• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Warhammer 40k Stuff

I suppose that seems fine, but I am not the best person to ask.

Yes. I read the text. I am just not very familiar with Warhammer.

I think a lot of the lower ends for the Chaos Gods comes from fan interpretation and things that just straight up aren't true. If this was a one-off thing, I probably wouldn't have even brough it up, but stuff like this is brought up multiple times in multiple Horus Heresy books.

If we have things to suggest "1-B, possibly higher", and said things are not contradicted by the lore (which considering how ****** the lore can get sometimes, is saying something), then there's really not a good reason to ignore it, other than the fact the franchise is controversial.

I agree with Higher-Dimensional Warp Gods, hell, the latest major story novel, Dark Imperium, describes the Emperor's Light as encompassing the "layered infinities" of the Warp.

I'm just very uncertain on the sheer scale of 1-B.

That's the thing. We are constantly told in many stories from many different eras of 40k that the Warp is higher-dimensional. We're told that there are extensions of the material universe, as in both pocket realms and higher-dimensions. However, we never get an exact number, as all feats that do give us one are either arbitrary (Tzeentch's realm) or on a lower scale (random Necron tech).

Taking this into account, I genuinely don't see a problem with accepting a quote that says the equivalent of "there are lots", similar to how the universes the Xeelee can create contain "a stupendous amount of dimensions". We're not putting an exact number to it, nor are we saying "they can't be counted, so it's High 1-B, instead". Just acknowledging that a quote basically straight up says "there's a hella a lotta dimensions, dude".

Bumping because it's been quite a while, and I feel that as has been stated, the quotes are pretty direct, with 6(7?) people agreeing on the change.

Also why does every above comment have a kudos?

Yes, I also think that you can adjust the pages when you find the time.

Alright, I've finished the relevant updates, but I do have something important left to do.

I've realized that writing a blog explicitly to clarify stuff about the nature of 40k's cosmological structure and god tiers is not just something that would be nice, but instead near mandatory. Part of the reason that even I am often overly skeptical about even extremely direct quotes from the verse likely comes from the incredible amount of straight up misinformation I've seen spread on the internet. I have legitimately seen it claimed consistently that the Chaos Gods are not even extragalactic, and I could write an entire essay on why that's wrong using info from three decades of lore.

Compiling explanations and things to dispel common myths in a single place would likely make things significantly easier. Because wow, I genuinely did not consider how bad things can be, until now (checking online, I have seen consistently spread misinformation in both wank and downplay territory, such as the Chaos Gods are omnipotent in their own realms vs the Chaos Gods are galactic reality warpers who will die if you destroy the galaxy).

I will try to complete this within the next few days.

Okay. Thank you for the help. If it is thorough, we can add it to the featured section of the wiki navigation bar.

Back