• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@HERO Not... Really? There was more arguing as to whether it was an outlier or not rather than an actual evaluation. TataHakai tried to correct something, but Merlight seemingly countered it. That's the most I saw.

I can never stress it enough, I just want a damn MegaFoe Archie Sonic feat. Hell, even a KiloFoe or two would be good enough.

Why doesn't Froggy have a profile? He should be tier 0 from becoming giving birth to literally everything within the Sonic universe from a simple "ribbit" and each entity within said universe is an extension of himself.

Sonic Forces is the worst Sonic game I´ve ever played

Classic Sonic feels like with the garbage physics of Sonic 1 GBA, Modern Sonic feels even more linear than Wii Colors and OCs´ levels are too lame, even Shadow the Hedgehog did the platforming with a weapon mechanic far better.

And don´t make me start about the OST, it feels to repetitive after a while, and that is without mentioning how the game literally only lasts 2 hous to play and beat it. I also didlike the Sonic Lost World-esque HUD, it feels out of place.

In short, the game sucks so much to me I would rate it with a 6/10 only fo the graphics.

This sadly also shows that we are never going to get another game liek Generations ever again.

@Bobsician To be fair, 06 happened and a bunch of people claimed it was the end of Sonic. Then, y'know, Unleashed happened. I even liked the werehog bits too. Then Colors, then Generations. While some of the recent games could've been a lot better, I think Sonic's worst as of now is being mediocre.

Boom was the last actual bad Sonic game. Forces was bleh, Lost World was also meh, and Boom: Fire and Ice was also meh.

@HERO Since Christmas has been done for two months, I figured it was time to stray away from Grinchski. He'll be dearly missed.

UltimateFlare said:
@Bobsican So you just played Forces now? Like bought it recently?
I played it a few weeks after release for my Switch (mainly because I saw it quite cheap), then I kinda regret it after seeing (insert my before-mentioned complaints here) and stuff like how Chaos and Zavok were pure bait

Well, this would be a great time to bring up a general question: What would be (in your opinion) the Sonic game to, in a sense, "end all, be all"? Like, if SEGA was threatened with "if you don't make a game that gets at least a 8.5-9/10 rating across the board, we're shutting your franchise down", what would you put in it? PERSONALLY:

-Open/HUB World. But not like Generations or Unleashed, but more so closer to how Sonic Adventure did it. EXCEPT there would be 2 worlds to go to: Blaze's world & Modern Sonic's world. I imagine Modern Sonic's world rivaling Breath of the Wild in terms of exploration with locations being spread out greatly to compliment the boost mechanic while being filled with many easter eggs and locations we've seen in the past mixed in with entirely original locations. Of course, there could be some enemies along the way that would try to get your path. When you arrive to said locations, there's a warp ring to jump through whic takes you to the levels. There would also be places & objects that only certain characters can use and get to which brings my next thing.

-USE THE DAMN CAST. The characters I would like to be playable are: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Amy, Cre- you know what, just most Sonic Forces cast (except Charmy/Vector) except individually if you like. You can have the optio of having 2 other people to occupany you, but also if you just wanna be able to switch between characters on some select screen which would take you into a different "phase" where some characters in off locations are swapped out if that makes any sense.

-Gameplay styles. I don't know why SEGA never thought of this, but they don't have to change Sonic's gameplay style, just use the cast. Sonic would have the boost mechanic mixed in with Lost World moves (so he can spin dash or boost whenever he wants), Shadow would pretty much be like Sonic, but with the mix of being able to use vehicles + his chaos abilities like Chaos Control/Spear/Blast, Knuckles would be "Beat Em' Ups" with a mix of treasure hunting and getting from point A to point B, Tails would be doing more aerial obstacles + fixing machines (he is a mechanic) in a similar way to Marvel Spider-Man's lab missions, Rouge would definitely be stealth missions + solving puzzles + treasure hunting (I know these sound annoying, but fitting, no?), Omega's gameplay...come on now, you already know: straight destruction & beat em ups, Espio would be stealth missions + getting from point A to point B, Silver use the boost mechanic and would be solving puzzles + Beat em ups + an occassional aerial mission, Blaze would basically have the boost mechanic + Beat em ups, Amy is just straight beat em ups + getting from point A to point B. Basically all characters get a beat up level at least once, but like the werehog section, more like fast paced as shit action.

-Story. Anything like the tones from the following games: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Unleashed, either storybook games or (please don't hate me) Sonic 06. I miss edgy Sonic, please stop with the comedic act. Although, at least Forces tried. Should take you at least 2-3 days to complete the story.

-Music. Crush 40. 'Nuff said

-Unleashed's upgrade system. I can't be the only one that misses this. If you're gonna have a cast of characters, to me, it makes sense to have an upgrade system to improve their abilities so therefore it gives people a reason to keep playing. For example, upgrade Sonic's speed, you'll get to locations much faster or upgrade the distance of which Shadow's chaos blast reaches.

'-'Bring back forgotten characters. Emerl, Honey the Cat, Mighty & Ray (in 3D), Gemerl, Mecha Sonic, etc.

-Character development. Depussify Tails. Give other characters spotlight.

-Animatio. Like Wreck It Ralph Sonic with every character being animated with tons of emotion and cartoony movement that express their personality.

-Pacing of development. Please let someone patient and responsible head the development. Someone who isn't gonna try to rush everyone to complete the game to meet a deadline. This was the main problem with 06. No, I don't just mean take 4 years to develop the engine then 1 year for the game

-Level desig. Sonic Heroes is, in my personal opinion, the best example to what you should expect from 3D Sonic level. Many paths to take while you're moving at high as speeds, fun little gimmicks like flying on a flower, etc.

OOF, I'm sorry if you read all that.

The end all be all Sonic game would be where I can save the world with Sonic with my original character!

tbh, Forces would've been a bit better if Classic Sonic wasn't jammed in like he was.

@DaBoi I just feel some ideas of "The Perfect Sonic Game" only can happen in fangames that somehow had a budget, because yo can go off the ***** there

Since I don't feel it's easy to do with an official game, especially with putting it in a situation like that

Plus Sega has other sources of income aside of Sonic but he is a very good cash cow, so i't unlikely a threat like will affect them that much aside from losing said cash cow

Back