• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some small Worm changes

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Leviathan (Worm): Resistance to Body Puppetry. Regent's power is straight up said to not work. This would probably apply to other endbringers too.

"Regent couldn't use his power against Leviathan. Can you imagine him getting Leviathan under control?"
Ballistic: His high end becomes High 8-C. His power is largely dependent on the mass of whatever he shoots, and he's also noted pretty often to be holding back a lot and be capable of pretty easily killing most parahumans if he really wanted to. More importantly, there's what he can do when he actually does cut loose. Firstly, he staggered Leviathan (Worm).

There was a horrendous crash, I looked up, pausing to catch my breath, saw the remains of a car falling apart around Leviathan. Another crash, a piece of rubble turning to dust from the speed of the impact. I couldn't see through the bodies, but I had an idea of who it was. Ballistic.
A dumpster hit Leviathan in the upper body with the speed of a bullet, and he folded backward, his shoulders hitting the ground while his legs and feet were still held against the ground by a mess of razor blade forcefields. Narwhal sent another forcefield flying into his neck, and it cut as deep as any attack had yet. Blood spilled down from the opened wound, thick, more like ichor than anything I was used to seeing.''

I made a calc for this using dumpster mass, and it also turned out tier 8. Secondly, he shot straight through the body of Echidna (Worm).

There was a sound like a firecracker taking flight, and Noelle lurched. Even with my bug's less than stellar sight, I could see the aftermath. A hundred slightly different angles. Noelle's true body, the human half perched on top of the monster, arched her back, her chest out, head turning toward the sky. A spray of blood and gore marked a small explosion ripping out the front of her chest.
And another, a shot from behind, tearing through her cranium.
My bugs ventured into the dessicated area. They would only last for a minute at best, but they'd serve to scout, to give me eyes. They found Ballistic.''
Anyone who has High 8-C dura for a similar justification to Taylor Hebert: That goes away. It is not good. This is the scene where that happens:

She caught me with the back of one claw. There was a sound like a gunshot going off, my ribs feeling like my bones had turned to white-hot brands, and I stuck. She set her claw down on the ground, and my back exploded with pain as I struggled to contort my body, get in a position where I wasn't being folded in half under the weight of an eight ton monstrosity.
I was spared being snapped in two not by my own struggles, but by the pull of her flesh as it folded around me. It simultaneously consumed me and pulled on me, as if by a hundred hands. The process was smooth and inevitable, flesh flowing around me like hot candlewax, even as I was drawn upward and inward.
I could sense Regent appearing nearby. Noelle turned to face him. He didn't fight, didn't try to run. He said something, but I couldn't make out the words, couldn't hear them with the dark, hot, rancid-smelling flesh that had enveloped me. The last of the flesh closed behind me, my power stopped working, and I was left with only absolute darkness and the pounding flow of Noelle's blood in my ears.''
The issue here? Noelle knows how her power works. She knows she can't clone corpses, and she wants to be able to clone and torture the undersiders by engulfing them, so it would make no sense for Noelle to hit her with High 8-C amounts of energy here as opposed to just softening her up to vore her. Secondly, it would be a massive outlier even if legit.

So yeah. More substantial worm revisions when I finish reading I guess

All good with me, but I think the Resistance to Biological Manipulation covers the Body Puppetry stuff. Regent can't take control because of the Endbringer's physiology, which covers other biological things, and nerves are part of said biology.

Last minute addition: The Siberia shouldn't have lifting strength. Yeah she's in effect stronger than Alexandria, but she doesn't experience force when she doesn't want to. Even was causing no impact on the asphalt while she was jumping over buildings while carrying a van,, so

What do we put it at then? Immeasurable and Irrelevant don't seem right. Unquantifiable perhaps?

Probably unknown, then explain that due to her power this isn't the most relevant thing. Maybe throw in how she was still in effect strong enough to overpower Alexandria.

It's really just hax, so if it's given a rating, it would be unknown

They overpower and tear through people via negating physical laws and removing the force instead of matching or withstanding it

Another small Worm change I'd like to suggest; Speed of Light attack speed for Legend.

I'm surprised he doesn't have it yet.

His light beams aren't exactly real from my understanding

He bends them up the wazoo, and even then, plenty of people are capable of dodging them. Like, I think even Talyor may be capable of getting out of their way to some degree

That might be an exaggeration but I do remember this would probably result in Relativistic Assault, if my memory didn't distort their flashback beyond belief

@DMUA; his lasers do display several qualities that ordinary beams of light don't have, but there have also been explicit statements about him being able to fire lasers at lightspeed.

Since he can control their direction, it's possible he can control their speed too.

Maybe, but that makes you have to wonder why he lowers it's speed for like, basically all of his opponents capable of dodging it

Then again PIS exists so maybe it could work

Legend is outright said to fire at SOL in 19.5.

motherforkers you read too fast I stopped at 15.10

"Echidna tried to move to one side, but Legend's beams followed unerringly, swelling in size and number. Thirty, forty, fifty… each cutting their way through her flesh as though she were made of little more than snow. Smoke or steam billowed around her as her flesh charred and boiled. The lasers might have been affected by the time distortion, but that didn't matter when the lasers were moving at the speed of light in the first place"

That shouldn't be a spoiler without more context, and would also support Danmaku for him. Wasn't his breaker state him become a similar existence to his beams though? He said it could do interstellar travel, and iirc he uses it to do time dilation to survive spoilers for dmua. Maybe SOL travel speed when like that?

Lol that the guy who can fire lasers around corners and explicitly breaks the laws of physics has easier time getting a SOL feat than the hst

@Wokistan; that was what I had read to make me suggest it on here.

So I assume it is okay to add?

Oh yeah, and Danmaku too.

Attack speed yeah. I can everything bewides possible SOL legend travel speed in a little bit.

He does also blast everyone around him in 14.7

"Legend spread his arms, and hundreds of individual beams radiated out from his body. Three quarters of them turned in sync to spear towards the library, stabbing through the architecture. Other beams split off to strike through doorways and windows and across rooftops. No less than three struck me."

So Danmaku is good

Accepting Legend's lasers as real in spite of it bending and having a physical force to it gives me physical pain, but if it's addressed to be SOL and such I'll have to deal

As for people dodging Legend's lasers, remember that the heroes vs villains thing is largely a spectacle and that there's no reason for one of the most powerful capes active to be going as hard as he can all the time. He doesn't really miss the endbringers, and the member of S9 he spent most time dealing with is the invincible one and he was more trying to direct her movement. He also wasn't supposed to interfere with that or bonesaw would release her plague early, so yeah.

Anyways, making changes except for SOL flight speed Legend. That should be discussed a bit more.

His power is constant acceleration so he could probably go up to SOL, but he'd also probably entirely lose consciousness doing so

Bump for lightspeed legend I guess

I don't think he's ever came close to that in the series. At best I think we could just say his speed is possibly higher than what we have him rated as.

I will note that the Endbringer's power nullification should be removed.

Behemoth shutting down Chevalier's power was a unique interaction with how his power operated and the warping of space/time associated with the mass at the core of an Endbringer rather than them having a catch-all "your powers don't work" when you get close to their core.

Here's WIldbow explaining how Foil's power has a similar interaction here.

"Using her power on Chevalier's sword would have broken it, like the space warping around the Endbringer core did."

@Dargoo; shouldn't we change it to Limited Power Nullification then?

Yeah it isn't really power null as much as a resistance type thing. No mantellum endbringer

Bit of a necro but I didn't want to make a whole other thread, but why do we scale Leviathans regen from behemoths? I haven't finished worm yet but from their first fight with Leviathan which I assume took at least an hour or so he didn't really noticeably regenerate from any of the damage, and later on was stated that if you were to nuke him in the face he would survive but probably take a few years to fully heal. Assuming he does have that much regen, shouldn't we add a note to his profile saying that it isn't combat applicable?

Back