• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something that came into my mind after watching Samurai Jack

Okay so, the Ruyko and Samurai Jack thread I myself made ended with her winning due to flight, regen, higher range and some also included her reactive evolution.

But I've since remembered something, Jack has taken on Aku who has better regen, flight via shapeshifting and better range than LFS Ryuko which was the tier used the match up. so why would Jack lose to Ryuko whne his main enemy has some similar and even better abilities?

Actually, it can't hurt innocents, that's why it didn't work when Aku strike Jack with it

Thats a trait that is ignored in most battles, plus...I think the level of innocence and purity is something Ryuko doesnt have. I wouldnt put her on the same level as Jack.

The Lava Monster was covered by normal lava and rock, he never actually hurt the person inside.

I don't remember the Lizard Monk fight, but I do remember that Aku-Jack fought them, not sure if he even had to use the sword.

What exactly are you arguing here...? Jack's sword doesnt nullify regen it just ignores durability against evil beings. His Katana would hurt Ryuko as much as the Scissor Blade would hurt Jack.

@Weekly

I already pointed out that Jack's katana doesn't work against Jack....

He broke the crystal that kept the monster prisoner, which also kept the guy inside immortal (hence by breaking it, age would kill him)

Hmmm, strange guess it's an inconsistency then, especially when Jack was pretty explicit about it not hurting innocents

I'm not sure how it came to this, the beginning of this argument came from the sword being Aku's weakness and @Weekly while it doesn't complete nullify his regen, it deals an rather bigger amount of damage, and even burns him when it makes contact.

I just sy that the level of pureness need to not be harmed by Jack's sword is fairly high, since so far ONLY Jack has not been harmed by it.

I don't think there is any evidence for the level of pureness being fairly high, so where did you get that?

Cause jack is the ONLY one who has been shonw to not be harmed by it despite other supposed "innocents" being harmed by it. I literally just said that

Thats... not at all evidence, given that Lizard monks who have literally done nothing wrong other than help a guy while being infected by something that could kill them probably = Jack who has also one nothing wrong at this point. (Those are the only innocents harmed too)

So what is your evidence.

Regardless of if it can harm inoccents, I still think it should be removed. Jack has literally nothing to get past Ryuko's regen or reactive evo.

@Aqua ... I don't think you get it. If it is a rule that the sword can't harm innocents, and we see this, with one contradiction, then the former is more likelier to be accurate.

@Crop tru, but I would wait for another staff member before removing it, as a hax stomp usually in my experience is significantly more onesided.

@Crop By that logic no character with Regen above High-Low should have any victories unless their opponent has some form or regen nullification...

1. Jack has a sword of kryptonite against Aku. That's why he contends with him. And even then he's never entirely negated Aku's regen or truly defeated him (until next week ^_^)

2. Yeah Jack's sword can harm Ryuko. I don't believe anyone disagreed with that. But it won't do to her what it does to someone evil like Aku.

3. I think it's a bit much to now limit any Regenerationn user as not being able to have a match up or use it to their advantage cause it's a stomp. The whole point of a "victory" is to have an attribute that the opponent does not have a counter towards or ability to overcome.

As the official thread states, "Being a decisive match doesn't make it a stomp." and "hax being the deciding factor doesn't make it a stomp."

When this becomes a stomp is when the fight is entirely onesided, and one is severely outmatched/inferior in most if not all attributes. Someone who has literally no hax at all, and is disadvantaged in multiple areas, winning primarily through Regenerationn that is possible (yet super hard) to negate is not that. If that's the case, then I guess anyone with durability negation or any sort of hax that the other doesn't have a counter to can't be used in matches now.

Maybe her End of Series base. But Ryuko at the very beginning of the show before meeting Senketsu gets destroyed by Jack.

Ryukama said:
Maybe her End of Series base. But Ryuko at the very beginning of the show before meeting Senketsu gets destroyed by Jack.

yea your point? that is still base hell after waking up in episode 19 her base got a massive boost

I just didn't know which "Base Ryuko" you're talking about. Because Base Ryuko gets drastically stronger throughout the series.

i was mostly referering to end of series base with my post but honestly even ep 19 base ryuko is above jack to be honest

jack said it dosnt hurt innocents in the hands of evil so with that said sense it has been seen that jack can hurt innocents with the sword it can be said that it only apples if someone evil like aku is using it.

Darkmon cns said:
jack said it dosnt hurt innocents in the hands of evil so with that said sense it has been seen that jack can hurt innocents with the sword it can be said that it only apples if someone evil like aku is using it.
so it still wont do any good against ryukos rege

Back