• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some slight adjustments

P:S Stefano I find it highly unlikely no one in OP has acheived that technique besides Silvers and Luffy and that it will do what no one else could. Enma is a sword which unleashes massive amount of energy in its attacks. Pretty cut and dry example of stat enhancement bringing him way WAY over 8 teratons to match Kaido's body

> And there is no justification for shock>physical weakening.

Aside from it being told to us in the manga itself. Bege's wording tells us that when Big Mom gets into a state of emotional shock that three things happen; she screams, she releases her Conqueror's Haki subconsciously, and her body loses its natural toughness.

I think assuming that fighters are subsconciously always defending themselves with Haki is a far bigger assumption.

Bege tells us you break Carmels picture>She screams out haki>she's weakened. At no point does does he try to be a psychiatrist regarding her mind.

Do you tell kids on the helpphone their bodies become fragile if they scream? I don't think so.

Why would Oda intentionally add Haki, this vers equivilant of Ki, if all he needed was the portrait?

Bege: "Someone broke the picture. Big Mom fell to her knees and bleed!"

is not at all what Oda wrote.

> Do you tell kids on the helpphone their bodies become fragile if they scream?

What are you talking about?

> Bege: "Someone broke the picture. Big Mom fell to her knees and bleed!"

That's pretty close to what he wrote.

> Why would Oda intentionally add Haki, this vers equivilant of Ki, if all he needed was the portrait?

The photo of Mother Carmel is the trigger for her emotional distress.

You're surely not implying that she used up all of her Haki in the first couple seconds of her scream, when she later still uses more Haki to destroy the missiles sent her way.

@Dr Fix

Since you obviously did not take the suggestion and simply read the chapters I explicitly reference for you, here: https://imgur.com/a/CBF5QwL

It's an album showcasing Big Mom mentioning her emotional distress several times explicitly, Bege commenting that she's in a weakened state as a result of the distress, and there's no mention of Haki being the culprit anywhere here to support your personal headcanon.

Someone's durability passively scaling up due to them having Conqueror's Haki (and the durability dropping when it's used) is quite literally such a far-fetched idea that I've not ever seen it even suggested, so I would highly encourage you to find some strong supporting evidence of such.

For Kaido he may have invulnerability for all we know and Enma has some super duper power but for now since it's almost upon us we should wait to see it on panel.

Dr.Fix said:
P:S Stefano I find it highly unlikely no one in OP has acheived that technique besides Silvers and Luffy and that it will do what no one else could.
Do you seriously believe that Silvers and Luffy are the only one in the verse who can use Goken, past and present?

I mean, Hyogoro was the one who train Luffy to use Goken, Shanks had be stated in a databook that he had master all forms of Haki, and we see in their brief clash that Whitebeard and Roger can use Advance Armament Haki as well.

No, it very possible that Oden himself is capable to use Goken, meaning it could had be the reason why he was able to harm Kaido, and Enma could have contributed as well.

Yes to Shiro change

Yes to Kaido being inderstructable

both big mom arguments are entangled at this point. cant prove crazy without her having lossed haki at the same time. just remove the weakness since its straight up plot anyway.

@Damage & Xulrev

So what needs to be done here?

Well, the Big Mom justification on her page is fine as it is currently.

I'm not convinced Kaido's durability needs changing; Whitebeard's feat is already pretty low on the low end of Country level, and Kaido's durability can still be just 6-B and still be the most durable character in the series.

Whitebeard's durability justification could be changed, but I'd need to see it properly written out here to know whether it is a suitable replacement.

Okay. Thank you. Should we close this thread then?

I think this thread has concluded, yes, unless someone wants to make a proposed change to Whitebeards durability as Damage states

@Damage You're better than that. I know after two years that you don't typically put words in someone's mouth (I never said all her haki) or dismiss facts that happened "Pretty much what happened" ignores the scream and haki.)

Anyway since @Ant does not want to respond to what I said and has made up his mind I'll just leave this if anyone is interested.

Whitebeard

AP: As is

Striking strength: Wounded Blackbeard with one swing of his blade.

Durability: Scaling to striking strength. Although substantially weaker due to old age and sickness, he still batted Akainu's magma away with his barehand and was unaffected by Kuzan's ice attacks.

Back