• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Karma cracks a wall: Ballistic Glass CRT

In chapter 64 of Assassination Classroom, Karma picked up a pot and destroyed large sections of a glass window.
The debate here is on whether said window used ballistic glass or regular glass.

On the request of @Therefir in this blog, I am making this CRT to list down the points in favour and against said glass window being ballistic.
Arguments In favour:
All the points listed against this proposal of this CRT and the original blog.
@Knowzn 's arguments:

"A notorious one with the police used by crime organizations from within and outside of Japan along with their financial backers, whilst being tight with government bigshots to the point where even police can’t even do an investigation on the large amounts of illegal activities (heck, they even turn down government officials without a second), with the hotel management also being accustomed to outside threats.

Its security is at a point where there are tons of guards outside the hotel along with a security system so complex that even a supercomputer far surpassing any existing AI can’t fully take control over it, with the building itself being built with terrorist attacks in mind.

Last but not least, there is a bit of foreshadowing here that shows the glass of the hotel with what seems to be a bullet stuck to it, showing that it couldn’t penetrate it. And there are still separate points made in the blog itself (Like the hotel being funded enough to have a literal helipad and Takaoka specifically choosing this one, and more if I missed any); we aren’t claiming that this random hotel now has ballistic glass. It literally makes less sense if it isn't ballistic or whatever."

Tohru's arguments:

Arguments against:
Elvis Freshely's arguments can be found:

Counterarguments to his arguments are:
First argument (Tohru): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...00000000003455028&replyId=4400000000013315741
First argument (Knowzn): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...00000000003455028&replyId=4400000000013315839
Second argument (Tohru): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...00000000003455028&replyId=4400000000013318520

Anyway the purpose of this CRT is simply to come to the conclusion about the use of the ballistic glass assumption or at least, the values of destruction of ballistic glass for the purposes of calculating this feat as requested by the CGMs.

Last edited:
Disagree. If it really was balistic glass, the pot that Karma hit it with would have been completely destroyed with little remains especially if the feat scales to 5 megajoules. Looking at the chapter the pot is still intact after he hits it with 5 megajoules of force, this feat makes no sense making it unusable in my opinion.

I don't have scans but if you look at the chapter the pot is still intact moments after (although it is broken it still isn't destroyed).
1. I'm not even sure you know what chapter it is we are talking about.
2. The pot isn't intact even after, most of the concrete around it has been destroyed and the rest is in bad shape showing only some patches of dirt.
3. Broken and destroyed are synonyms, I am not sure what you mean here.
Anyway for now, I'd like to stop engage in this type of s

Last edited:
1. I'm not even sure you know what chapter it is we are talking about.
2. The pot isn't intact even after, most of the concrete around it has been destroyed and the rest is in bad shape showing only some patches of dirt.
3. Broken and destroyed are synonyms, I am not sure what you mean here.
1. It seems like you think I'm incompetent, I know the chapter.
2. That is exactly my point. If it really was 5 megajoules of force the entire pot would have been pulverised or at the very least there would have been no pieces left.

That's not how it works, it would've been pulverized if the glass wall was pulverized and fragmentation destruction did occur on the pot and the wall.
In fact, there are only like 5ish pieces of the concrete pot that has been left when the feat was performed, it was clearly V. fragged.
Fragmentation uses shear strength and pulverization uses compressive strength, ergo by applying Newton's third law, the pot would clearly have to be destroyed by shear strength and not compression because that's how the glass was fractured using the pot.

Anyway to prevent stone-walling and such I'll wait for the mods to respond for now.

Last edited:
What is this feat replaced with if it gets rejected? Itona is listed as wall level by himself, but I recall the wall bust was confirmed to use tentacles during his fight with Korosensei.

What is this feat replaced with if it gets rejected? Itona is listed as wall level by himself, but I recall the wall bust was confirmed to use tentacles during his fight with Korosensei.
I double-checked all three of their fights to be absolutely sure, and nothing of the sort was said. Assuming this does get completely rejected, that'll be used, yes.

Stick to the topic, please. Thank you.

In chapter 64 of Assassination Classroom, Karma picked up a pot and destroyed large sections of a glass window.
The debate here is on whether said window used ballistic glass or regular glass.

On the request of @Therefir in this blog, I am making this CRT to list down the points in favour and against said glass window being ballistic.
Arguments In favour:
All the points listed against this proposal of this CRT and the original blog.
@Knowzn 's arguments:

"A notorious one with the police used by crime organizations from within and outside of Japan along with their financial backers, whilst being tight with government bigshots to the point where even police can’t even do an investigation on the large amounts of illegal activities (heck, they even turn down government officials without a second), with the hotel management also being accustomed to outside threats.

Its security is at a point where there are tons of guards outside the hotel along with a security system so complex that even a supercomputer far surpassing any existing AI can’t fully take control over it, with the building itself being built with terrorist attacks in mind.

Last but not least, there is a bit of foreshadowing here that shows the glass of the hotel with what seems to be a bullet stuck to it, showing that it couldn’t penetrate it. And there are still separate points made in the blog itself (Like the hotel being funded enough to have a literal helipad and Takaoka specifically choosing this one, and more if I missed any); we aren’t claiming that this random hotel now has ballistic glass. It literally makes less sense if it isn't ballistic or whatever."

Tohru's arguments:

Arguments against:
Elvis Freshely's arguments can be found:

Counterarguments to his arguments are:
First argument (Tohru): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...00000000003455028&replyId=4400000000013315741
First argument (Knowzn): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...00000000003455028&replyId=4400000000013315839
Second argument (Tohru): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...00000000003455028&replyId=4400000000013318520

Anyway the purpose of this CRT is simply to come to the conclusion about the use of the ballistic glass assumption or at least, the values of destruction of ballistic glass for the purposes of calculating this feat as requested by the CGMs.
Is it stated to be ballistic glass?

Gimme a tldr please
Thank you, so much for responding. Please end my suffering alreayd.

Okay so basically this is like summarizing the entirety of the fate franchise":
We are arguing over a calc where a character breaks a glass pane and the calc uses the ballistic glass assumption

Points in favour are:
*The hotel building is repeatedly stated to be of first-rate top notch security, which are the most common types of location for ballistic glass, there's even a character saying that the design of the building is meant to resist terrorist attacks.
*Calcs have been accepted that use the ballistic glass assumption simply because the glass is "harder than regular glass so ballistic glass should work"
*The glass resisted the physical strength of a dude who can crush skulls as well as a swing from a concrete pot, which got V. Fragged when it was used to destroy the glass.
*There is a scan which shows some ominous foreshadowing of a bullet being stuck in the glass, in fact, the way it cracks is also eerily similar to how ballistic glass cracks in the wikipedia scan.
*The hotel also houses gunman and other trained assassins so measures like this would be necessary to maintain it's infrastructure.

Points against are:
*Just because high security hotels use ballistic glass doesn't mean the glass that Karma (the dude who is performing the feat) is ballistic.
*The character who said the design was meant to resist terrorist attacks was referring to the interior design and not the materials.
*Whatever ShadowSythez said above.

Last edited:
If a bullet isn't directly stated I don't think it should be assumed. Also the pot still being okay is kinda weird. Though to be honest it honestly seems to be balistic glass.

I mean the hole is so small it couldn't really be anything else. Also wouldn't normal glass just shatter? This is what the bullet area would look like in normal bulletproof glass which looks like what happened there.

The whole is too small to be anything else tbh.
Yeah the hole is the size of like 1-2cm? Few other stuff could be used here and with the characters not just punching through jt despite having Superhuman stats it's probably bulletproof rather than normal glass. It also allignes with the protective measures taken in the building.

Then don’t use it.
But there have been calcs that got accepted which didn't have any explicit statements related to ballistic glass, like this one.
Why is an exception being made for this one?
I mean there is a panel that shows, what appears to be a bullet stuck in that glass wall.
I mean, I gave you the TL;DR and you can find the scans in the OP. Can you at least read the arguments for both sides?

Last edited:
I mean, I gave you the TL;DR and you can find the scans in the OP. Can you at least read the arguments for both sides?
I did, actually. Had to read the whole thread because you summarized the opposition as “Whatever ShadowSythez said above.”.

If it’s not stated to be ballistic glass or shown to be, don’t use it.

Other calcs have been accepted without any direct statement of ballistic glass though, why does this one need an explicit statement?
Thank you for evaluating but I'm not sure what kind of precedence this would put up for other verses and calcs that use ballistic glass assumptions and pretty much none of them show any explicit statement of the glass being ballistic.

Anyway so far the tally is 3 in favour and 2 against.

Last edited:
I didn't evaluate them, I'm evaluating this one. I'd do the same otherwise.
I disagree with this. If it looks like a ballstic and acts similarly to one we shouldn't need a statement about a random window when the building had been said to have top notch security.

Okay so the score is 3 in favour (Tohru, Knowzn, Serlock) and 3 against (m3x, shadowsythez, DarkDragonMedeus). But can I ask why?

Last edited:
I don't know, the calculation reminds me of some similar calculations that were rejected, not to mention M3X is also a calc group member who appears to be against assuming it is ballistic glass.

Shouldn't there be some standards that if fulfilled a glass should be treated as ballistic when the content lends itself to it?

Back