• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@MYHERO A tier 0 Sonic character lol.
Personally if I were to make my own verse, I would max it at 2-A.
If I had no care in the world I would make Sonic the strongest in fiction. But realistically speaking that will probably just make Sonic worse as a character and leave him to be ridiculed even further than he is. I will have no integrity as a writer if I truly gave Sonic the 1-A seal of approval just out of my own bias. Though I would still make his verse be in the outerversal levels so that at least a part of me will be satisfied that Sonic's cosmology is still more impressive than 99% of fiction, just not very applicable to vs debates. As a matter of fact I would just give this tier 0 god just vague statements of how strong he is in the games and just publish an official guide book with a section dedicated towards him that explains his powers more. Tier 1 level of storytelling is something I don't ever see me dipping my toes in as much.

>Implying that 98% of fiction isn't 10-B to 9-C and simply being around 7-A makes you more impressive than 99% of fiction.

Thank you Cal for proving that Base Sonic alone is already more impressive than 99% of fiction.
76589382-AA46-4B5F-8A0B-8CC46660FF31

Personally I'd....

Make the freedom fighters canon in forces. But tweak Sally to not be a princess....or at least not know Sonic.

Bring back Super Forms for other characters that aren't Hedgehogs.

Give Amy her Sonic Boom personality. She's not overly obsessed with Sonic but she still likes him.

No Baldy McNosehair jokes.....ever. In fact he can go back to his mid 2000s personality. It was honestly perfect for him. He didn't sound overly 90s and didn't make bad jokes every 5 seconds.

@MYHERO Yeah you don't want to have that suggsverse kind of story where your characters are just powerful for the sake of being powerful. At that point it simply degenerates into a power fantasy. What's more important is giving your characters depth, personality, and motives in order to make a good story.

@Hst master I agree. I think Sonic's characterization was handled well when Jason was voicing Sonic. He truly felt mellowed out as a seasoned hero especially in the storybook games.

And Sally not knowing Sonic is something I never thought of but now that I hear it I agree with it. Can you elaborate further on why you would like that idea?

Code:
@Shadow This
I'd cap at Low 2-C in a story at most unless it's setting is already ridiculously powerful from the start. Also a Power Ceiling would be good since Power Creep would be more manageable.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@MYHERO Yeah you don't want to have that suggsverse kind of story where your characters are just powerful for the sake of being powerful. At that point it simply degenerates into a power fantasy. What's more important is giving your characters depth, personality, and motives in order to make a good story.
^Tbh. You don't wanna end up in a Dragon Ball situation where your main character is powerful to the point that all of his problems can be solved by punching, little no weaknesses and all conflict seems pointless b/c you know he has Ultra Plotstinct something that can easily end the villain right then and there.

MYHERO said:
@Shadow I heard Umineko is really good even though it's in the top 10 verses.
If an author can it work that's great.

I just personally don't see a need to go above 2-A if I were to make my own verse.

I pull a Law of Identity and don´t show Sonic´s cast´s power being actually tier 0 until the very end via trascending those that trascend those that "wrote all stories" in a never-ending trascendental expansion, effectivelly making the Sonic cast the strongests characters in fiction via being in a being state that always is constantly expanding to continuously expand, trascending infinitely outerversal hierarchies over and over again with no true end.

How the feats before then would go, you may ask? The usual High 6-A to 5-A for base forms, but up to High 1-C in Super and similar forms, only those that get the right to "understand" a secret kept from a tier 0 are able to power up to such state of being by just keeping it in mind as long as desired.

MYHERO said:
@Hst master I agree. I think Sonic's characterization was handled well when Jason was voicing Sonic. He truly felt mellowed out as a seasoned hero especially in the storybook games.

And Sally not knowing Sonic is something I never thought of but now that I hear it I agree with it. Can you elaborate further on why you would like that idea?
Personally I think Sonic and The Black Knight was his peak. His thoughts on Camelot and Immortality fitted him and he didn't mind playing the villain.

And what I mean by not knowing Sonic is that she never grew up with him. They're not best friends or dating or whatever, but they come together to fight off Eggman. I'd simply have her replace Knuckles as the leader of the rebellion or be co-leader. Also I'd enjky seeing how Nicole would interact with Infinite, maybe have her tag along with Sonic and be a communicator/less annoying Omachao.

@DaBoiWhoOwnsMods Ha, who needs coming up with clever or complex strategies to stop a villain who seems to have everything going right for them when you can just power up and punch your way to victory?

Ironically that hurts Dragon Ball on here when punching and energy beams won't help them beat haxxed characters or abstract entities.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Ironically that hurts Dragon Ball on here when punching and energy beams won't help them beat haxxed characters or abstract entities.
Then explain to me how Goku has such a large victory list.

@Shadow That's pretty much what makes Dragon Ball, plot-wise sometimes, boring. Punching isn't working? Punch harder. Punching harder not working? Spirit Bomb or get some new power up.

MYHERO said:
Then explain to me how Goku has such a large victory list. </div>
I mean, literally more than half (to not say all) go down to "Goku via comboing before they hax" or "Goku via fighting skillZs"

Probably because any match where Goku loses is considered a stomp.

Hell, I bet Arceus vs Demigra was called a stomp simply because they didn't want Demigra to have a loss added to his profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back