• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zamasu You need a but more input here, I think.

Again, why not have all 4 ratings? There's not really any harm in using the 4-A from the Final Egg Blaster when they were powered by the Chaos Emeralds. And the 4-A feat coming from preperation doesn't seem right, it seems more like Eggman needing to build something to harness the power of the Emeralds rather than prep to achieve the power in general. Besides, the 2-C feat required no preperation whatsoever aside from a kiss to bring Sonic back to life.

At least 5-A to 4-A to Low 2-C to 2-C seems to work just fine.

Real quick the Final Egg Blaster wasn't powered by any emeralds ( they were all in Emerl at the time) the whole reason Eggman made the blaster was to lure Emerl to his side and give up all the emeralds.

@Js Really? There are a lot of people that say the FEB was powered by the Chaos Emeralds, including posts/calcs that date back years ago.

Yeah, the Egg blaster was just a prep time not related to the Chaos Emeralds in anyway. It shouldn't even be compared to the Chaos Emeralds; may be at a higher tier than the low end Chaos Emeralds and lower than the peak conditioned Chaos Emeralds, but it really doesn't scale to anyone. The only real purpose was basically just to awaken Ultimate Emerl; it's not really weapon used for flexible combat nor possesses any sort of hax properties.

Eggman was still looking for the Chaos Emeralds when doing that whole thing with the FEB. Shouldn't the current justification still suffice for the 4-A rating regardless?

I already explained above the case for that in detail. Eggman is not looking for anything to use for destruction purposes, he's interested in the Reality Warping and the fuel source bits. And his final goal is to establish himself as the greatest scientist, not to destroy the planet. He doesn't need Chaos Emeralds to destroy the planet to be fair.

Either way, the various end game bosses still can't really scale from the 4-A feat; not even Ultimate Emerl or Ultimate Gemerl, or Metal Sonic, ect. Negative Energy Chaos Emeralds are still only 5-A.

Eggman not looking to use the Emeralds for destruction purposes is a rather odd thing to say when he used them to blow up half the moon and split the planet in Sonic Advance 3.

Destroyed the Moon, but not the Earth. It was mostly used for scare in that instance; something he also couldn't do with the Egg Blaster the same way. And separating the Earth; yes, not completely destroying it.

ShakeResounding said:
@Zamasu You need a but more input here, I think.
Again, why not have all 4 ratings? There's not really any harm in using the 4-A from the Final Egg Blaster when they were powered by the Chaos Emeralds. And the 4-A feat coming from preperation doesn't seem right, it seems more like Eggman needing to build something to harness the power of the Emeralds rather than prep to achieve the power in general. Besides, the 2-C feat required no preperation whatsoever aside from a kiss to bring Sonic back to life.

At least 5-A to 4-A to Low 2-C to 2-C seems to work just fine.
^Can we just let this happen and call it a day? Thread's been going on way to long and if it doesn't get accepted, someone's gonna make another attempt to downgrade, blah blah blah, rinse and repeat. Just say 5-A Super forms via Dark Gaia, 4-A via the emeralds (you know, those gem stones that are REPEATEDLY stated to be the most powerful items in this verse and even allow Super users to go toe-to-toe against universe level beings, used to blow the moon apart, split the earth open twice, power super badniks like Silver Sonic and so on?) supposedly being superior to the Final Egg Blaster, Low 2-C via Rush and 2-C via Solaris or whatever other reasoning y'all can think of. At this point, the downgrades are getting dull.

You guys cool with that? I'm cool with that.

I debunked this thrice before and due to health issues preventing me from being argumentative like I used to be, three is my limit.

There is enough support for At least 5-A. Up to 2-C at their peak spanning several threads.

The Low 2-C stuff only scales to Classic and Modern Sonic from Generations, not Rush since Zamasu said: I think your right about the Egg Salamander. Eggman probably needed it's full power to merge two dimensions into one. Shadow, Silver and Blaze does not get it, but they have to 2-C.

Also most of the other final bosses got their 4-A part removed, the only ones that have it are 16: Super Sonic [Classic and Modern], Knuckles, Tails, Mighty, Ray, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Mecha Sonic, Metal Overlord, Ultimate Gemerl and the Emeralds [Chaos, Sol, Hyper and Master].

Uhh? Bump? Also I'm gonna completely edit the OP with the main topic at large now. Just give me a few.

I've gone over the 4-A stuff quite a bit, it'd be redundant if I repeated myself.

Besides, a feat happening once doesn't immediately discredit it. Many people scale to a one-time feat, the 4-A feat isn't some bizarre thing considering it can reach 2-C. Speaking of which, saying Eggman wanted the Emeralds due to Tier 2 is as headcanon-y as saying he wanted it for hax. We don't know what he wanted it for, but the FEB is specifically stated to be below the Chaos Emeralds. Him having prep time also doesn't discredit that, and most people that had the 4-A rating don't have it now.

The OP looks good.

And again, nobody actually tanks the FEB. And the problem isn't just it being a random mid end feat, but rather that it was never used for combat and not consistent with the low end bosses. And it's not headcanon, it's literally what Eggman's ultimate goal is. It's not to destroy any planets or stars, it's to rule over the world as the greatest scientist in the world. Chaos Emeralds do far more than just destruction; it can also be used to fix damage among other things as well as generate electricity, fuel, ect.

@DDM Except it's stated in the manual of Sonic Advance that Eggman intends to gain "unimaginable power" with them (the image with Sonic, Tails, etc.)

Maybe his intent isn't to destroy the world, but he obviously sees the Chaos Emeralds as legitimately overall more powerful than the FEB. Him gaimimg said power wouldn't necessarily means he wants to destroy everything, it could mean he simply wants the power so nobody could stop him from doing what he wants.

@Shake none of the 4-A stuff matters when tier 2 and hax exists. It also has nothing to do with the variable energy output of the chaos emeralds. Even the space colony ark needs all 7 chaos emeralds meaning that 5-A is the bare minimum tier.

Yes, but that doesn't mean the Chaos Emeralds have more "Firepower" 24/7; it just means they're more important to his final goal overall. Which doesn't really have anything to do with Tier in the traditional sense, it just means the Chaos Emeralds have more potential in other ways than just pure destruction. Additionally, the Tier of the Chaos Emeralds can vary from Tier 5 to Tier 2; so it is the Tier 2 end that does have "More Power." Just because Character A is above Character B in terms of power, doesn't mean every breath character A does has more firepower than character B's ultimate attack.

I agree with removing the 4-A reaosning tbf, would rather have the Egg Wizard powerscaling than that since they fought it.

Literally no different than how the time stones (to freely travel in the past) hax are treated as his end goals, outright powerscaling the Chaos Emeralds to his weapon and not based on their own feats seems faulty since they do more than unleash destructive energy, they have time and space hax applications which he's used chaos control to split the Earth.

like DDM said too, its also done through charged (prep) attack, which complicates it further

Saying "Your thread is shit now" was a little harsh. And I think the Tier 2 stuff is already discussed and agreed that no downgrades needed. It's mostly just the 4-A ratings being removed is the only thing left.

Literally every time Eggman gets the Emeralds he uses them as a battery and dosn't use their hax at all, besides in Sonic Advance 3 where he uses Chaos Control. To break the planet. So he's really still not using them for hax. Eggman has never tried to use the emeralds to stop time or teleport or anything like that. He's the type of person that really only cares about power. Also, Eggman's stronger mechs (I.E. ones that fight super forms) should be compareable to the Final Egg Blaster.

@Zamatsu Chan

Congratulations on getting your first CRT through, even if I HEAVILY disagree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back