• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oblivion Lightning said:
Although I'm in no place of authority to say so I do believe the thread should be concluded immediately as it's just creating problems and hostility and the arguments presented have been debunked by Shadow already and while Ever's input is important he just stated there was no proof of Maginary World being 2-B which is false.Shadow honestly makes the best case here and a lot more people support his claims than are against.
This!

At this rate, we'll get the 2-B rating via all the threads that have spawned from the continual debates revolving the Sonic franchise.

Horrible joke aside, I've noticed a deep seated downplay of several franchise's on this site (GoW, DMC, Sonic etc,) where some peeps simply refuse to accept the universal scaling for those franchise's and I don't know why?.

It's determined by moderators and yes sometimes the system isn't perfect as everyone has different perspectives on different things and the way we interpret things.This site isn't perfect and no vs site will ever be this is the more accurate of the bunch tho.Anyway the 2-B stuff will likely be concluded as the Illumina downgrade is falling apart and the people against are making the best cases and the people for it are restating the same debunked argument and using the word of an off site person as the basis of their argument.

Let's reach a consensus as debating the topic is going to go nowhere no matter what.The sides stated their positions on Illumina's teiring and this needs to be concluded.If there's really that big of an issue a CRT can be made to change the teiring again

All in favor of 2-B Sonic please state so

I'm in favor

Usually we don't go by votes but at this point it's the only possible way to reach a consensus.

"For more info check out the Illumina downgrade thread"

I'm in favor for the upgrade

Actually, it's being continued here. And it's still the important thing before going through with this.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Actually, it's being continued here. And it's still the important thing before going through with this.
The problem is that debating isn't going to go anywhere and Ant told me to message him when we get a majority consensus which he will be the judge of.I'll continue debating the Illumina stuff but a lot of people have claimed they support 2-B Sonic and the reasonings Shadow,Neon and all the others against the downgrade have provided are in agreement for 2-B Sonic.The previous thread also keeps talking about 4-A stuff which has no main prevalence on the topic at hand and the only counter to the Main argument is "world doesn't equal to Universe" which I know and doesn't debunk the point at all.

Antvasima isn't too invested in the thread and often feels too overworked to evaluate; and "Majority consensus" doesn't mean the majority of the votes. Anyway, The Real Cal Howard actually gave reasons and sources. Maginary World being "The Universe" doesn't prove any of the Boards inside are Dreams. In fact, each Board/Dream is merely a fraction of the Maginary World's size. Maginary World in its entirety is the only thing that's been proven to be a Universe.

Frankly, at this point, I feel like giving up. After both GoW and DMC, it's clear to me that people care more about hyping up their favorite characters than accuracy. Heck, I'm no different, just look at the Pokémon ratings.

Just take 2-B.

No not at all.Lumina even states that the dreams exist separately from one another.An example would be a pocket dimension and since Maginaryworld a world dreamed by Illumina is if Universe sized so would every other dream world as it's defaulted to the size of the dream worlds.

Ant asked me to message him and I want to follow through with that and I'll make it known that he can answer only if he has time or if he's to busy he won't have to respond.

The real cal howard said:
Frankly, at this point, I feel like giving up. After both GoW and DMC, it's clear to me that people care more about hyping up their favorite characters than accuracy.
That's not the case.No one has provided any reasons that I haven't debunked yet that support the fact that Illumina is below 2-B and the majority agrees with me.

Yeah,Sonic is my favorite video game character/2nd favorite fictional character but I don't care about Sonic being stronger when I have an infinitely stronger version of him in the form of Archie Sonic.I care about accuracy and it's getting to the point where this upgrade is being held back by a never ending debate.

Anyway,I'm going to relax now after that huge ass history project.

The real cal howard said:
Frankly, at this point, I feel like giving up. After both GoW and DMC, it's clear to me that people care more about hyping up their favorite characters than accuracy. Just take 2-B.
Honestly thats quite harsh, I get that back in like, a year or so, DmC and GoW we're seen un-upgradable after the mountain sized discussion, but imagine If one of the first bureaucrats of the wiki disapprove even the most reasonable of upgrades, like 4-B Cell, Tier 2 Pokemon, etc... back in 2012, only because he opposed the series.

It wouldnt feel right nor fair, but you cant do anything because he is the highest staff position and you are, say, a normal user back at that time, even If those tiers sound reasonable due to the jump in tiers you can make excuses about it because he just doesnt want them to be that high, thats why it feels that we are just hyping things up, previously in-accomplishable upgrades, now even average users without much support from staff can win those type of debates.

It sounded harsh on purpose. I'm jaded and pessimistic and my vibe is all but killed at this point. Staff are no better than normal users. That's for sure. And staff can also wank. Just look at my many many attempts at 3-A Kirby. It's great hat anybody can get an upgrade now but now it's also came to a point that anybody with enough fans of a series can just get enough people to say something to get it. I can guarantee if I waited until now to upgrade Kirby he'd be 3-A. I ain't innocent in this at all. I'm just tired at this point. Unless something changes my mind (or more realistically, I get some sleep and regret what I'm posting) you don't have to worry about me on any Sonic CRTs anymore. Get to 1-B for all I care.

Matt did say that 3-A Kirby or Zelda actually sounds a lot more reasonable than 3-A Dante; that doesn't mean those are legit. But yeah, fanbases can get really toxic but that's not really a good enough reason to just give up.

@Cal I didn't intend to cause you any stress on that thread, and if I did I apologize for it. Even if we've disagreed on stuff, I do consider you a friend on here, and on a site about VS debating, it's only natural that we would all argue who would win and how characters should be rated. That's just part of the fun on being here, you want to find ways to upgrade the characters you like or hell, downgrade a character you think is wanked, which is what makes this wiki thrive. Yeah, all of this debating has gotten me exhausted but I just want to remind you that it's all good between us.

Wait, I thought I was commenting on this thread when someone was talking about something being different dimentional levels.

Where the hell did I comment?

EDIT: Wait nevermind. I thought this was the Illumina Downgrade thread. Why is my memory so trash...

AFAIK 4-A Sonic was solely scaling off the Final Egg Blaster when there was no really no reason to aside from "Super Sonic is probably more powerful than it".

It was also redundant with the 2-C (possibly soon to be 2-B) stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back