• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Elaborate on Archie/Game upgrade attempt.

That will more likely start a civil war more so than the Metal Overlord scaling.
Ha, true! It's from @Peptocoptr27. If the Low 1-A Archie thread fails, Pepto plans to create a CRT trying to fit Boom into Games and make String Theory tierable via using Dr. Eggman's statement and applying it to Maginaryworld. At least, that's my educated guess.

Assuming Shadow Generations results in a Metal Overlord downgrade rather than the wiki dismissing Shadow beating him as an outlier, the base cast scaling to Master Overlord is no longer nonsensical
Is it…?
Metal Overlord is pretty old at this point and Master is an upgraded version of an already superior to base form character from the post-Forces era.

Ha, true! It's from @Peptocoptr27. If the Low 1-A Archie thread fails, Pepto plans to create a CRT trying to fit Boom into Games and make String Theory tierable via using Dr. Eggman's statement and applying it to Maginaryworld. At least, that's my educated guess.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I'm gonna be honest, as much as I am for upgrading the verse, I'm absolutely skeptical about that CRT in particular due to the forcful isolating of Pre-Genesis Wave Continuity outside of literally everything and then all of the sudden the Post-Genesis Wave Continuity becomes canon to the Multiverse of the Main Continuity. It sounds so messy and convoluted looking from the outside in. I could be wrong as I need to see evidence but I still have my reservations.

Truth be told, I'd rather just push for 1-A Off Panel as it's easier to work with but I will admit I'm not an expert in Off Panel. I've seen a lot of evidnece in support for it being such.

Ignoring that, I do believe the Chaos Force is still at the very least Low 1-A. I don't know when more progress will be made of that other thread though. I'm getting a little concerned to be honest.

So for ***** and giggles, I decided to play Sonic Forces again and decided to compare Sunset Heights from both Forces and Shadow Generations. And I've come up with two conclusions:

1. It's truly insane how far SEGA and Sonic Team have come with Hedgehog Engine 2 since they first used it in 2018 with Sonic Forces, the differences in graphical fidelity and animation are night and day between Forces and Shadow Generations

2. SEGA were literal ******* mad men for thinking the level design in Forces was anywhere near passable for release. Like seriously, it's crazy how much better Sunset Heights in Shadow Generations is compared to the game where it originated from.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse by saying Sonic Forces sucks, but Sunset Heights in SxS Generations really made me see the sheer wasted potential of Forces.

S
So for ***** and giggles, I decided to play Sonic Forces again and decided to compare Sunset Heights from both Forces and Shadow Generations. And I've come up with two conclusions:

1. It's truly insane how far SEGA and Sonic Team have come with Hedgehog Engine 2 since they first used it in 2018 with Sonic Forces, the differences in graphical fidelity and animation are night and day between Forces and Shadow Generations

2. SEGA were literal ******* mad men for thinking the level design in Forces was anywhere near passable for release. Like seriously, it's crazy how much better Sunset Heights in Shadow Generations is compared to the game where it originated from.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse by saying Sonic Forces sucks, but Sunset Heights in SxS Generations really made me see the sheer wasted potential of Forces.
Sonic Forces Remaster coming to a store near you eventually.

I think he wants to make Boom canon to Post-Gen Archie.
I really don't see why if Boom may potentially be canon to Post-Gen Archie, Pre-Gen Archie shouldn't be considered canon. It breaks the entire Archie Continuity for that matter as the first Crossover between Sonic and Megaman connects both Pre-Gen and Post-Gen together.

With the upcoming Sonic movie DLC in Shadow Gens, will that affect scaling? (if it can even be deemed as canon)
Based off the trailer for the DLC, it looks like Shadow is inhabiting the body of his movie counterpart while his consciousness is still the same one from the games. Because there's a part in the trailer before the video starts where Shadow says: "I've taken on another form...?"

So I doubt this will drastically impact the scaling of the games or movies, but we'll just have to wait until December 12th before we can get an answer.

I really don't see why if Boom may potentially be canon to Post-Gen Archie, Pre-Gen Archie shouldn't be considered canon. It breaks the entire Archie Continuity for that matter as the first Crossover between Sonic and Megaman connects both Pre-Gen and Post-Gen together.
I don't know Pepto's plan but both continuities should be canon to each other.
I'm sorry so what happened in generations remastered?
Iizuka really likes Black Doom.

61Ql0VO.gif

Assuming Shadow Generations results in a Metal Overlord downgrade rather than the wiki dismissing Shadow beating him as an outlier, the base cast scaling to Master Overlord is no longer nonsensical
Hm. Makes sense.

Wouldn't we re-evaluate Sonic being able to beat Perfect Chaos, or is that still an outlier , since the downgrade to Metal Overlord would make them being on some range of super form tier [the low-end] consistent ?

Reminder Mania took a YEAR to get this number.
Really? Damn, it's crazy to think that one of the most universally liked and praised Sonic games of all time took a full year to sell over a million copies while Sonic x Shadow Generations has achieved that milestone in such a drastically short amount of time. But I guess it shows how much of a win streak Sonic has been on these last couple years.

Though I think what would make Sonic x Shadow Generations even more popular is if SEGA/Sonic Team make more DLC stages for Shadow Generations, because that was something that SEGA missed a huge opportunity with with OG Generations.

Really? Damn, it's crazy to think that one of the most universally liked and praised Sonic games of all time took a full year to sell over a million copies while Sonic x Shadow Generations has achieved that milestone in such a drastically short amount of time. But I guess it shows how much of a win streak Sonic has been on these last couple years.
Unfortunetly Sonic Mania's graphics are sprite based, and to casual audiences that's a hard sell to make (Iizuka even mentioned in an interview about how 2D games tend not to do well), add in the fact that Sonic's not so stellar record for the previous 15+ years tanking his rep to the point that at best people would say the series quality was inconsistent and sales were getting worse as a result of the bad press it kept getting, it wasn't in a good spot to make massive numbers regardless of how incredible it was.

Honestly if they put out Sonic Mania nowadays it'd more than likely sell way more, likely not Frontiers / Shadow Generations level due to the movies making modern Sonic way more popular than he's ever been and like I mentioned, sprites are a harder sell to casuals, but general public reception for Sonic is way better these days and combined with the success of the movies way more people are into the franchise and way more people are also willing to give the games a chance instead of just going "Oh they're making another shitty sanik game who cares?"

From the hit show The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy?
No, the location from Sonic Prime.

No, the location from Sonic Prime.
Oh, I didn't really watch Sonic's Clubhouse beyond a few episodes in season 1 so didn't know that was a location.

Oh, I didn't really watch Sonic's Clubhouse beyond a few episodes in season 1 so didn't know that was a location.
You're not missing much, trust me. Really, the only reason why I would watch Sonic Prime is because Shadow is solidly well written in this show.

But...you can easily watch clips of Shadow on YouTube so it's not really worth watching Sonic Prime at that point.

Back