• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some questions about calculating planet sizes and even universe size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DragonEmperor23 said:
That statement was actually replaced with one from a more accurate source that had it at 696X the size of Earth later in the story.
Both statements don't conflict with each other as far as I'm aware.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
How can a series compare a Planet's size to real life Earth if real life Earth doesn't exist in the series
They can just provide the radius or any other measurement that is directly linked to the planet's size. It's not that difficult to do if they really want to hammer home that point. One sentence is all it takes.

A couple examples come to mind. There's a calc placing planet Namek at the size of a Red Giant just because it has 3 suns, 130 days in a year and a questionable scan in the manga. Other calc puts it at 4x Jupiter's size because of a real life planet that was discovered having 3 suns.

Then planet Vegeta's size has been estimated to be much bigger than Earth because it has 10x gravity and for the crust and soil composition to be the same to support the trees and vegetation that grow there, its density would have to be similar, inflating its volume.

Like, you can pull up many kind of math and science to inflate a planet's size but if it really was that big, some kind of comparison or in-universe evidence would have been made available to hammer home that point. Anyway we still consider the size of those planets to be the same as Earth.

I thought Frieza's tier came from destroying planet Vegeta and the size of the planet was determined to be large which is why the calc got to tier 4?

DragonEmperor23 said:
I thought Frieza's tier came from destroying planet Vegeta and the size of the planet was determined to be large which is why the calc got to tier 4?
No, it was assumed to be Earth sized. Only the mass was changed according to 10G.

AstralKing7 said:
Tbh I never agreed with the universal sizes of DB since it always seemed way to iffy to me
Agreed; the fact that half of the DB Universe is a few million kilometers across, and the other half is calced based on assumptions of DB Universe's observeable universe are both really weird.

The new thread was made, so it will continue here but it's staff only. However, regular users who want to give input may ask me or other staff members via Discord and/or message wall. I will close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back