• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transcending

He/Him
1: Does God of War have infinite dimensions? I ask because of these three scans though the second one could be a fake.

2: In Samur Maykr's page, this is the reasoning given for his speed:

"(The Seraphs with their wings were said to have winged through creation."

But why is this "At least Supersonic+, far higher"?

3: In Davoth's page, this is the reasoning given regarding his Void Manipulation:

"Created Hell, which contains voids as seen in DOOM 64"

But then why is Hell not given NEP?

4: Is the demons threatening all existence an outlier or was there any context behind it?

Last edited:
I can't really say anything in regards to GoW, but for DOOM;

3: In Davoth's page, this is the reasoning given regarding his Void Manipulation:

"Created Hell, which contains voids as seen in DOOM 64"

But then why is Hell not given NEP?
What the text is saying that Hell contains voids, not that all of Hell is a void. It is still a physical place.

Looking back on it now, it may not be actual nothingness, could just be a big open space, the depths of Hell are described as bottomless along with other scans detailing how Hell is infinite in size after all.

4: Is the demons threatening all existence an outlier or was there any context behind it?
How demonic invasions work is that the demons with their endless armies invade a universe. Terraform planets and the like as we see in DOOM Eternal. As they are doing that, Hell merges/"consumes" the universe, adding it to their mass. The very reason why they were called a threat to the multiverse was because they gained access to Urdak, basically a free pathway to worlds to conquer and for Hell to devour. So they aren't all like multiversal busters or anything like that, their existence in a realm allows Hell to merge with said realm.

"(The Seraphs with their wings were said to have winged through creation."

But why is this "At least Supersonic+, far higher"?
It was mainly to stay safe. Honestly not a good excuse, I know that, but that was why I had it like that. I'm a really big supporter for non-finite DOOM, but I know there is not a chance in Hell for DOOM to reach non-finite levels of speed here given weird standards and the like. Plus I'm thinking about leaving for good once my last CRT is finished.

If you have other questions for DOOM, feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
I'm a really big supporter for non-finite DOOM
Yeah same.
but I know there is not a chance in Hell for DOOM to reach non-finite levels of speed here given weird standards and the like
Hmm, though it could be worth trying if most people think it's fine in this thread. Don't think it would be too controversial considering the infinite timelines thing and this.
Plus I'm thinking about leaving for good once my last CRT is finished.
Oh, that's a shame.
Strange. You can try either conversations or my message wall outside the forum on my Fandom page. I'm more likely to see the latter tho.
Thanks.

Didn't mimir also say some shit like yggdrasil “transcending all time and all space"
I know thats like a 5D statement at best but its still above 2-A

Didn't mimir also say some shit like yggdrasil “transcending all time and all space"
I know thats like a 5D statement at best but its still above 2-A
I don't think the word "transcending" is enough. From the FAQ:

Transcendence" is a vague term which can be used in several contexts, many of which do not at all align with how it is normally used in our forums, as it simply means "to go beyond the ordinary", first and foremost. For example, statements of "transcending space and time" can refer to things like time travel, dimensional travel, or even agelessness in some cases. Hence, it is very preferable to ascertain the meaning of statements involving this term from background context (If there is any), being especially careful around flowery language or purple prose.

As said above, "transcending space and time" is a very vague statement by itself and can mean multiple things depending on the context in which it is made, as well as how this characteristic is portrayed in the first place. It is perfectly possible for such a statement to mean that a character is simply "untied" from the universe's spacetime, and is thus unaffected by alterations in the timeline and similar meddlings. Likewise, it's not exactly uncommon for time travel (Or any action / process that affects something through different points in time) to be described as "transcending time and space."

How demonic invasions work is that the demons with their endless armies invade a universe. Terraform planets and the like as we see in DOOM Eternal. As they are doing that, Hell merges/"consumes" the universe, adding it to their mass. The very reason why they were called a threat to the multiverse was because they gained access to Urdak, basically a free pathway to worlds to conquer and for Hell to devour. So they aren't all like multiversal busters or anything like that, their existence in a realm allows Hell to merge with said realm.
What about the demons and Doomguy causing damage on a Multiversal scale?

I don't think the word "transcending" is enough. From the FAQ:
A litte correction on my part, the statement actually comes from freya not mimir.

freyas statement was 100% refering to some form of thing that transcends the 9 realms (Which should be 4 dimensional structures)

The Tree of Life is bound to the fate of the world, just as we are bound to it. The tree nourishes our soils. The dew from its leaves feeds our valleys and rivers. The tree's very existence supports all of creation among its boughs, its life energy interwoven into the tapestry of life... birth, growth, death, and rebirth... every strand, transcending time, transcending space. Everything comes back to the tree.

While yggdrasil is actually used for dimensional travel, freya was explaining its actual nature not it can be used for.

Yeah lets wait for ragnarok tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back