• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I toss my hat into the Thing spam (also get a new character of mine some fights) | GRACE

Alright, so this all entirely depends on how quickly she lights her crossbow on fire. If she doesn't start with it, then she "kills" the Thing, let's her guard down and get grabed from behind. If she does start with it, then she well, kills the Thing. She's apperently sadistic, so to me that suggests fireing more bolts then nessasary and in this case overkill is the nessasary amount. I don't know anything about the game so please correct any mistakes in judgement I made.

Lighting her crossbow on fire is her second move in character, right after breaking legs from afar (limb crusher). And while she is sadistic, she never wastes ammo. Kind of a thing for her

I agree with Apies here. It really depends on what she starts with. I'm not sure if it would be more sadistic to light a person on fire, and unleash multiple arrows into critical points upon their body.

I'm also uncertain on what she typically starts with in character.

So assuming Ysabel is a trained fighter I'm thinking she takes this mostly cause the Thing has consistently had trouble in face to face confrentations, but it's really close, like 6/10. Breaking the Thing's bones won't do much execpt slow it down for a few seconds and she doesn't know she can't let it touch her, but she uses fire pretty quick so it's not a total wash.

If it takes her a while to reload, and she can only fire one at a time, then I guess it would depend on whether or not she sees that The Thing is down, and how long it takes to regen.

Still, I do mostly agree with Apies here. Given her character, and what she starts with, I think she could get off a flame arrow before the Thing gets in range to start his nonsense.

Back