• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
UltimateFlare said:
I mean, Game Sonic doesn't scale to the emeralds either despite going through similar things and was confirmed to get stronger over time

Unless somethintg extreme happens, I don't see IDW Sonic scaling to them and getting accepted
I meant the Super forms. The chaos emeralds tier scales off to anyone that uses a super form. That's why Sonic has 4-A and 2-C.

Ah, well in that case I get it

Thouhg he probably still doesn't scale because he hasn't got the chance of show off his Super Form, so we gotta wait...a lot probably

To be fair Ian make the storyline confused because with the whole "Let's fuse that planet togheter, with this we can get a lot of energy and destroy the whole multiverse"... It's just not very... you know 0v0

He also mentions Super Sonic struggling against Dark Gaia when that would be one of two things.

1) Dark Gaia would have 2-A AP scaling to Super Sonic.

2) Super Sonic struggling against him would be PIS/outlier.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
He also mentions Super Sonic struggling against Dark Gaia when that would be one of two things.
1) Dark Gaia would have 2-A AP scaling to Super Sonic.

2) Super Sonic struggling against him would be PIS/outlier.
most likely no.1

there are enemies in sonic the hedgehog comparable/stronger to/than super sonic examples would be like solaris.

Oh yeah I agree with #1. People outside this wiki like to abuse AOE fallacy. "Oh he ain't 2-A cuz he wasn't shown blowing up infinite universes blah blah blah."

Even if that wasn't the case, using Dark Gaia as a reason to ignore Sonic's 2-A feats is nonsensical.

Executor N0 said:
TheImagineBreaker121212 said:
Once again a edited script from the same guy how did the same in the whole 06 story. Edited the original translation of Windii and put these "brane" and "suply a Special Zone" thing. The whole dimension thing is true, there's something like that even in the original Sonic game.
surplus

i got japanese texts

õ©ûþòîÒü«Òü®ÒüôÒüïÒü½ÒüéÒéïµÁ«ÚüèÕ│ÂÒÇéÒüôÒü«Õ│ÂÒüîÒüéÒéïõ║ïõ╗ÂÒü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªµÁÀÚØóÒéÆÒüïÒüÖÒéüÒüªÒüïÒéëµò░Òüïµ£êÒüîÒüƒÒüúÒüªÒüäÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

Òü¿ÒüôÒéìÒüîÒÇüÕìùµÁÀÒü«µÁÀÕ║òµÀ▒ÒüÅÒüºÚÜåÞÁÀµ┤╗ÕïòÒüîÞÁÀÒüôÒéèÒÇü1ÒüñÒü«Õ│ÂÒüîÕ┐¢þäÂÒü¿Õº┐ÒéÆÞªïÒüøÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒÒÇéÒüØÒéîÒü»µÁ«ÚüèÕ│ÂÒü½ÒüéÒéïÒâ×Òé╣Òé┐Òâ╝Òé¿ÒâíÒâ®Òâ½Òâë"ÒâöÒâ®Òâ╝"Òü«ÕèøÒü½ÒéêÒéèÒÇüÕ£░µ«╗ÚüïÕïòÒüîµ┤╗þÖ║ÕîûÒüùÒüƒþÁɵףÒü«þöúþë®ÒüºÒüùÒüƒÒÇéÒüòÒéëÒü½ÒüØÒü«Õ│ÂÒü»Òü╗ÒéôÒü«Õ░æÒüùÒü«ÚûôÒü½ÒÇüÒééÒü«ÒüÖÒüöÒüäÒé╣ÒâöÒâ╝ÒâëÒüºÒüØÒü«Õ«╣Õº┐ÒéÆÕñëÒüêÒüñÒüñÒüéÒéèÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

"ÒâöÒâ®Òâ╝"Òü«Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝ÒüîÒÇüÕìÿÒü¬ÒéïÕ▓®Òü«Õø║Òü¥ÒéèÒüáÒüúÒüƒÕ│ÂÒéÆþÀæÒü«µÑ¢Õ£ÆÒü½ÕñëÕîûÒüòÒüøÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüÖÒÇé


ÒÇîÒüéÒü«Õ£░Òü½Òü»õ¢òÒüïÒüéÒéï…ÒÇì

Òâ×Òé╣Òé┐Òâ╝Òé¿ÒâíÒâ®Òâ½Òâë"ÒâöÒâ®Òâ╝"Òü«Õ«êÞ¡ÀÞÇàÒüºÒüéÒéïÒâèÒââÒé»Òâ½Òü»ÒÇüÚÇöÕêçÒéîÒéïÒüôÒü¿Òü¬ÒüÅþÂÜÒüÅÕ│ÂÒü«µÇѵ┐ÇÒü¬ÕñëÕîûÒü½þûæÕòÅÒéƵè▒ÒüìÒü¥ÒüÖÒÇé

ÚüáÒüäµÿöÒÇü"ÕèøÒü«þƒ│"Òü«µÜ┤ÞÁ░Òü½ÒéêÒéèÒÇüõ©Çþ×¼Òü½ÒüùÒüªµÂêµ╗àÒüùÒüƒÒü¿ÒüäÒüåõ╝ØÞ¬¼Òü«µûçµÿÄÒü«ÕÉ쵫ïÒüîÒÇüÒüØÒü«Õ│ÂÒü½þ£áÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü«ÒüºÒüùÒéçÒüåÒüïÒÇé

ÒÇîõ¢òÒüïÒüî"ÒâöÒâ®Òâ╝"Òü«ÕèøÒéÆÕóùÕ╣àÒüòÒüøÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü½ÚüòÒüäÒü¬ÒüäÒÇì

ÒüØÒüåÞÇâÒüêÒüƒÒâèÒââÒé»Òâ½Òü»Õ«êÞ¡ÀÞÇàÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü«Þ▓¼õ╗╗µäƒÒéÆÞâ©Òü½ÒÇüÕìÿÞ║½ÒüØÒü«Õ│ÂÒü©Òü¿ÕÉæÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüÖÒÇé


ÒüùÒüïÒüùÒÇüÒüØÒüåÞÇâÒüêÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü«Òü»Õ¢╝1õ║║ÒüºÒü»ÒüéÒéèÒü¥ÒüøÒéôÒüºÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

ÒüéÒü«µé¬ÕÉìÚ½ÿÒüìÕñ®µëìþºæÕ¡ªÞÇàDr.Òé¿ÒââÒé░Òâ×Òâ│ÒééÒüØÒü«1õ║║ÒüºÒÇüÒüÖÒüºÒü½Õ│ÂÒü©Òü¿Þ¬┐µƒ╗Òü½õ╣ùÒéèÞ¥╝ÒéôÒüºÒüäÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüÖÒÇé

ÒüØÒüôÒüºÒé¿ÒââÒé░Òâ×Òâ│Òü»ÒÇüÕÅñõ╗úµûçÕ¡ùÒüîÕ¢½ÒéëÒéîÒüƒÕ░ÅÒüòÒü¬Òâ¬Òâ│Òé░ÒéÆþÖ║ÞªïÒÇéÒü¥ÒüòÒü½ÒüØÒü«Õ│ÂÒü»ÒÇüÕñ▒ÒéÅÒéîÒüƒµûçµÿÄÒü«õ©ÇÚâ¿ÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒéÅÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüÖÒÇé

ÒüòÒéëÒü½ÒÇüµÁ«ÚüèÕ│ÂÒü½ÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒé╣Òâ╝ÒâæÒâ╝Òâ¬Òâ│Òé░Òü¿þô£2ÒüñÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒéÆþÖ║ÞªïÒüùÒü¥ÒüÖÒÇéÒüØÒéîÒü»õ╝ØÞ¬¼Òü«µûçµÿÄÒüîÕñ▒ÒéÅÒéîÒéïÕëìÒü½õ¢┐ÒéÅÒéîÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇüÕñ¬ÕÅñÒü«Òé╣ÒâÜÒéÀÒâúÒâ½Òâ¬Òâ│Òé░ÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüÖÒÇé


ÒÇîÒüôÒéîÒüºÕåìÒü│Òâ×Òé╣Òé┐Òâ╝Òé¿ÒâíÒâ®Òâ½ÒâëÒü½ÒüƒÒü®ÒéèþØÇÒüæÒéï´╝üÒÇì

ÒüØÒü«þÖ║ÞªïÒü½Ú®ÜÕû£ÒüÖÒéïÒé¿ÒââÒé░Òâ×Òâ│ÒüºÒüùÒüƒÒüîÒÇüÒüØÒü«Òé╣ÒâÜÒéÀÒâúÒâ½Òâ¬Òâ│Òé░ÒüîÕ░ÄÒüäÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü»ÒüÜÒü«"ÕèøÒü«þƒ│"Òü»ÒÇüÕñ®þ®║ÒüïÒéëÞê×ÒüäÚÖìÒéèÒüƒþÑ×ÒÇàÒü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªÒüÖÒüºÒü½µÁ«ÚüèÕ│ÂÒü½þº╗ÒüòÒéîÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüùÒüƒÒÇé


ÒüùÒüïÒüùÒÇüÒé╣ÒâÜÒéÀÒâúÒâ½Òâ¬Òâ│Òé░Òü«õ¢£ÒéèÕç║ÒüÖõ©ìµÇØÞ¡░Òü¬þ®║ÚûôÒü½Òü»ÒÇü"ÒâöÒâ®Òâ╝"Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝ÒüîÕààµ║ÇÒüùÒÇüÒÇîÒé½Òé¬Òé╣Òâ¬Òâ│Òé░ÒÇìÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒâ¬Òâ│Òé░þèÂÒü«þÁɵÖÂõ¢ôÒü¿ÕîûÒüùÒüªÒüäÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

ÒÇîÒüôÒü«Òé╣ÒâÜÒéÀÒâúÒâ½Òâ¬Òâ│Òé░Òü«þºÿÕ»åÒéƵÄóÒéîÒü░ÒÇüÒé¢ÒâïÒââÒé»ÒüƒÒüíÒü«µîüÒüñÒâ¬Òâ│Òé░Òü«þºÿÕ»åÒü»ÒüèÒéìÒüïÒÇüÒâ×Òé╣Òé┐Òâ╝Òé¿ÒâíÒâ®Òâ½ÒâëÒéÆÕæ╝Òü│Õ»äÒüøÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüºÒüìÒéï´╝üÒÇì

ÒüØÒüåÞÇâÒüêÒüƒÒé¿ÒââÒé░Òâ×Òâ│Òü»ÒÇüµÇÑÚü¢ÒüØÒü«Õ│ÂÒü½ÞªüÕí×ÒéÆþ»ëÒüìõ©èÒüÆÒüªÒüùÒü¥ÒüäÒü¥ÒüÖÒÇéÒÇîÒâïÒâÑÒâ╝ÒâêÒâ¡Òé©ÒââÒé»ÒâÅÒéñÒé¥Òâ╝Òâ│ÒÇìÒü¿ÕÉìõ╗ÿÒüæÒéëÒéîÒüƒÒüØÒü«Òâ¬Òé¥Òâ╝ÒâêÕ£░Òü½Òü»ÒÇüÒé¿ÒââÒé░Òâ×Òâ│Òü«µüÉÒéìÒüùÒüäÞ¿êþö╗ÒüªÕÀ╗ÒüäÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü«ÒüºÒüùÒüƒÒÇé


ÒüØÒüùÒüªÒâèÒââÒé»Òâ½ÒüîÕ│ÂÒü«Þ┐æÒüÅÒü½þØÇÒüäÒüƒÒü¿ÒüìÒÇüÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒü»µëïÚüàÒéîÒü«þèµàïÒü¿Òü¬ÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüÖÒÇéÒé¿ÒââÒé░Òâ×Òâ│Òü»Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝Òü«þÁɵÖÂÕîûÒü½µêÉÕèƒÒÇéÒüØÒü«õ║║ÚÇáÒâ¬Òâ│Òé░ÒéÆÒÇîÒâÇÒâ╝Òé»Òâ¬Òâ│Òé░ÒÇìÒü¿Õæ¢ÕÉìÒÇéÒüòÒéëÒü½Òü»ÒÇüÒâ¬Òâ│Òé░ÕÉîÕú½ÒüºµÖéþ®║Òü«ÒüñÒü¬ÒüîÒéèÒéÆþÖ║þöƒÒüòÒüøÒéïÒÇîÒâ¬Òâ│Òé░ÒâæÒâ»Òâ╝ÒÇìÒü«ÚûïþÖ║ÒéÆÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüÖÒÇé

ÒÇîÒüôÒéîÒüòÒüêÒüéÒéîÒü░ÒÇüÒééÒüåµëïÒééÞÂ│ÒééÕç║ÒüøÒü¥ÒüäÒÇéõ¢ÖÞ¿êÒü¬Úé¬Ú¡öÒéÆÒüòÒéîÒüÜÒü½ÒüÖÒéÇÒü»ÒüÜÒüÿÒéâ´╝üõ╗èÕ║ªÒüôÒüØÒÇüÕà¿õ©ûþòîÒéÆÒâ»ÒéÀÒü«ÒééÒü«Òü½ÒüÖÒéïÒü«ÒüÿÒéâ´¢×´╝üÒÇì

þØÇÒÇàÒü¿Òé¿ÒââÒé░Òâ×Òâ│Òü«Úçĵ£øÒü»Õ«ƒþÅ¥ÒüùÒüñÒüñÒüéÒéèÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

^

TSS: This is…I believe the third game adaption in the book to use the setting "Another Time, Another Place".
Do these stories all take place in the same universe?

IF: They could be ― call it the "SegaSonic Universe" if you like. Or they could each be their own zone. It's entirely up to the preference of the reader.

TSS: Are these stories basically meant to take place in the game canon?

IF: More or less, but it varies from project to project. The "Sonic and the Black Knight" tie-in was almost shot-for-shot, word-for-word the opening sequence so it's obviously the same thing. "Sonic Colors" will be a little more liberal, but it's still true to the source, so you can take it as a retelling or a synopsis.

TSS: Will we be seeing Orbot, Cubot, or Yacker in this adaption?

IF: Yes on all three counts!

TSS: Do you have to work under any special restrictions for these types of stories?

IF: Aside from the tighter deadline, we really have to be true to the SegaSonic art style and accurate to the story. For instance, I couldn't add Amy into the story if I wanted because she isn't in the Wii version, and that's the version we're adapting.

TSS: Back in the day, the comics use to reserve substantially more space for in-continuity adaptions of the games. Why don't we see those anymore? Might we ever see them again?

IF: Part of it stems from the game's having much bigger stories. The more involved the game plot, the harder it is to integrate it into the comic's plot. This ties directly into the next issue, which is time. We usually work six months ahead, and the game tie-ins are usually requested with much less time to work with. This means adjusting the publishing schedule, the story order, and taking the plot of the game and whatever's currently going on into account. Add on top of that the higher level of scrutiny since it's a direct tie-in story, and it simply becomes unfeasible to do stuff like the Sonic Adventure tie-ins. For now and the foreseeable future, we're sticking with the elegantly simple "Another Time, Another Place" option.

TSS: Many ask why the Archie comics do not simply base a comic in the game continuity, either as a reboot or as another series. Would you run into any problems ― beyond angry fans who enjoy the current comic canon ― with such a move? Would there be any restrictions writing a comic in the game canon that you don't currently work under in the comic's own canon?

IF: We've considered a SegaSonic companion book, but never seriously pursued it. The ArchieSonic canon is hard enough for new readers to keep track of without having a totally different canon to follow as well. "Sonic X" had a little bit of this problem, but we mostly solved it by making it very continuity light.

Additionally, SEGA is very protective of their material, and rightfully so. But that means the SegaSonic cast is perpetually stuck in their present characterizations. The ArchieSonic cast and world give us the means to tell compelling stories where individuals grow and develop. Come for the Sonic, stay for the story.

2-A game Sonic?! At least my composite profile can be used for a quick beta profile of it.

What´s next? Smash Bros being actually canon?

Tbh I don't see anything past a 2-B Game Sonic what with Solaris possibly affecting Maginaryworld, and even that's a small stretch to me.

You know, I tried looking for a better Ultra Sonic render. Not that the current one isn't good, it is, but I felt like there could've been a better one.

No such luck, though.

Back