• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solaris is an outlier. It's so much stronger than every other character's regular showings that it cannot be used to scale.

1. Solaris is between Low 2-C and 2-B, not 2-A.

2. Events within the own game contradict Solaris being able to tank what he can dish out.

3. It's been discussed many times that, even assuming Solaris can take what he can dish out and Sonic, Shadow, and Silver defeated him legitimately, it is a massive outlier compared to almost everything else in the franchise.

Oh and for the Non-Canonical shenanigans.

Sonic Generations PS3 - Part 15 ~ Crisis City ~ Act 01 02
Sonic Generations PS3 - Part 15 ~ Crisis City ~ Act 01 02

I don't recall Salamander or Wizard having any tier 2 feats. As for the Time Eater, the entity itself had the glaring weakness of being piloted by Eggman (Eggmen?...) and having a canon exploitable weakpoint, for the entity was pretty much mindless and did nothing without outside influence.

Wizard and Salamander was faced by 2 Super forms (Burning Blaze and Super Sonic), Salamander was eable to travel trough Dimensions, Wizard was capable of doing the same things as salamander, i think every one need to remember that the power of the Chaos Emerald is pretty much infinite, gems capable to control time, Mephiles was able to summon Solaris by the Emeralds, similar to what happens to Sonic, even that Time Eater had a weakness is pretty stupid, knowing that Eggman is a Super Genius, he was eable to create Dimensions, like in the final part where the Two eggmans was trpped in a white empty dimension.

Travelling through "dimensions" (universes) is not a Tier 2 feat. It doesn't qualify for any tier at all, really.

Basic time manipulation isn't Tier 2 either.

The Chaos Emerald are God like Gems ho control Time, they Write and Re-write Time

Have they been used on a universal scale before in a way that would clearly translate into AP?

I'm not sure how Egg Salamander fits into this but the Egg Wizard was powered by "The power of the Stars" which is what kept Sonic's universe and Blaze's universe from collapsing on each other.

I agree with Promestein and Azathoth.

I haven´t mentioned that Shadow says this in a part of the Battle vs Solaris:

"A Super-Dimensional being... Heh. This might even be a fair fight"

So... There is that!

Solaris is already Tier 2 and is referred to as a 4-dimensional being on its page, which would probably qualify for superdimensional but who knows because it's a made up term.

And, again, it's super inconsistent and a huge outlier to scale any Sonic characters to Solaris in the first place, regardless of whatever statements are made in the game.

@Prom I agree. Perhaps the "likely much higher" due to defeating Solaris should be removed from Sonic's profile as it is generally accepted as an outlier.

Talking about outlier, in VS Battle Wiki?, we have characters like Gomez and Frisk that jumps like 6-Tiers, why only with Sonic this Outlier is aplicated

Those aren't outliers. Those are justified occurrences that happen for clear reasons.

This is just Sonic jumping 3 tiers for no discernible reason.

@Ryu Probably, yes.

KarmodF said:
Talking about outlier, in VS Battle Wiki?, we have characters like Gomez and Frisk that jumps like 6-Tiers, why only with Sonic this Outlier is aplicated
they have a gradual power curve not a sudden spike of power with nothing even comparable to that feat happening after...

Frisk becomes stronger for reasons that are made clear in the game; Determination.

The Chaos Emeralds generally show much lower power than this case, so it is an outlier.

@Karm Super Sonic is not a brand new transformation (such as say SSG was when Goku performed his 3-B feat) Super Sonic is the same transformation, who has shown consistent limits to its power before and after then just jumped 3 tiers this instance for no given reason. It's like if Vegeta went Great Ape again and this time was able to do Tier 2 level feats and it was never explained why.

I believe that was already addressed.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
As for the Time Eater, the entity itself had the glaring weakness of being piloted by Eggman (Eggmen?...) and having a canon exploitable weakpoint, for the entity was pretty much mindless and did nothing without outside influence.

I've got something to say on this. The Chaos Emeralds, are artifacts that give "thoughts power". Couldn't it be that the Chaos Emeralds make the user strong enough to face foes that should be hilariously stronger than themselves, and wouldn't that mean that the user only taps into a portion of the chaos emeralds' power when activating it?

The emeralds have at least 3 -4 occasions were they have tier 2 showings of power the solaris, time eater and egg wizard and arguably the egg salamander i believe that the emeralds and super form in general should have a higer rateing but i dont think it will happen it seems to me that the emeralds grant the user as much power as needed to fight the enemy at hand but it is pointless to argue the point even though people such as mario got a massive power boost with no explanation in two instances and he gets his higer tier and then goes back to having troble with lower levels as to were sonic has had more occasion and gets nothing people just saying outlier and leaving it at that but when it is done multiple times it cant be an outlier but again it is pointless because the way they put unless sonic fights universe+- multi-verse enemies every game then any kind of up grade wont happen

The number of times the feat was done, hardly matters. It's that consecutive games show a much weaker scope of power, a scope of power more consistent with the general showings within the franchise hence making such ratings highly doubtful. I do believe this has been discussed before innumerable times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back