• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why doesn't DOOM have infinite speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transcending

He/Him
The Seraphim is a Seraph and one of Father's favorite which should make him comparable to or even superior to other Seraphs. The Seraphs are beings who could wing through creation. This is currently accepted as Supersonic+ but I think that's iffy, and that we don't have enough evidence for it.

On the other hand, Infinite speed would make sense as DOOM has infinite timelines expanding exponentially like Fractal patterns, and universes of infinite size. This should give Samur Maykr and all other beings that scale to him like Davoth and Doomguy infinite speed.

Agree: 3

Agree(likely): 1

Last edited:
You mean the Seraphs being able to fly around creation, yeah? Before they were stripped of their wings? They're stated to have been stripped of their wings at some point. They can't do that anymore. Which is why Urdak has these portals that allow the maykrs (which seraphs fall under) to travel around. Unless you're arguing that beings like the Primevals should have speed above those Seraphs?

You mean the Seraphs being able to fly around creation, yeah? Before they were stripped of their wings? They're stated to have been stripped of their wings at some point. They can't do that anymore. Which is why Urdak has these portals that allow the maykrs (which seraphs fall under) to travel around. Unless you're arguing that beings like the Primevals should have speed above those Seraphs?
Samur got back his wings in his fight against Doomguy and was scaled to the winging through creation feat I posted. This is already accepted by the wiki.

Also glad to have you back :)

Even then, you can go to point A to point B inside a Infinite realm without the need of Infinite speed
They winged through creation meaning they went through the entirety of it. Winging through the entirety of an infinite realm requires infinite speed.

They winged through creation meaning they went through the entirety of it. Winging through the entirety of an infinite realm requires infinite speed.
Why would such a statement mean that ? It sounds very non specific for we assume they crossed it from top to bottom, "flying through creation" can very well mean about travelling on it, instead of crossing it in its full size

I wouldn't be against a Possibly or Likely, however

Why would such a statement mean that ? It sounds very non specific for we assume they crossed it from top to bottom, flying through creation can very well mean about travelling on it, instead of crossing it in its full size
The thing is they didn't say the Seraphs winged through a part of creation, they said outright that they winged through creation.

Plus I am pretty sure the wiki considers them to have winged though the entirety of creation, as since if they only winged through a part of it, the Supersonic+ scaling wouldn't really have any basis.

I wouldn't be against a Possibly or Likely,
Better than nothing ig.

The thing is they didn't say the Seraphs winged through a part of creation, they said outright that they winged through creation.
That supports the idea yes, I rather keep at Possibly or Likely just because the statement isn't 100% clear

To quote an example that I am familiar with, Devil May Cry's Rippers are stated to "be able to cross the Underworld" in like a day or something, with that dimension being Infinite size, it is more specific on bypassing the dimension's full size through speed, which is implied here but not fully stated

The Supersonic+ doesn't have any basis in both cases, if we only considered it to be non infinite, then Supersonic+ is arbitrary right ? Without a timeframe I dunno how we reached that value. I think this rating came from something else, maybe they are scaled to some gun ?

That supports the idea yes, I rather keep at Possibly or Likely just
I prefer a full infinite speed but I am fine with likely too.

The Supersonic+ doesn't have any basis in both cases, if we only considered to be non infinite, then Supersonic+ is arbitrary. I think this rating came from something else, maybe they are scaled to some gun ?

This thread sheds some light on the reasoning:

I prefer a full infinite speed but I am fine with likely too.
Well, that's great, but wait for a few others, let's see what they have to say
Thanks, and yeah, like she said herself, not a good excuse, if this feat isn't taken as Infinite or Likely Infinite, then it should be Unknown, Supersonic+ is very arbitrary

Samur got back his wings in his fight against Doomguy and was scaled to the winging through creation feat I posted. This is already accepted by the wiki.

Also glad to have you back :)
Well, if that's the case, I honestly don't see the problem with this.

Just for a heads up, I wasn't actually there when Gews did the whole rewrite for that page where it says that. But if it's the case, then yeah. I'm down.

They flew between and through space-time continuums that also happen to be infinitely sized physically. Assuming we take the infinite sized universe thing as legit, but either way they flew between and through universal space-times.

I'm iffy about "Traveling through all creation" being treated as a speed feat as opposed to a Dimensional Travel feat.

Can we just close this thread? None of the actual supporters were ready to talk about this, it's a dead thread, literally nothing is happening here. Can we just hold this off for another day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back