• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some questions about calculating planet sizes and even universe size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
What title said. Why do we use an universe calc size, I repeat, a universe size to calc things like speed? It is not like calc the distance between two countries via pixelscaling, or the size of something, we are calcing something with light-years of size. I am talking about Dragon Ball's Universe Size Calc.

I will quote some comments from here.

First of all, Darkanine's comment

Darkanine said:
Personally, I never liked the idea of calculating the size of fictional planets unless they have obvious characteristics that make them larger than your average planet, like the Earth in OP apparently being bigger than moons. I feel like that unless a series uses the Blue Marble image, there's always going to be something that would make the planet bigger or smaller than Earth due to an inexact scale and inexact proportions, if that makes any sense.
So, I don't really have an opinion on this matter I guess.
And this part of the comment is what matters

Personally, I never liked the idea of calculating the size of fictional planets unless they have obvious characteristics that make them larger than your average planet

So, for now, we have one point of: The Planet is Earth-sized unless stated or shown otherwise.

Now, what Assalt said

Assaltwaffle said:
Gotta agree with Darkanine. Unless it is noted that the planet is abnormally large or small we should assume Earth-like and stop trying to scale random things to make it as big as possible.
Again, he agree with the point above, nothing to say here.

The thread I linked was when Tata tried to calc Naruto's planet size. First of all, we scaled a country, and then, the map, after, the planet. Ok, it was rejected with the same arguments above, but why do we calc a universe size and even a planet size? Fairy Tail also has its own Planet size calc, and I don't remember anyone justifying the size with statements like "Oh this character said the planet is bigger than ours" or something like. This is hypocrisy.

Here is the FT calc

Honestly, if we can't calc planet sizes because they are something too big to scale, we shouldnt do the same with something light-years of size.

The DB Universe Size calc is pretty bs and I'm pretty sure it was never accepted by anyone other than a few fans.

No idea on the universe size thing, but in regards to the Naruto vs FT planet calcs, aren't the circumstances different though? The FT planet was scaled off a specific distance a character gave in verse, while the Naruto calc had its basis in using statements like "it'll take three days to get from point A to point B on foot" then that ultimately led into arguments of speed, taking in rest times etc.

First, there is no "Naruto VS FT planet calcs". And the main point is scale a Planet using pixelscaling, wich leads to inconsistent sizes or whatever. I linked the thread where this was discussed btw

> Unless it is noted that the planet is abnormally large or small we should assume Earth-like and stop trying to scale random things to make it as big as possible.

I agree with this sentiment.

Davidsteel1 said:
No idea on the universe size thing, but in regards to the Naruto vs FT planet calcs, aren't the circumstances different though? The FT planet was scaled off a specific distance a character gave in verse, while the Naruto calc had its basis in using statements like "it'll take three days to get from point A to point B on foot" then that ultimately led into arguments of speed, taking in rest times etc.
speed was geven in boruto as well for 3 three days stetment

'''"unless they have obvious characteristics that make them larger than your average planet"'''

Damage3245 said:
> Unless it is noted that the planet is abnormally large or small we should assume Earth-like and stop trying to scale random things to make it as big as possible.

I agree with this sentiment.
My thoughts exactly.

I agree with the universe part, disagree with the planet part. Planets can perfectly be variable in size, and fiction has shown even planets of totally different size from Earth developing extremely similar life forms, so I see no reason to assume fictional planets are all Earth-sized.

I also thing the rating given the dragon ball base Goku is inflated, I honestly dont think it makes much sense. No other verse gets such a weird calc for destroying a universe.

Someone will have to recalc the feats affected by the earth/Universe size. I know this will impact FT a great deal, but I'm not sure how much this will change DB ratings.

For the Phoenix calc, Continental. The only Multi-Continental would be Acno for his strongest key.

Unless I did the math wrong, Deus Sema would be useless.

But literally Ishgar alone, which is the smallest continent on the planet is greater in diameter than the diameter of Earth...

Nothing more, I think. There's no other feat that relies on Earth's size, and if this thread indeed affects the verse, the scaling would go from High 6-A to 6-A (High 6-A for SBT Dragon Acno) and from Low 6-B to High 7-A for God and Top Tiers respectively.

Yeah, they would scale to the average planet destruction like Boros, which is High 6-A, just on a way smaller scale

Before the panic starts, there's evidence of FT earth being larger than ours outside of the calc, which is what's being questioned here?

Well alright but what about Deus Sema? cause that completely uses earth size so thats gonnna get hit really hard

I still don't get why Planet's that aren't real life earth can't be larger than earth, I mean, Ishgar alone, which is the smallest continent on the planet is greater in diameter than the diameter of Earth...

That's the calc Mitch talks about.

I think the problem is that there are no implications of the planet being bigger than our Earth, and Fiore alone is 1/3 our Earth. So yeah, Ishgar alone is bigger than IRL Earth, and that's what this thread is tackling at.

So that calc and Deus Sema uses earht size thats doesnt have a statement....am i correct on that?

Well it not like it matters since High 6A god tiers is still there....right?

So is this finalized, because I still think this shouldn't apply to Fairy Tail since it is measured that Fiore is 4,000ish Km, which is measure off a legit measurement given, and it's one of the smallest countries in the verse, and it is already 1/3 of the entire diameter of earth

This planet isn't supposed to be real world earth, it has a completely different tepography, it seems like it's unreasonable to ignore the manga statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back