• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Son Goku should get instinctive reaction in his first key.
In this clip, Son Goku tries to attack Beerus, but then instinctively retreats back and he doesn't even mean to do it, Beerus says he would've killed him had he not retreated and says that his instinct saved him and even praises him and calls him a genius.
And here in this clip, after Bulma crashes into Son Goku with her car, she becomes angry and tries to attack him, but he instinctively dodges her attack when he didn't even mean to nor did he want to, and Goten even comments on how Goku never dodges Bulma's punches.
And this video shows more hints of Goku training his ultra instinct.
So Son Goku should get instinctive reaction in his first key and all other keys, significantly enhanced instinctive reaction in ultra instinct sign, and even greater instinctive reaction in perfected UI. This is amazing foreshadowing, these clips happened in ep 5 and ep 71 respectively.

Last edited:
Agreed. Though it should be relatively minor since this only occasionally activate (as in the show it was a forshadowing for Goku getting UI)

As for UI itself, I think it's pretty obvious that Perfected UI's instinctive reactions should be >>>>>> UIO's instinctive reactions

And it goes without saying that Whis' instinctive reactions are >>>>>>> Perfected UI's

Agreed. Though it should be relatively minor since this only occasionally activate (as in the show it was a forshadowing for Goku getting UI)

As for UI itself, I think it's pretty obvious that Perfected UI's instinctive reactions should be >>>>>> UIO's instinctive reactions

And it goes without saying that Whis' instinctive reactions are >>>>>>> Perfected UI's
It should still be good enough to be combat applicable, Goku would have straight up died if his last brain cell didn't pull the alarm.

it isnt really combat applicable, he used it like, in 2 episodes? he didnt used it in any other fight
The ability itself is pretty significant in the effect so it's not limited or minor, you don't give that to abilities that are rarely used, but to abilities that have weak in effect or different application I think, in this case it just isn't used often because they are probably waiting for the big reveal. But here is more evidence, this video shows some extra hints about UI.
Anyway I'll go to sleep now.

The ability itself is pretty significant in the effect so it's not limited or minor, you don't give that to abilities that are rarely used, but to abilities that have weak in effect or different application I think, in this case it just isn't used often because they are probably waiting for the big reveal. But here is more evidence, this video shows some extra hints about UI.
Anyway I'll go to sleep now.
Aigh its okay then

Looks good, although I agree with it being minor or limited.
Isn't minor or limited for abilities that have a limited or weaker effect or that are used in a different application? In this case Goku's application isn't minor, it saved him from death and called a genius for it, it's just used rarely which I don't think we give a limited or minor to abilities for. By the way I edited the OP with a new video.

I agree with this as we, however the minor or limited addition works in this case I'll leave to whatever is decided here ig
Isn't minor or limited for abilities that have a limited or weaker effect or that are used in a different application? In this case Goku's application isn't minor, it saved him from death and called a genius for it, it's just used rarely which I don't think we give a limited or minor to abilities for. By the way I edited the OP with a new video.
It's more like because Goku didn't demonstrate to act on instinct consistently and on a regular basis, but maybe it can work even without minor or limited.
Because this is above me(in the sense that idk how limited is determined and this seems to go both ways)😂however it's implemented there's still solid evidence for it at least being added so yeah

It's more like because Goku didn't demonstrate to act on instinct consistently and on a regular basis, but maybe it can work even without minor or limited.
Minor would be if say the instinctive reaction has a weak or minor effect but in this case it's not since Goku's effect is very significant since he would've died had he not acted instinctively. And I think limited is for powers that have a different or incomplete application of an ability though I don't think this applies to abilities that are rarely used, only if the abilities' effects itself is the limited not the abilities usage, but I've seen abilities that are rarely used or used once or something not be limited nor minor, but I could be wrong, I'm just speaking from experience.

it should be Minor for his earlier key
I addressed this, it shouldn't.
Minor would be if say the instinctive reaction has a weak or minor effect but in this case it's not since Goku's effect is very significant since he would've died had he not acted instinctively. And I think limited is for powers that have a different or incomplete application of an ability though I don't think this applies to abilities that are rarely used, only if the abilities' effects itself is the limited not the abilities usage, but I've seen abilities that are rarely used or used once or something not be limited nor minor, but I could be wrong, I'm just speaking from experience.

As long as it is "Limited Instinctive Reactions" it is probably fine.
It shouldn't be limited though, the effect is pretty significant and it's text book instinctive reaction, I don't see why it should be limited. I explained here.
2 staff agreed with this.

It does not seem like something that he had elaborate control over at this point in time, so limited is fine.

It does not seem like something that he had elaborate control over at this point in time, so limited is fine.
You can't "control" instinctive reaction, since well, it's instinctive, your body moves on it's own, you can't control when or how it happens or else it's not instinctive anymore. and it's not minor either since it did save his life and was even called a genius by beerus for it. Though 2 staff did agree to this already now 3 so is it safe to apply?

Yes, and please stop using semantics. Goku had to train a lot to properly develop this ability. It is not something that he could use regularly before that. Hence, I agree with Saman that Limited Instinctive Reactions is all that you will get accepted here. Sorry, but I don't have enough free time to continue to repeat myself over and over about that. Take it or leave basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back