• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was that the statements there clearly indicate towards what 06 was originally used as, suddenly changing up the cosmology even via a retcon seems off. Wokistan's refute still has the same exact problem, for all we know the reboot itself is based off the timeline reset with Solaris' flames blown away but who knows. Sonic team clearly doesn't care anything about continuity.

Eggman didn't just say that the PoTS was superior, he said he never imagined such power even existed. You gotta remember that Eggman was in the Maginaryworld and the Precious Stone, automatically making the Egg Wizard > Precious Stone. Eggman also knows that the Emeralds together can destroy the two dimensions so there's meaning he knows baseline 2-C destruction exists.

Point is, The Egg Wizard's power is beyond even Eggman's imagination. Eggman a seen some crazy shit, so there's no way that the Egg Wizard isn't 2-B, let alone baseline.

The problem is, Sonic Team doesn't really care about power scaling. People tried using that as a basis for Infinity being 2-B, but that was dismissed as a hyperbole. Pretty sure Power of the Stars is the same case and it lacks feats putting it any higher than 2-C.

@DarkDragonMedeus Infinite was said to be the "strongest villain Sonic's ever faced" but yeah, that was just to hype him up and he is definitely not stronger than Solaris, as he lost to Base Sonic.

They probably did it as a way of demonstrating Infinite's giant ego on how he thinks he's all powerful when he's basically nothing without the Phantom Ruby.

I'm remaining neutral on the Egg Wizard.

No DMM, this is even close to the same thing as the Infinite situation. All of that "Infinite is the stronkest" mumbo jumbo was just promotional material that was never stated in game.

The PoTS however, sustains all parallel worlds, strong enough to take on at least 2 Supers at max power, and was stated, in game, to have power beyond imagination after Eggman seen the Precious Stone.

Why should Sonic scale to the Power of the Stars. It is explicitely stronger than the Chaos Emeralds and neither Sonic nor Blaze matched Eggman Nega with it at full power.

I'm not sure what you mean by "neither Sonic nor Blaze" matched Eggman Nega with it at full power, since Super Sonic and Burning Blaze beat the Egg Wizard. Yeah, they teamed up, but that doesn't mean they are so drastically below the Power of the Stars individually they shouldn't scale.

Stronger people can just lose fights via it not being stronger enough to stomp them. Skill feats exist, and having a second person is a pretty big advantage.

@Wok It's an advantage, but you still need to be at least somewhat comparable otherwise you'd can't harm them at all. I could have 100 people try to bring down a building by punching it and it would do absolutely nothing.

So maybe power of the stars just isn't as strong as he thought it was, or the robot isn't properly able to harness it. I don't think people can really build machines to properly utilize amounts of power they can't even imagine, that statement sounds a lot more hyperbolic than the solaris ones considering what actually happened.

Solaris and the Egg Wizard are completely different situations. With Solaris, Eggman laments Solaris bringing the end of everything, which would include him not surviving it, so he'd have less reason to exaggerate there, while with the Egg Wizard Eggman is clearly excited about the prospect of finding a shiny new toy that he can use to try to defeat Sonic once and for all.

Of course, there's also Eggman likely not remembering Solaris in Rush Adventure as the events of 06 were reset after the flame was blown out.

@Wokistan

Technically, Eggman had Eggman-Nega helping him, so it was a pretty even fight.

As for the "maybe it wasn't able to harness the power of the stars properly" thing. We don't know that for sure, so it isn't fair to make assumptions based off of that. Also, throwing Eggman and Eggman Nega into a general categorization as "People" isn't really fair to them. Compared to normal "people" and even especially smart people, they'd still be the smartest people on the planet by far, in their sleep. So regardless of what "people" can do, I think it is safe to say Eggman and Eggman Nega are exceptions.

So here's what I have to say regarding the Rush stuff.

1) After some off-thread discussion, I change my stance on the Egg Wizard being 2-B from neutral to agreeing with it. I typed up a new AP justification here.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
How about this for Egg Wizard?

Attack Potency: Multiverse level (Obtained the Power of the Stars, which sustains the existence of parallel universes in the Sonic-verse along with their space-time. Eggman stated its power was unimaginable even after knowing about the Precioustone)
2) Eggman saying the Power of the Stars is superior to the Chaos Emeralds is because he doesn't remember Solaris as the events of Sonic 06 were erased. Sonic Rush Adventure comes after 06. With Solaris, the other 2-B feat not factored in, Eggman's claim would make sense.

3) The Egg Salamander, while not being related to the 2-B discussion should be downgraded from 2-C to Low 2-C.

>Eggman's non-comparison to the Prescioustone despite encountering it once and not used combatively is seen as legit.

>Eggman's direct comparison to the Chaos Emeralds with multiple run-ins with it is seen as illegitimate.

Yeah, I don't think I have to say my siding.

Egg Salamander should go all the way down to 5-A as creating a dimension for a theme park isn't tier 2 by default.

Not exactly. The Chaos Emeralds didn't show any 2-B feats until Solaris.

As for the Egg Salamander comment.

"Then we can create our own dream world. It'll be an Eggmanland beyond this dimension."

Seeing as how dimensions in Sonic games refer to universes, it containing a theme park is pretty much an irrelevant association.

Cal Eggman didn't just directly compare the Power of the Stars to the Emeralds, he said he never even imagined such power even existed. Even knowing of the Precious Stone and his goal, in Sonic: Shuffle, was to obtain the Precious Stone.

So, mini-recap of what's being proposed currently for those who want a TL;DR

Solaris: 2-B upgrade. This seems to have the most agreement no matter what happens to any others scaling from it.

Super Trio: 2-B upgrade. Still under debate.

Egg Wizard: 2-B upgrade as well via Power of The Stars (justification above). Not sure how many agree/disagree just yet.

Egg Salamander: Downgrade from 2-C to Low 2-C. Seems straightforward.

Did I cover everything?

I think regardless of the power of the stars itself the egg wizard and blaze shouldn't scale to 2-B. If he could actually properly use it I don't think he'd call it a power source beyond imagination, it's a power source and as such not something that applies to literally everything he does (lest every force user be low 2-C, every psyker be 1-A) and he hasn't demonstrated any 2-B feats with it to substantiate the dubious scaling.

The first and second things I agree with

Egg Wizard makes sense and also makes 2-B Super Forms more consistant (Actually, I think it outright removes 2-C from them)

No clue about the Egg Salamander.

So, coming back to this again.

If the Egg Salamander is downgraded from 2-C to Low 2-C then Sonic loses 2-C completely, right?

Wokistan makes a good point about no one fully scaling from PotS and merely powered by a small portion of it. It's not a general assumption for everyone powered by the sun to be '''Star level'''.

@DDM People kinda already talked about how that kinda doesn't hold up, and while I hold no opinion on that, I see what you're trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back