• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How is Tyson any different from Evan though, for example? SEGA's going to look over the work of both of them, as they do IDW.
Tyson is a direct Sega employee, with the Producer and animators also being Sega employees, IDW Comics are not drawn by Sega, the script is not written by Sega, and the "producers"(or the equivalent role for comics) is not from Sega, at max they give some small notes and directions, which is a thing any IP Holder does to licensed products, like, i said this many times already, i thought i made that pretty clear

Ian and Evan are also on the Lore Team, as expressed by Katie, here. Ian was also asked if the Bumblekast had any play in him being in the Lore Team, and he basically kindly responded, "No.", and said that the only correlation is that he's on both of them.
So, if the Lore Team is SEGA, then so are Evan and Ian. Thus, IDW would be SEGA, as both Evan and Ian are the lead writers for the book.

Ian and Evan are also on the Lore Team, as expressed by Katie, here. Ian was also asked if the Bumblekast had any play in him being in the Lore Team, and he basically kindly responded, "No.", and said that the only correlation is that he's on both of them.
So, if the Lore Team is SEGA, then so are Evan and Ian. Thus, IDW would be SEGA, as both Evan and Ian are the lead writers for the book.
is IDW and its employee's Sega? yes or no

also both of Ian and Evan's twitter bios still say "freelance" instead of "hired by Sega"

Do you know what it means? No, I'm serious, what COULD this MEAN, for both Fandoms if the crossover is truly canonical?
The seething from some people would be 100% worth. The scaling would be just as great, with MLP and Sonic cosmology maybe even being confirmed to be intertwined

And idkkkk, man. Don't count out MLP just yet. FiM issue #1 was the highest selling IDW period last time I checked. There's always that chance it could happen............

The seething from some people would be 100% worth. The scaling would be just as great, with MLP and Sonic cosmology maybe even being confirmed to be intertwined

And idkkkk, man. Don't count out MLP just yet. FiM issue #1 was the highest selling IDW period last time I checked. There's always that chance it could happen............
combining IPs so that we can wank both together as a Team? nice :devilish:

Well, they are on the Lore Team. So, I would say that they are working for SEGA. Not literally 1001% of their time is SEGA of course, I know that Ian's currently and has been working on some stuff that isn't SEGA related, for example, but he is hired into a SEGA team, internally.
( Also, when someone asked Ian about why the Lore Team was formed in America, and not in Sonic Team, Ian responded that he can't say the whys or hows of that, because he isn't a part of the Japanese branch. Presumably, then, from how he worded that, he's saying he's not a part of the Japanese branch of SEGA, with his wording indicating he is a part of some branch of SEGA. )

Well, they are on the Lore Team. So, I would say that they are working for SEGA. Not literally 1001% of their time is SEGA of course, I know that Ian's currently and has been working on some stuff that isn't SEGA related, for example, but he is hired into a SEGA team, internally.
( Also, when someone asked Ian about why the Lore Team was formed in America, and not in Sonic Team, Ian responded that he can't say the whys or hows of that, because he isn't a part of the Japanese branch. Presumably, then, from how he worded that, he's saying he's not a part of the Japanese branch of SEGA, with his wording indicating he is a part of some branch of SEGA. )
is IDW and its employee's Sega? yes or no

also both of Ian and Evan's twitter bios still say "freelance" instead of "hired by Sega"
like, i understand the point for Ian and Evan.......but you didn't really answered my question

No..
Also fan art, and fanfics and............................green

Is IDW and its employee's Sega?
Ohh, I see. Thank you for elaborating.
IDW isn't, though from what we know, the works tied to the Sonic IP are always checked over and agreed upon by SEGA of America, so the work is never only held by the leash by IDW, but rather the IP owners, so to speak. Sonic Team is also likely involved, though, that's more so me guessing. Of course, in a vacuum, IDW is just a different company, and has zero relation at all to the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise.

So, being sincere with this, I'm not sure why the vast majority of Sonic animations also wouldn't "not count as much", considering they are directed and written by many of the same people behind the comic that "doesn't matter that much".
Because IDW was stated to be secondary canon unlike those. Simple as. Prime falls in the same vein.

Sonic Question Time: We've all seen the IDW tidbit implying a crossover (likely with another IDW comic). Sooo... What's your Top 3 picks for what Sonic crosses over with? Mine is;

1. Transformers

Something about Super Sonic vs Megatron sounds absolutely RAW, what a ******* battle that'd be. Gold clashes well against purple, you know.

2. Godzilla

The obvious pick. Super Sonic vs the Titans was practically a prelude to this, what with the infatuation people have with seeing a small character essentially shoulder-check a giant.

3. TMNT

Probably my niche pick, though it's definitely my least favorite of the three. There's even the parallels of "Group of Four" with Sonic, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles, so it's not like there's NO connection.

And yeah, any of these would be cool for me to see.

Sonic Question Time: We've all seen the IDW tidbit implying a crossover (likely with another IDW comic). Sooo... What's your Top 3 picks for what Sonic crosses over with? Mine is;

1. Transformers

Something about Super Sonic vs Megatron sounds absolutely RAW, what a ******* battle that'd be. Gold clashes well against purple, you know.

2. Godzilla

The obvious pick. Super Sonic vs the Titans was practically a prelude to this, what with the infatuation people have with seeing a small character essentially shoulder-check a giant.

3. TMNT

Probably my niche pick, though it's definitely my least favorite of the three. There's even the parallels of "Group of Four" with Sonic, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles, so it's not like there's NO connection.

Mario....a proper, story crossover

1. Transformers

2. Godzilla

3. TMNT

is between Godzilla or Transformers

1. Transformers

2. Godzilla

3. TMNT

I agree. Would just replace TNMT with MLP because it would be funnier and bring more to the table on the VS side of things. Also, having the ninja turtles massively upscale from Low 2-C (or 2-C) and infinite speed via scaling to Sonic is cursed

I'm assuming that statement is Ian mentioning, "if the comics and games contradict, go for the games", thing?
Granted, weird scenario that, if Sonic Channel contradicts the games (such as implying Shadow needs an Emerald to teleport), do our wheels sort of just, spin in place, so to speak, if we're to consider that primary source?

I don't mean this as a smartass at all, but, has it been? I feel that I've heard people say things like "Shadow never needed an Emerald before but now they're saying he does", pretty consistently. Even here.
Yeah, it has been. Lots of material have said "Shadow needs an emerald" even though games contradict that. That's why it's even a debate.

not allowed, pick a weapon and SWING IT AT SOMEONE
Careful what you wish
LSZkqL.gif

Watched a video recently.
It made me really want to see someone just explore & appreciate the architecture & structural logistics of the layouts of Kingdom Valley & Soleanna Castle Town.

Like, was Kingdom Valley always flooded, full of chasms & cliffs?
What parts of it are for what?
How would stuff be transported from one place to another?

What are the businesses? Who's employed? I know there's a shoe maker & at least 1 shopkeeper & some castle guards.
I wanna see someone figure that stuff out.

I know a lot of these questions probably don't have intended answers, but I still wanna see the things thought out, explored & evaluated.

Watched a video recently.
It made me really want to see someone just explore & appreciate the architecture & structural logistics of the layouts of Kingdom Valley & Soleanna Castle Town.

Like, was Kingdom Valley always flooded, full of chasms & cliffs?
What parts of it are for what?
How would stuff be transported from one place to another?

What are the businesses? Who's employed? I know there's a shoe maker & at least 1 shopkeeper & some castle guards.
I wanna see someone figure that stuff out.

I know a lot of these questions probably don't have intended answers, but I still wanna see the things thought out, explored & evaluated.
It is really cool thinking of this.

Oh yeah, one more thing for you lovely folk. My self-imposed break from wiki work has just about ended, effective practically immediately. Meaning I'm fully picking up my Sonic Revision Series + more, though it'll be over a week until anything is ready to go. Though I'm sure there are some behind-the-scene CRTs you guys will like in the meantime... Shhh...

Thank all of you for the patience with me, it's much appreciated to know I can just hang out with you guys and not be expected to remain the workhorse. I really needed this break

Oh yeah, one more thing for you lovely folk. My self-imposed break from wiki work has just about ended, effective practically immediately. Meaning I'm fully picking up my Sonic Revision Series + more, though it'll be over a week until anything is ready to go. Though I'm sure there are some behind-the-scene CRTs you guys will like in the meantime... Shhh...

Thank all of you for the patience with me, it's much appreciated to know I can just hang out with you guys and not be expected to remain the workhorse. I really needed this break
No rush, nor any pressure at all, even if your break is over.

No rush, nor any pressure at all, even if your break is over.
Thanks, Mystic!

Btw, just wanna take the time to tell you that I appreciate your presence here. It seems like you're the odd man out plenty of times, and sometimes I feel some people are too cutthroat here, but it's important you know it doesn't detract from the value you bring. Idk, I felt I had to say that.

Back