• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku (4) vs Sister Friede (1)

Whoops forgot about the boss soul

Soullessness is the default state of the Unkindled, which is what Friede and the PC are. When she dies and resurrects, she'd end up losing the souls on her since that is what happens, doubly so because the PC absorbs the souls of those they kill.

Wokistan said:
Whoops forgot about the boss soul
Soullessness is the default state of the Unkindled, which is what Friede and the PC are. When she dies and resurrects, she'd end up losing the souls on her since that is what happens, doubly so because the PC absorbs the souls of those they kill.
Indeed. The PC would absorb her souls upon her first death and as such wouldn't have souls in her resurrected state. However... Goku doesn't do this?

Mr. Bambu said:
Fallacy. Ctrl + F "Vast Senses". It exists because I literally copied it word for word from there. It was linked above just like I'm linking now. Oof.

Grass probably does unironically. Friede's dead.

She can't resurrect indefinitely. Doing it once is enough. Discrediting it by "well its not infinite" isn't anything to counter having two lives to Goku's one.

They're an advantage in versatility and AoE, as said above as well.

Your recollection of the series is that they always win, however. I mean no offense in addressing this issue, but I have personally advocated to stay out of Dragon Ball fights specifically because people tend to take them for much more than they are and vote for the characters relatively blindly. I believe this issue can be fixed by addressing it.
AoE isn't an advantage of Friede's at all. And why are we back on Ki Sensing? Goku's had enhanced senses since he was young, dodging Lightning by purely his senses, you can't argue lightning somehow has ki.

When any of the unkindled die they lose their souls, regardless of what killed them.

Bambu is operating on this reply:

""However they portray it or write it is fine but AFAIK the site has long debunked his senses in that way and most of his things are sensing ki of enemies around him- ki that Friede lacks. ""

That Goku has for some reason forgotten his ability to use enhanced senses and has thus far haven't replied to my very lengthy comeback.

That ki sensing works on undead and gives Goku the win ignoring resurrection.

Hst master said:
Um where did she have her 1st self ress? Because looking at the boss fight It was dependant on the father I'd say her 1st Ress on her own was when she got her 2nd Scythe. Also her AoE honestly doesn't seem that impressive compared to Goku or her invisibility seeing as how her elemental slashes are still very much visible and readable. And even still he has Kiai to counter keeping her and her attacks away regardless. Also if hardpressed he absolutely will abuse his range and use ki attacks as shown with both 19(before he absorbed it) and Cell(Who threw up a barrier). He mixes his melee attacks with ki ones regardless. Heck Kamehameha is a guarantee usage at least once.

Afterimages will most certainly help, especially with opponents who aren't used to dealing with them.
^ Actually this is my reasoning. And also, why is her Resurrection even relevant? By SBA she'd already be in her Black Flame state.

Mr. Bambu said:
That ki sensing works on undead and gives Goku the win ignoring resurrection.
Ki Sensing doesn't give Goku the win, it, along with his enhanced senses as well, allow Goku to survive his encounter with Friede's invisible attacks by sensing her coming and proactively avoiding her attacks.

Also, no one is ignoring resurrection.

^

She has two lives, Goku doesn't. Ki sensing is questionable and Goku doesn't right-off-the-bat use other senses.

Also, yeah, people really are ignoring it since literally no counter has been suggested and people are voting blindly for Dragon Ball anyways.

Mr. Bambu said:
^

She has two lives, Goku doesn't. Ki sensing is questionable and Goku doesn't right-off-the-bat use other senses.

Also, yeah, people really are ignoring it since literally no counter has been suggested and people are voting blindly for Dragon Ball anyways.
Her "resurrection" works as if she has two lives - like if her first life is dead she revives into Black Flame Friede. Basically Goku fights her twice to secure a win. Or just consider her as having double durability but needs to take her down twice instead of applying the double AP attack once.

E.g. I stab you. You die. You resurrect. I stab you again. You are dead again.

Ki sensing will be tapped into once Goku is attacked and he cannot track his opponents even if we assume ki sensing is OOC normally or is not what Goku starts with.

Also are people voting for a Dragon Ball character blindly? I do not think so.

So we ignore the fact that she can just come back instantly by saying "yeah well goku can pawnch"

seems reasonable have a nice day

you misunderstand completely my point about ki sensing

what does that link have to do with this lol, I've literally seen people here vote Dragon Ball no matter what

Mr. Bambu said:
^

If he can Ki sense her, he doesn't need his other senses - he can't ki sense her and sees her become invisible, then he will rely on his enhanced senses to predict her movements, as he did with Hit. It's not that complicated.

And so what? Resurrecting one time isn't a complete game changer like you are making it out to be - it just makes the fight harder for Goku because he has to beat her twice. If she resurrected like five times, then I'd say you had a point because Goku would have grown too exhausted to fight by that point. However, Goku has gone through a lot of shit and still lived, and I believe his endurance will allow him to fight her one more time. I honestly don't think it changes up the vote in my mind, it just makes it harder for Goku to win, but not impossible or improbable.

And what? How I am I blindly voting for Dragon Ball? I am the first one in line to state that a Dragon Ball character is completely outmatched when they, in fact, are from my limited knowledge on their opponent.

That is not the case here. Goku's senses counter her invisibility, his endurance should counter her resurrection, and his combat prowess should counter her own if not surpass it.

That's why I voted for Goku. It is because I think he could win this fight, not because of some blind devotion to Dragon Ball.

Mr. Bambu said:
I've literally seen people here vote Dragon Ball no matter what
But that's not a Dragon Ball thing, that's a people thing. There are always people in any verse that ignore arguments made for other sides and continue to vote for what they like. It's not specifically the Dragon Ball fandom that does that. That's not what's happening here either. There are actual arguments being made for Goku winning, even if you disagree with them. It's not as simple as "lol Goku can punch" as you're saying it is.

Mr.Bambu says I'm voting for Goku no matter what even though they have yet to even begin to address my comeback to their own reply. Like you completely ignored my walls of text addressing the exact issues you're bringing up, that they're not issues whatsoever.

RotofBots said:
Please stop with these "blindly voting DB" accusations.
They're extremely petty.
I vote against characters I like if I believe they lose.

My wish is that others could do the same.

I'm withdrawing from the match. But I do not believe people are being true here. Some day may the community grow past this all.

"I vote against characters I like if I believe they lose.

My wish is that others could do the same."

So just... ignore my text walls of analysis why dont'cha.

"I'm withdrawing from the match. But I do not believe people are being true here. Some day may the community grow past this all."

Why do you keep acting like you're better than us, as if we're the ones ignoring your arguments? I've repeatedly and insistently told you that I made absolute walls of text going into detail about your arguments with my counterarguments and you have yet to even acknowledge it's existence, and when the time comes that people begin voting for Goku, you act like your arguments are ones being ignored.

This is not only petty, but extremely disingenious Bambu. I get that you have experiences with DB Fanboys but that is not reason to basically boil down the opposition with "If you don't vote with me, you're not listening to arguments" especially if they actually do have evidence to back up their claims.

Back