• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks. The goal of this CRT is to establish several things:

• 1. 5-A Base Sonic Buff (applies to all)
  • 2. Additional High 5-A stuff (applies to Sonic and Eggrobo)
  • 3. No more 5-A Super Forms
5-A Base Cast
This should be fun.

To solidify my points here I will go in chronological order of events.

In Sonic Adventure, we are introduced to Adventure Sonic and co. At this time, the characters can scale to people that have single Chaos Emeralds on them, such as Chaos, who absorbs numerous Chaos Emeralds yet can still be defeated by the likes of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, and this is further apparent when they battle Emerl after he's taken energy from the Emeralds.

A single Chaos Emerald is shown to have several casual 5-B feats, including one feat where it can shift a continent back into place, which is less than .1 yottaton from 5-A. Similarly, a single Chaos Emerald can detonate the planet.

Why would this be 5-A? Well...

• 1. We generally accept splitting the planet into several pieces as low-end 5-A
  • 2. Eggman performed this feat (via Chaos Control) with malicious intent. Negative Chaos Energy and planet-busting...where have I seen this before? Point is, whenever the world has been split into several pieces by Negative Chaos Energy, it's usually done in the same 5-A fashion that would put a single Chaos Emerald at 7 yottatons.
Therefore, the Adventure Cast would be 5-A (7 yottatons), but there's more.

Sonic gets more powerful over time. This eventually leads to him fighting the Nega Wisp Armor, which is powered by Nega Wisps. These Wisps can create 5-A black holes (2.7 ninatons) which is 5-A+. This gives us two different keys of Adventure Sonic (5-A) and Modern Sonic (5-A+).

Finally, Sonic does eventually have to fight Infinite, who curbstomps him in their first fight. However, after 6 months of growing in power, Sonic challenges Infinite and defeats him. This means that Sonic could curbstomp his Pre-Forces self. He would most likely need another key to keep track of his power by this point.

Who scales to what? Here is everyone I can think of that needs to be altered AP-wise because of this upgrade.

5-A (7 yottatons) upgrade:

• Adventure Sonic
  • Adventure Tails
  • Adventure Knuckles
  • Adventure Amy Rose
  • Adventure Shadow
  • Adventure Rouge
  • E-123 Omega
  • Adventure Metal Sonic
  • Chaos Emerald (single)
  • Cream
  • Big
  • Adventure Vector
  • Adventure Charmy
  • Adventure Espio
  • Gamma
  • Mecha Knuckles
  • Chaos (all forms)
  • Biolizard
  • Emerl
  • E-101 Beta
  • E-105 Zeta
  • Gemerl
  • Black Doom
  • Mephiles
  • Iblis
  • Imperator Ix
  • Shade
  • Erazor Djinn
  • Egg Golem
  • The Ifrit
  • Jet
  • Wave
  • Storm
  • King Arthur
  • Metal Sonic 3.0
  • Sir Lancelot
  • Merlina
  • Silver
  • Blaze
  • Mephiles
  • Dark Gaia, Chip and the Werehog (this is a weird case because while they should all be 5-A, there's no definitive placement as to if they're 2.7 ninatons or just above 7 yottatons)
  • Excalibur Sonic (can harm a foe that base Sonic couldn't scratch)
5-A+ (2.7 ninatons) upgrade:

• Pre-Forces Modern Sonic
  • Modern Tails
  • Modern Knuckles
  • Modern Amy Rose
  • Modern Metal Sonic
  • Modern Silver
  • Modern Blaze
  • Modern Big
  • Modern Vector
  • Modern Espio
  • Modern Charmy
  • Possibly the Custom Hero (Sonic Forces)
  • E-123 Omega
  • Nega Wisp Armor
  • Perfect Chaos (can fight Sonic in Sonic Generations)
  • Zazz
  • Zavok
  • Zeena
  • Zomom
  • Zor
  • Master Zik
Can stomp 5-A+ upgrade:

• Post-Forces Modern Sonic
  • Infinite
  • Death Egg Robot (Sonic Forces)
Let's hope that goes over smoothly and move onto higher stuff;

High 5-A Keys
The Eggrobo in Sonic Lost World can create black holes of this magnitude, through the energies from the Extractor.

In the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World, Sonic obtains these energies to fight the Eggrobo, making this no longer an outlier.

So far we're giving Sonic separate Adventure, Pre-Forces, Post-Forces and Extractor Energy keys...Jeez. Oh, and the Eggrobo should now be High 5-A with casual 5-B and 5-A feats.

No more 5-A Super forms
The argument that Super forms are minimum 5-A is because Super Sonic fought Perfect Chaos, who was amped by the Negative Chaos Energy at 7 yottatons. This is wrong for a few reasons.

• 1. Negative Chaos Energy doesn't have a minimum or maximum power. Any time one uses Chaos Energy for their own will with malicious intent or negative emotions, they're tapping into the power of Negative Chaos Energy and turning those thoughts and emotions into power. In theory, a 9-C character could pick up a Chaos Emerald and use Chaos Control through Negative Chaos Energies, but that wouldn't suddenly make them 5-A with a Chaos Emerald. Yes, performing 5-A feats with a Chaos Emerald is possible; no, it is not a minimum.
  • 2. Super Sonic was stomping Perfect Chaos. When one character stomps another, we do not assume that to be their minimum strength in any regard. Perfect Chaos only ever harms Super Sonic through game mechanics regardless. We know this because: A.) Super Sonic is Invulnerable and B.) Super Sonic was draining his negative energies throughout the fight passively. If Perfect Chaos doesn't have the means to keep up, he shouldn't be able to reasonably harm Super Sonic, which was out of the picture to begin with because of A.
Finally, time to address some contradictions I know will inevitably be brought up.

Addressing arguments
If the Adventure Cast was 5-A, why couldn't they defeat Perfect Chaos without the Chaos Emeralds?

Partially because Perfect Chaos is 2.7 ninatons into 5-A and they're only 7 yottatons, and also partially because Super Sonic needed to drain Chaos' negativity to pacify him.

Why didn't Sonic just defeat Dark Gaia in his base form?

Because Dark Gaia was narratively stronger. He transcends 7 yottatons vastly, but we have no evidence to put him at 2.7 ninatons. That's why Sonic attacked his eyes.

Sonic beat the Eggrobo in his base form

Which was an outlier. The only reason we can even assume the High 5-A key is because of the Extractor Energy on the 3DS.

The Eggrobo's black hole and the Nega Wisp Armor's black holes are outliers

No evidence leads to this and Sonic's passive growth supports that they aren't.

In Sonic Generations, Sonic has to attack Perfect Chaos' brain, which is a weakpoint

Firstly, weakpoints aren't infinitely weaker than the rest of the body. Secondly, Chaos' forms are all made of pure energy, so Sonic going through his body means he has to blast through all of his energy and tank it just to smack his brain.

Sonic got one-shot by the giant Hyper-Go-On black hole

Because he doesn't resist black hole creation very well.

Conclusion
All Adventure to Chronicles characters are 5-A (7 yottatons), Modern characters are 5-A+ (2.7 ninatons) including Perfect Chaos, Post-Forces Modern characters are 5-A+ to the point of stomping the Modern Characters. Sonic needs his Werehog and Excalibur keys at 5-A, and he needs separate Adventure, Pre-Forces, Extractor Energy and Post-Forces keys. Anyone who is minimum 5-A with Super form scaling should go back to 4-A, or 2-C, or somethin'.

Im neutral.

Waiting for the inevitable revision that will make every Sonic character tier 4 cause the Sonic fans are never satisfied.

Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, Ray, maybe Chaos, Biolizard, Imperator Ix, Mecha_Sonic, Gemerl, and Heavy Kingshould be at least 4-A because they're Chaos Emerald users, Master Emerald users or real Phantom Rubyusers. Infinite only used the Phantom Ruby Prototype, which explains why he scales to base Characters.

Mother Wisp, Dark Gaia, Chip, and Super Egg Robot are fodder. Mother Wisp has planetary statements and Sonic was never trying to hurt her. Dark Gaia got one shot by Super Sonic and Chip is weaker than Gaia. The super Egg Robot is featless and could be just a robot. In the Sonic Unleashed opening when Sonic used his Super Form because a robot was stronger than his base form. These characters can be at least High 5-A since Sonic was comfortable fighting the Eggrobo in lost world.

Black Doomand Metal Sonic are the only non Emerald users that are legitimate threats. Eggman thought that only the Chaos Emeralds can take Metal down and Eggmanland said that there's no need to hold back against Black Doom.

Op seems fine, if this gets accepted then the final bosses would be 4-A again, or at least most of them

@Zamasu, the Mother Wisp has a 4-B calc

>mfw Sonic gets three new keys and they're all variations of Base

I agree with this, nice work!

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a few weeks before the thread is concluded

Seems legit.I'll look over the calcs again tho.

Also if your here just to berate Sonic fans trying to upgrade get out or shut up because your honestly causing a bigger problem than anyone here trying to upgrades Sonic.Also complaining about Sonic and his fans still won't negate how OP he is ;)

There really doesn't need to be 4 new keys added to Sonic.

Just give everyone a Modern key. Don't know about a Post-Forces key for Sonic, though i'm leaning to agree with it.

2.7 Ninatons isn't 5-A+.

Sonic shouldn't have that High 5-A key. Unlike a super form or one of Sonic's other transformation, that one is just him using the energy from one of Eggman's robots, which stays for literally less than a minute.

I disagree with the 2.7 ninatons thing because Sonic used the final Color Blaster to finish off the Nega Wisp Armor. It's basically the same situation as lost world 3DS.

I know they haven't shown it in awhile, but would Post-Forces Super Sonic be stronger than Pre-Forces Super Sonic?

Pre-Forces Super Sonic fought Solaris.

I apologize in advance for the 5-A+ statement. I realize my error.

@Zamasu I said characters like Metal Sonic and Biolizard should be 5-A in their base forms. I agree that anyone that is Super or is a Super level threat should be 4-A to 2-C.

@Tipper Be quiet. You're the reason so many threads and casual people get shut down. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you should insult someone, and your parents should've taught you that. If you're not contributing to the conversation in ANY way, leave.

@CrimsonStarFallen That's what I'm doing: giving everyone a Modern key. This includes Sonic. He has Adventure, Modern (Pre-Forces) and Modern (Post-Forces). These are all necessary as they are huge power jumps for the character. Furthermore, you haven't presented any argument against the Extractor Energy key and I see no reason why we should discard that.

@Zamasu Regarding the Final Color Blaster, as Maverick said, it was just a finishing move.

Sonic obtains these energies

^ Again, he did the same thing against the Eggrobo.

How would this change anything? These are different situations no less. With the Hyper-Go-On Energies, Sonic was amped, just like if he had a Chaos Emerald. It makes him stronger, it doesn't contradict scaling.

The Eggrobo situation is totally different as it would've been an outlier if he hadn't obtained the energies.

"Furthermore, you haven't presented any argument against the Extractor Energy key and I see no reason why we should discard that."

The fact that he has it for less than a minute and that it doesn't give him anything new.

If that gains a key, Final Color Blaster should also get one.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Sonic's last attack against the Eggrobo was using the extractor energy. Sonic's last attack against the Nega Wisp Armor was final Color Blaster.

If base Sonic can't scale to high 5-A because he used last minute Extractor energy, then how come Sonic would scale to the 2.7 ninatons if he also used a last minute attack which was the Final Color Blaster?

That's the literal definition of double standards.

Yes, the Sonic would scale to the Nega Wisp Armor.

The problem here is that your own inability to understand my argument is the only basis you have. You're strawmanning me and accusing me of double standards, which is both wrong and low.

Sonic would have more strength with the Final Color Blaster, but not an entirely different tier. That's why Extractor Energy is a key and FCB isn't. Furthermore Zamasu, I've already told you the answers to your questions. Stop bringing this to ad nauseum and backtracking.

The reason Sonic doesn't scale to the Eggrobo in base is because it is an outlier. The Nega Wisp Armor is consistent with other 5-A feats, just to a higher degree. And before you say there's a large gap, remember that the gap between tiers is far higher and can't be assumed here. The Nega Wisp Armor feat can be assumed, and the Eggrobo would be irrelevant without the Extractor powering Sonic at the end.

So no, Zamasu. It is not the "literal definition" of double standards.

I'll follow this, but I don't think I know enough to contribute in any helpful manner.

Couldn't the Extractor thing be listed in Modern Sonic's key? ("5-A, High 5-A with Extractor Energy")

Ok, so i see now what's happening.

The 2.7 Ninaton feat isn't actually 2.7 Ninaton. It's 27 Ninatons, which is High 5-A.

Ex put it as 5-A because that was before the cosmic tier revisions.

That would put the EggRobo calc at 36 Ninatons.

So yeah.

Zamasu Chan said:
You do realize the gap between the Wisp calc and the EggRobo calc is only a 1.3x difference? None of them are dwarf star level and they're both literally thousands of times stronger than the continent shifting feat.

These feats are are too close together, so why isn't it double standards again?
Your argument for double standards was for the FCB being needed like the Extractor Energy for the Nega Wisp Armor, or I'm just assuming one to be an outlier and the other supposedly consistent feat to not be an outlier.

However, it isn't double standards, as those are entirely different situations with the FCB and Extractor Energy, and a single Nega Wisp isn't 27 ninatons, it's 2.7 ninatons, or 2714 yottatons as shown in the calc. Re-calc the joules if you have to. The difference is too vast between High 5-A and 5-A for the former to not be an outlier.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Ok, so i see now what's happening.

The 2.7 Ninaton feat isn't actually 2.7 Ninaton. It's 27 Ninatons, which is High 5-A.

Ex put it as 5-A because that was before the cosmic tier revisions.

That would put the EggRobo calc at 36 Ninatons.

So yeah.
No, Eggrobo is 36 ninatons, Nega Wisp is 2.7 ninatons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back