• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some problems about DC dimension

Unqver

Username Only
Personally, I don't know much about DC comics. I sent this because I was requested by my friends.
Here is the comparison between the thirteenth dimension and the thirty-first dimension.(Superman Red&Blue # 2),
f547b5d6511e734a.jpg

Fourteen Dimensions (Countdown: Arena # 4),
effd07a5f68b525f.jpg

and Ninth Dimension (The DC Book A Vast And Vibrant Multiverse Simply Explained)
99f7e996b1e97109.jpg

Idk the question, but the first scan is obviously talking about parallel dimensions rather than spatial ones.

My friend heard that the spatial dimension of DC mainstream is only 6 dimensions.
Spatially it's only three. There are scans like the ones you reference, but they're terribly inconsistent (each one gives a different number) and usually aren't in storylines that actually deal with the cosmology by the writers in charge of it at any given time.

Idk the question, but the first scan is obviously talking about parallel dimensions rather than spatial ones.
Shouldn't that mean a comparison between the fourteenth dimension and the third dimension?

Shouldn't that mean a comparison between the fourteenth dimension and the third dimension?
No, the sentence structure indicates that the robot comes from the fourteenth/31th dimension, which would be an alternate reality or an alternate universe.

No, the sentence structure indicates that the robot comes from the fourteenth/31th dimension, which would be an alternate reality or an alternate universe.
You seem to have made a mistake. The contrast between dimension 13 and dimension 31 is not what I said.
I'm talking about Countdown: Arena # 4 in this one

You seem to have made a mistake. The contrast between dimension 13 and dimension 31 is not what I said.
I'm talking about Countdown: Arena # 4 in this one
Oh, you're talking about the second scan. Well, with a single panel, it's hard to have the whole context regarding it to be fair. It could mean something, if it's not just a one-off statement, which seems like it.

What exactly are we supposed to imply here? It does seem at least for the first scan is of parallel dimensions/reality, not of a spatial one.

The last two are indicative of dimensionality. However, I don't get what we’re supposed to get from this. DC does not cap at 4D, it goes higher but they don't reference it they just jump to a level of reality that covets and permeates the entire Multiversal structure such as the 5th and 6th Dimension.

What exactly are we supposed to imply here? It does seem at least for the first scan is of parallel dimensions/reality, not of a spatial one.

The last two are indicative of dimensionality. However, I don't get what we’re supposed to get from this. DC does not cap at 4D, it goes higher but they don't reference it they just jump to a level of reality that covets and permeates the entire Multiversal structure such as the 5th and 6th Dimension.
DC currently caps at 7th dimensional - 9th dimensional which is 1-C even though there's statements here and there indicating a higher amount of dimensions

qHbfFm0.png

This statement of fourteen dimensions would indicate 14th dimensional which is 1-B, and this would apply to the New 52 cosmology since Countdown Arena is New 52's version of Brainiacs Convergence.

About“Picture existence in “all fourteen of its dimensions”,not just “three”.”,unless you mean there are only 14 universes/parellel dimensions(all) in the DC Multiverse(depend on the period of Final Crisis),i think that's a obvious comparison between 14D and 3D.

DC currently caps at 7th dimensional - 9th dimensional which is 1-C even though there's statements here and there indicating a higher amount of dimensions

qHbfFm0.png

This statement of fourteen dimensions would indicate 14th dimensional which is 1-B, and this would apply to the New 52 cosmology since Countdown Arena is New 52's version of Brainiacs Convergence.
You reiterated my point.

Just to make something clear
Our profiles aren't there to state thar "DC caps at X dimensions". If you have a scan that clearly depicts 11 dimensions, for example, of course somewhere in DC meta history there's that and more.

The point of the profiles is to find a consistent enough depiction of the multiverse for the time when certain characters are depicted in their keys.

Some works are not consistent with each other and it was decided to focus on primary works of large importance rather than side works or ones with less overall relevance to stuff like crisis-level events.

If someone wants to see a DC character as 11-D level, it's not absolutely wrong, but for the consistency the DC supporters wanted for the series here, it's not relevant enough to be featured.

Last edited:
Back