• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samuel Hayden: Scaling Stuff (Downgrade and Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Reference: Samur's page.

Downgrade
So recently, I went over my own personal scaling for Doomguy that I use off-site, critique my own work if you will. I removed some things because I think they weren't good and one of them was that the Maykrs are Tier 2 as they are arbiters of countless dimensions, hold dominion over all known and unknown dimensions. The reason why I thought this wasn't valid was that one of the Maykr's big shticks was that they spread their social influence and work with other civilizations. We see this process play out thoroughly in the Story of the Sentinels with the Sentinels. So basically, those statements aren't literal and are referring to their Social Influencing across the civilizations across the multiverse.

Upgrade-ish
I remember there being some confusion with Samur's encounter with TAG Slayer. With him surviving his battle with Doom Slayer, albeit he was greatly damaged. This encounter is weird for two reasons.

A. Mostly, his scaling is 8-C on the wiki. So it wouldn't make sense for him to not get absolutely obliterated by Doomguy's current 2-A power. So there is some durability going on here.

B. This happens to Samur Maykr after he went through a transformation where he turns into a monster. So I don't think it could be an outlier.

I thought of just scrapping it entirely since it can be considered Plot-Induced Stupidity somehow, however a couple of days ago, me and Axx came up with an argument that explains more things than if we just shrug our shoulders and say that it is PIS.

After the Father's life sphere was destroyed by Doomguy, the yellow energy from within the life sphere was absorbed by Samur Maykr, up until he finally succumbed to Transfiguration. So basically, Samur absorbed the power of the Father from his life sphere, the Father being a 2-A entity as it defeated Davoth in the past, around the time he created the cosmology of DOOM. This explains how Samur Maykr was able to survive his fight with a 2-A Doom Slayer. This also helps with the scaling.

To further add onto this, after absorbing the power of this Primeval, he gains the abilities that are hammered in to be consistent with Primevals. Like the manipulation of "essence" as Samur was able to manifest souls during his boss fight.

To sum all of this up, to explain his fight with TAG Doomguy, he absorbed the power of a 2-A entity that Doomguy would scale above (He defeated a Davoth that was heavily amplified between his defeat and resurrection, with him absorbing the power of other gods. So this amplified Davoth should not only be far, far stronger then when he originally created existence, but also the Father at the time who ever since then has no mention of gaining any bitches amps). With all of this backed up with Samur showcasing abilities that the Father has. If we go with this, we can either just give him 2-A durability or just overall 2-A stats, there really isn't anything stopping him from having the latter or the former besides still arguing PIS. But what do you guys think?

Also can we rename the page to Samur Maykr since that is his actual name?

Last edited:
Looks good. I’m fine with either proposal. As for the page name, isn’t Hayden more recognizable than Samur, even if that is his actual name? I assume pages use the more popular name, or is that not right?

Last edited:
I guess we do that, but I find it odd that a nickname of a character would take precedence over the actual name of a character. It doesn't really change much anyway.

If the upgrade is for a specific key that otherwise absorbed the power of other 2-A dieties, I'm fine with the upgrade.

I think we are fine input wise. Here is what I have planned;

• Maybe replace the transfiguration key with the 2-A key, probably call it "Post-Absorption" or "Father-Amped".
  • Maybe also give Samur all the powers of the Father.

That's all that comes to mind with this new key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back