's no "just to be safe" anymore, attempting to downgrade Solaris is a hair's width away from a Discussion Rule because of how often it's been brought up.

kanye-west-stare.gif

I won't hold your absence against you but this particular bit has been done to death. Solaris was going to annihilate all of time as said in the JP version of 06, something that means the destruction of every Low 2-C structure in the verse (which includes Maginaryworld, as their universes function on Time). There's no "just to be safe" anymore, attempting to downgrade Solaris is a hair's width away from a Discussion Rule because of how often it's been brought up.
It's also stated that Solaris would destroy all space-time in the Encyclospeedia

You can just read the Statistics Blog Shake made...
Can someone enlighten me of the Base Cast speed scaling chain now since the MFTL+ upgrade
...but

By Advance 3 the cast scales to the Nonaggression feat which is 7 billion c and by colors they scale to 2.4 Quadrillion c feat from the Egg Shuttle, by late Colors Sonic becomes 2.3x faster than before according to Omega (it increased by 130%, which is 2.3x because every 100% increase is actually a 2x boost), then that gets 7.9x by the boost, by Forces Sonic is faster than Colors but to a unknown degree, Infinite is faster than Sonic boosting speed in base which Sonic scales to Mid-Forces, then the Hyper Death Egg Robot scales above Infinite at his max speed which then Sonic equals that with his normal running speed in the end of Forces, which then gets 7.9x by his boost and by Frontiers he's above his normal End Of Forces speed by an unknown degree again.

(I didn't give you the values cause I didn't use a calculator cause I'm in mobile and other stuff).

Can someone enlighten me of the Base Cast speed scaling chain now since the MFTL+ upgrade
Early Colors Sonic:2,4 Quadrillion c

Late Colors Sonic:5, 52 Quadrillion c

Early Forces Sonic:>5, 53 Quadrillion c, >43, 608 Quadrillion c when boosting

Infinite and Post-Prison Sonic:>43, 608 Quadrillion c, >344, 5032 when boosting

Hyper Death Egg Robot and End Of Forces Sonic:>344, 5032 Quadrillion c, >2,7 Quintillion c when boosting for Sonic

Super Form tiers:>>>>>>>>>>2,7 Quintillion c

Early Colors Sonic:2,4 Quadrillion c

Late Colors Sonic:5, 52 Quadrillion c

Early Forces Sonic:>5, 53 Quadrillion c, >43, 608 Quadrillion c when boosting

Infinite and Post-Prison Sonic:>43, 608 Quadrillion c, >344, 5032 when boosting

Hyper Death Egg Robot and End Of Forces Sonic:>344, 5032 Quadrillion c, >2,7 Quintillion c when boosting for Sonic

Super Form tiers:>>>>>>>>>>2,7 Quintillion c
QUINTILLIONS, never thought I would see the Game Verse reach that (strictly referring to finite speed)

why sonic does not scale to perfect chaos and why is that a outlier if he scales?
Cuz there's no feats up to his level aside from that one, so he doesn't scale.

Plus it kinda contradicts itself by having Classic Super Sonic be even with Modern Super Sonic.

Classic scales to Modern, and pre-Ark Biolizard and Egg Emperor also put up a fight against modern Sonic in Generations 3DS. I feel both go against the idea that Sonic now is as strong as Super in Adventure. Plus, I don't believe Perfect Chaos can hurt Super Sonic at all, whilst it can hurt base Sonic, which also hurts the idea that he's stronger, I feel.
why sonic does not scale to perfect chaos and why is that a outlier if he scales?

Last edited:
Lots of bosses can’t hurt Super Sonic, that’s not really the metric used for scaling.

Lowkey I think the Forces Death Egg Robot should be low 2-C, it was using an overclocked Phantom Ruby that should be superior to Phantom King’s.

Lots of bosses can’t hurt Super Sonic, that’s not really the metric used for scaling.

Lowkey I think the Forces Death Egg Robot should be low 2-C, it was using an overclocked Phantom Ruby that should be superior to Phantom King’s.
Oh yes, the transition from Tier 2 Super Sonic being an outlier to potentially Tier 2 base Sonic

Back