• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Ganondorf power revision (mainly regen)

umm no it isn't. You see Link as a kid right in front of the master sword that's in the pedestal. If he really took the sword with him to the past, there would've been two Master Swords in the Child timeline.

Also, funny enough, Link does have a mid Godly Regenerationn feat in Skyward Sword, as his soul gets destroyed if he's hit by a Guardian, but it doesn't trigger a Game Over and he restarts from the beginning of the trial. It's suuuper non-canon game mechanicey though, which is why I don't bring it up in a serious light.

On a serious note, Hyrule Historia states that Ganondorf is a full-on reincarnation of Demise, as opposed to just an incarnation of Demise's hatred. Demise got his essence erased by the Master Sword after getting his ass sealed. Would that mean anything?

I suppose that Low-Godly seems to make sense, but it is best to ask Azathoth.

Also, personally I am extremely fond of Ocarina of Time. It may be my absolute favourite game, or at least it had the greatest impression on me.

No it's not. If Ganon was actually phased my an attack from someone weaker than him, then there would be some major problems.

Ehh, not Like it's relevant anyway.

This also reminds me, Ganondorf should also have Mid-High Regenerationn via Blood manipulation, as pouring blood onto his ashes will bring him back.

Ganon should also have some form of Matter manipulation, given how he disintegrated that Sage.

Best Zelda game for me would be Link's Awakening tbh. For a very, very, very, very, very, very long time, my all time favorite game (and Zelda game), was Majora's Mask. But when actually thinking about it (and rewatching Chuggaconroy's lp of it for like the sixth time, lol), I realized that I liked MM for the exact same reasons that I liked Awakening, and then givin' it more thought, realized I was more fond of that Link. I've always been a fan of tragic (and kind of melodramatic) storylines, so MM instantly clicked with me the first time. However, analyzing it better, Awakening is more dramatic, tragic and kind of inspiritional, at least to me. So now it is my all time favorite Zelda game, and game, for that matter, MM and WW going in second/third (still debating which I like more with those two xD).

Anyway, derailing aside, I don't see any particular point I don't agree on regarding the changes, so for now I agree.

How turning forest into Lost Wood is Reality Warping? It's more sort of Power Bestowal or Transmutation.

Also Midna doesn't kill Zant, we see him break his neck later.

@Yuri. Midna definitely did kill Zant. The Zant scene you're talking about was just an illusion.

@Everyone. Given that being in the Dark World makes people lose their humanity, should Ganon have Madness Manipulation?

People like Blind the thief and some knights actually become bestial and/or monster-like, but for the most part, it's morality based.

That... doesn't answer my question, lol.

I meant does the series define "humanity" as "moral standards" or "sanity".

Anyways Cal, I need more clarification on the time stop thingy with the winter. That could just be weather manipulation than just time stop.

It could be an illusion, but it's also implied to be the reason of Ganon's death, since their life was connected.

I'm fine with all of these suggestions although I want to point something out about the Time Stop. Despite the fact that "The power of darkness has halted the flow of time" there are still several NPCS that walk around and talk just fine in the frozen Hyrule.

I also want to bring up in The Wind Waker that there are rooms Ganon made in his tower that seemingly send Link back in time to when he initially fought the various bosses in the game. For example you enter a room to fight Gohma, however everything is in black and white (Much like Hyrule when it's frozen in time) and Link only has the items he had when he first fought Gohma (All the others disappear from the inventory until you beat him) and Valoo is also at the top of the boss room so you can hook onto his tail despite still being above the Great Sea.

Back