• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Marvel Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple Marvel profiles that I've been meaning to get to. There's some major errors in scaling a few characters plus some other stuff that isn't right or missing on two others profiles. This stuff is relatively simple and shouldn't require too much IMHO, but we'll see.

1. Blue Marvel

This is rather simple as it's two things: First, Regenerationn. BM has this but there's no level stated and I can't find a notable moment it. He either needs a feat, so that we can give it a proper rating and justification or it needs to go.

Second, someone thought it was a good idea to add him defeating King Hyperion to his AP justifiction. That ends up creating a circular scaling chain. See BM gets his rating from stalemating Sentry. King Hyperion gets his rating from nearly defeating BM. See the problem? KH scales to BM who also scales KH.

2. Cosmic Ghost Rider

For CGR we've got a few things but they are rather simple.

- This reduced him to a skull. He stayed like this for months. It's a really good example of his Type 2 Immortality.

- He was able to regain his strength and rebuild his body by what I assume to be absorbing souls.

- Another character observes that his Ghost Rider form does affect his mental state while he'd in it.

- CGR has been running around without his soul.

- CGR has telekinesis. He uses it to deconstruct a ship.

- BIG QUESTION: Based on the recent changes to Marvel's various characters (many of whom dropped in power, hold back or naturally vary) should we keep CGR's justification as is? His original was overwhelming a younger Thanos with raw power before he killed him. Give that all the people in his justification have had major tweaks or changes that impact scaling off of them.

The Proposals for all this crap:

1. Straight up remove Blue Marvel scaling to King Hyperion to clear up circular scaling. Not too mention, the person who added that didn't even link to the correct Hyperion.

Get this man a regen feat or remove it. Again, I can't find one.

2. Based on CGR's showings I propose the following:

- He gets Soul Absorption.

-Based off the fact that he doesn't have a soul, he'd have resistance against Soul Manip. This is the same reasoning for Galactus.

- I'd like add that link about CGR's mental state when transformed to his weakness to better back it up and demonstrate my point.

-Gets Telekinesis.

-We discuss how to handle his AP justifications.

Last edited:
Remove the WB scaling from Red She-Hulk, that can be summed up as PIS. That's basically the only thing relevant, Champion feat is already listed on her page, just link the appropriate scans.

Wonder-Man has better scaling to 4-B idfk why we list Red She-Hulk as a relevant feat (On a side note we're discussing a 7-A consistency for Classic Era Thor and Hulk since the High 6-A is bullshit, so that's a thing to note that we may switch Wonder Man to, so wait for that revision for Wonder Man ig)

Blue Marvel can scale to Sentry to be honest, via chain scaling from Anti-Man (Marvel Comics), just reword the feat.

CGR stuff I'll check later.

This is honestly just badly wanked stats for fan-favourites

Tbh for peeps who aren't 4-B but can fight Thor we can scale them to Classic Thor (assuming they did fight him) and just chalk off them vs modern Thor as outliers.

Zark2099 said:
This is honestly just badly wanked stats for fan-favourites
More like that the scaling was simply not well-considered.

Anyway, has anybody asked some of the people I mentioned for help?

Was Red She Hulk amped during her fight against WB Hulk? Cause otherwise that's just a blatant outlier

I honestly don't think these are major enough revisions to get that much input over, most of them are pretty blatantly obvious

Also regarding CGR:

• I don't see the point you're trying to make with Power Absorption scan.
  • Soul Absorption is fine
  • Third one we can list as a weakness
  • Why does the character want Frank Castle's soul? That's important as to what you're proposing
  • The lens creating is just "Minor Creation" with his Hellfire Manipulation

For the Red She-Hulk thing it's mentioned that like Hulk she has mental limits on her strength so she doesn't destroy the planet. But in the Dark Dimension she doesn't need to hold back, which is also why Hulk went World Breaker. So essitently her first key is an amped World Breaker form that we're assuming is her base strength for whatever reason.

As for She-Hulk the proposed scaling is also wrong. She had previously trained in her human form for months before the fight, so her She-Hulk form was massively stronger. An entire arc was based on this power increase. Abomination is trash but if we're assuming he's 4-B then I guess it's okay.

Rereading Incedible Hulks/The Heart of the Monster stpryline, Red She-Hulk doesn't have the same mental barriers. She just fully unleashed her rage, which Bruce compared to his own. So still an amp, just a slightly different version on one.

Before her rage was unlocked she was basically She-Hulk level in the story.

Zark2099 said:
Also regarding CGR:
  • I don't see the point you're trying to make with Power Absorption scan.
  • Why does the character want Frank Castle's soul? That's important as to what you're proposing
The point of the Power Absorption was to point out how much of massive weakness it is and the effects it has CGR. Usually, when a character gets power drained, they recover eventually. They regain their strength and shake off the effects. When CGR got power drained, he was reduced down to a skull, showing that he needs his power to maintain his body. Worse yet, he spent months in that state, not regaining any power or regening a new body. He had to wait to get picked up by a pirate crew with evil souls for him to absorb and regain his power and regrow his body. This basically shows that him getting his power drained leaves him in a massively weakened state that he can only recover from in a very specific way.

As for Frank's soul, it's because dude nigh-unkillable as a Ghost Rider. Giving him back his soul, breaches his contract with Mephisto and reverts him back to before he made the deal. It makes him killable. Too bad that even after Frank lost his Ghost Rider powers, he kept th Power Cosmic.

1. I already said that those Hulk-like characters should be variable in tier, I'm just gonna help with the rest here.

2. If we have no evidence for his regen then it needs to go away.

Many 4-Bs need to be downgraded into something a bit lower, maybe he's one o them? He was also stated to be on the same level as a Dr. Doom with no armor.

3. Seeing that the idea is to point out that as a big weakness then no, that Power Absorption had the ability to do that on targets.

Rotten Soul Absorption that can help him recover whatever he was stated to have lost before.

Ok?

That's to be added in his type 2 Immortality.

Minor Creation and manual Enhanced Senses.

@Eficiente

Thank you for helping out.

Ok, I've edited the OP be a tad. I think it's time to revisit this, given everything and make sure we're all on the same page. I need permission anyway as both profiles are locked.

CGR hqs been argued to keep his rating before as he has been clearly stated to have Power Cosmic and other things which imply him to be on par with other Heralds of Galactus.

There is a scan for it in some issue where he fights She-Hulk and Thor.

Rest seems fine.

Okay. The other parts are probably fine to apply then.

Ok, I'm ready whenever to make the changes. I've got a few hours before work. Just need the profiles unlocked.

I have unlocked these pages:

Blue Marvel

Cosmic Ghost Rider

Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back