• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Thing invades Caleb City

The Thing has invaded Caleb City and has already assimilated 4 people. The Nameless One goes to try and stop it.

-Both at 9-B

-Speed Equalized

-Battle takes place in an abandoned warehouse

Thing: (0 votes)

Nameless One: (7 votes, ABoogie, Lit, Christian, Apies, Crimson, Headless, Dbz)

Incon: (0 votes)

The Thing
Nightmare Fuel in all his power.

Calebrender
You better scramble like an egg 'fore you get folded like an omelet.

Alright, so what is dudes usual opening move? He does seem to have a few wincons, though EE doesn't seem to be combat-aplicable at least not under the current circumstances.

Yeah his EE is kinda specific. He could either lead with his Time stop as he knows he can stop it for hours on end. (He did this once when he knew he didn't need to) Though he may not need to as he could just transmute them with his punches.

Time Stop is alright, though I'm a little iffy on the transmutation since he seems to need contact. Even if it's not a problem he's still dealing with four seperate Things, all of which would be smart enough to not go near the guy who can turn them into clothes, and would likely just spray the dude from a distance with digestive fluids.

I mean, idk if they'd know at first, especially since the Thing seems to need to touch him as well to assimilate him. Though with the range advantage he could just shoot at them and if that doesn't work he'd time stop.

Well see the problem with contact is the Thing's maliable form. He could go in for a punch and instead of making contact a mouth opens up and eats his hand in the process getting cells in his blood stream and eventually assimilating him. Cutting and shooting the Thing is also worthless. The Thing isn't a singular entity,but actually a colony of completely independant single cells working as a cohesive unit. I just noticed the Bio manip on his page. What's the deal with that?

Yeah so basically Time Manip, punch, dead I guess. Though he does have Intinctive Reaction so it may be difficult for the Thing to even hit him. He was able to change someone's gender and skin color by crossing them in basketball, he hasn't really shown it to it's full extent though.

Ok, now hold on. I'm still trying to figure out dudes fighting style. What are his opening moves? I'm not entirely convinced his transmutation is a wincon since contact is required. Dudes best looking wincon is Time-loops so I'd like more info on those please.

His Time Loop will cause the affected to constantly repeat the same actions in a short timeframe over and over again.

The loop they are put in is a short timeframe, like 10 seconds and then it reloops, but it lasts for days on end.

He would likely open with shooting with the range advantage, but if he sees that that wouldn't work would likely use either Time Stop or Time Loop.

Oh, that kinda short time-frame, got it. And now I just noticed this is a straight forward confrentation. Fine, the Thing takes another loss via Time Loop incap.

everyone else has to revote though cause salt

Yeah, sorry Apies, even I can't bullshit a win for the Thing through science

The Nameless One who loves beating my favorite characters FRA

Back