• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Link resistances (ALTTP and OoT)

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Via the Moon Pearl, Link has these resistances in the same way 682 does. Resistance to transmutation and Powe Nullification. See, the Dark World transmutes you into a reflection of your inner self. Link was originally turned into a harmless anthro bunny, reflecting his inner qualities. Link's superhuman qualities were instantly gone. He couldn't even wield a sword. Unless you're a monster connected to Ganon, this happens to all. And there's several people that happens to. Once Link gets the Moon Pearl, he is completely immune to this when he enters the Dark World.

Furthermore, in OoT, one who enters the Lost Woods while not being a Kokiri turns into a Stalfos or Skull Kid. We see the only Skull Kid in OoT in there (he comes back, and we see a guy who eventually becomes a Stalfos during the trading sequence for the Biggoron Sword. Link also enters the woods in ALTTP, Classic, TP, and BoTW with no ill effects. I doubt it for ALTTP though, as there's several bandits there as well, and Link goes in there prior to getting the Moon Pearl

One small thing about the woods: you must get lost/spend an unknown period of time for you to transform into a stalfos/skull kid. Link or the bandits not getting transformed doesnt imply they wouldnt if they were to spend there more time.

That's more of a resistance to Transmutation as that is the catalyst of the Power Nullification. For example Piedmon's Texture Blow transmutates you and then Nullifies your abilities. However, your abilities cannot be negated unless you are first transmutated.

Link cannot access any of his items unless he has the moon pearl, even though he still has them.

I was detailing Link's situation, not argueing against what you said, sorry.

I'm kinda thinking it's both. Ganon became his pig form and kept his powers...somehow (likely due to corrupting the DW)

Ganon touched the Triforce and the Sacred Realm became the Dark World in response to Ganon's evil heart. Ganon is a pig. Ganondorf a human. Everyone turning into monsters/rabbits and Ganon's minions being able to fight is supposed to be Ganon's doing.

Actually, I did find some rings with resistances (and more)

Heart Ring L-2: Regenerationn (Enables Link to recover lost hearts at the rate of 1 heart per cycle while walking)

Blue Luck Ring: Resistance to energy manipulation (Reduces damage from beam attacks by half)

Green Luck Ring: Immunity to electricity manipulation (Negates damage of electrical attacks.

Blue Holy Ring: Immunity to fireballs (Negates damage from River Zora's fireball attacks)

Discovery Ring: Extrasensory Perception (Enables Link to sense hidden patches of soft soil by making a sound)

Octo/Moblin/Like-Like/Subrosian/First-Gen Ring: Transformation and resistance to absorption (Turns Link into an Octorok/Moblin/Like-Like/Subrosian/Classic Sprite, and while he can't attack or defend, Like Likes can't absorb him, and he can't slip on ice)

Whisp Ring: Immunity to Power Nullification (Protects Link from getting cursed/jinxed. Curses/Jinxes in these games prevent Link from using any item, sword and shield included)

Protection Ring: I...have no idea (Damage taken is always one heart)

Also, Link has Attack Reflection via the Mirror Shields and the Reflect Spell in AoL.

Protection ring seems like a game mechanic. Otherwise, it would be a really really really powerful shield, combined with the other regenerative abilities Link has...

I agree with Dragonmasterxyz about that Link should have resistance to transmutation, but not power nullification.

I also think that he should have resistance to electricity and fire, not absolute immunity, as this would be a no-limits fallacy.

Finally, Link in TP should have resistance to Soul Manipulation, as he wasn't reduced to a ghost in the twilight realm. Same with Zelda. And MM Link should have resistance to either soul or death manipulation, as he resisted Sharp's killing song long enough to calm him down. Though I will add the accepted ones before these.

Yeah. Because the ToC resides in most, if not all Links, they should have resistance to Soul Manipulation.

TP link resisted that thanks to the Triforce of Courage, so it should be more like a property of said piece of the Triforce (Soul Manipulation resistance).

And yes, Majora!Skull Kid is a really powerful magician.

I suppose that resistance to Soul and Death Manipulation might be fine.

Furthermore, Aganhim, Ganon's alter ego, mind controlled the entire Hyrulean army into wanting to kill Link, yet couldn't get to Link even though he was the biggest threat.

The real cal howard said:
Furthermore, Aganhim, Ganon's alter ego, mind controlled the entire Hyrulean army into wanting to kill Link, yet couldn't get to Link even though he was the biggest threat.
That is just speculation.

I'm still on my Link high. SS Link has resistance to time manipulation, as he can remain unchanged in the presence of Timeshift Stones, and WW Link can move in stopped time (in a hax way) when he went to retrieve the Master Sword in sunken Hyrule.

Im confident I'll find more :p

Link's with the full triforce should have resistance to sealing. Ganon consistently breaks out of them with only one piece of it, and the Triforce itself is sealed constantly to keep peeps like Ganon from getting their hands on it in the first place, and its power shines through literally, keeping the world from falling apart.

i think it's more like in Wind Waker that the seal weakens over time, allowing Ganondorf to free himself after some time.

I also think that resistance to sealing seems like speculation.

Back